Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Any one know about this wilson racquet? price is over 1000usd (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=461350)

tyu1314 04-21-2013 06:56 PM

Any one know about this wilson racquet? price is over 1000usd
 
I found this racquet on a chinese site(tmall), and the price vary from 6K RMB TO 8.888K RMB, which equivalent to 970usd to 1438usd
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Do you guys know about this racquet? Did they ever release it in US??

rdis10093 04-21-2013 07:00 PM

smoke if you got them

tyu1314 04-21-2013 07:01 PM

name:Wilson EX CALIBUR BLX

serial number: WRT7055

head size: 105sq.in

weight::264 g/9.3 oz

balance:32.0cm/7pts Head Light

string bed: 16*19

recommended tension: 53-63lb

tyu1314 04-21-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdis10093 (Post 7360274)
smoke if you got them

With that money i rather buy 15-20 used racquets. :)

darklore009 04-21-2013 07:10 PM

wow, it would not be something i would play with. new technology? using gold as another compound along with basalt, graphite, kelvar, and fiberglass to create the perfect feel?

Overdrive 04-21-2013 07:11 PM

It looks like a gold-plated Wilson BLX Blade 105 (even though they never had a 105 sq in version). It could be the Wilson Blade 105, but they only made a 104 version.

Anyways, it's still a crappy racquet for my needs. :)

Overdrive 04-21-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darklore009 (Post 7360286)
wow, it would not be something i would play with. new technology? using gold as another compound along with basalt, graphite, kelvar, and fiberglass to create the perfect feel?

You're seriously considering this?

This is another gimmick like several other technologies and cosmetics that racquet companies have used for decades.. :|

darklore009 04-21-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdrive (Post 7360291)
You're seriously considering this?

This is another gimmick like several other technologies and cosmetics that racquet companies have used for decades.. :|

i'm just joking around with the techs in rackets these days. all company can make up anything and call it their new "tech". anyway, imho, would be a waste to get this racket. more like hanging in the wall or leave it in someone's storage locker for years.

Overdrive 04-21-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darklore009 (Post 7360293)
i'm just joking around with the techs in rackets these days. all company can make up anything and call it their new "tech". anyway, imho, would be a waste to get this racket. more like hanging in the wall or leave it in someone's storage locker for years.

First of all, I would never pay more than $100 for a racquet.

If I ever acquired this, I would sell it on the board here or the European racquet stringers forum. :)

Other auction sites take a significant percentage of the total sale and other hidden fees.

MAXXply 04-21-2013 07:21 PM

It's a special China-only limited edition release. Wilson Asia wanted to target rich Chinese and overseas-Chinese collectors. They wanted to market a racket that would be desired by the same (Asian) collectors who collect luxury watches or Hello Kitty toys. Rumour has it that a tennis-loving "Princeling" son of a high-ranking Party official bought 10 of these just to display on his wall.

The gold paint is actually 24ct gold flake. The black carbon frame is pure volcanic carbon sourced from the remote volcanic islands of Finland (Wilson is owned by Amer Sport, based in Finland)

I heard also that Babolat plan to introduce their own luxury version (in time for Shanghai Masters) in partnership with luxury goods giant LVMH, again, China-only. Rumour has it it will be an APD with gold-coated RPM Blast strings and a handle lined with rhino-horn powder for extra potency and power.

Overdrive 04-21-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXXply (Post 7360302)
It's a special China-only limited edition release. Wilson Asia wanted to target rich Chinese and overseas-Chinese collectors. They wanted to market a racket that would be desired by the same (Asian) collectors who collect luxury watches or Hello Kitty toys. Rumour has it that a tennis-loving "Princeling" son of a high-ranking Party official bought 10 of these just to display on his wall.

The gold paint is actually 24ct gold flake. The black carbon frame is pure volcanic carbon sourced from the remote volcanic islands of Finland (Wilson is owned by Amer Sport, based in Finland)

I heard also that Babolat plan to introduce their own luxury version (in time for Shanghai Masters) in partnership with luxury goods giant LVMH, again, China-only. Rumour has it it will be an APD with gold-coated RPM Blast strings and a handle lined with rhino-horn powder for extra potency and power.

In short...

These luxury racquets are useless for the remaining recreational and professional players. :)

Doubles 04-21-2013 08:02 PM

I can honestly say I saw that in person when I was in China a few years ago. It didn't look any different than a repainted Blade OS mold to me.

tyu1314 04-21-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXXply (Post 7360302)

The black carbon frame is pure volcanic carbon sourced from the remote volcanic islands of Finland (Wilson is owned by Amer Sport, based in Finland)

Wonder how the racquet feel and play.

ST VINCENT FAN 04-21-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXXply (Post 7360302)
It's a special China-only limited edition release. Wilson Asia wanted to target rich Chinese and overseas-Chinese collectors. They wanted to market a racket that would be desired by the same (Asian) collectors who collect luxury watches or Hello Kitty toys. Rumour has it that a tennis-loving "Princeling" son of a high-ranking Party official bought 10 of these just to display on his wall.

You'd think that the rich collector would spend their money on some real signature racquets that can be purchased at auctions that come up time to time as opposed to buying something that is clearly an untested gimmick.... then again what would I know, I'm not a rich collector :-?

MAXXply 04-22-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXXply (Post 7360302)
It's a special China-only limited edition release. Wilson Asia wanted to target rich Chinese and overseas-Chinese collectors. They wanted to market a racket that would be desired by the same (Asian) collectors who collect luxury watches or Hello Kitty toys. Rumour has it that a tennis-loving "Princeling" son of a high-ranking Party official bought 10 of these just to display on his wall.

The gold paint is actually 24ct gold flake. The black carbon frame is pure volcanic carbon sourced from the remote volcanic islands of Finland (Wilson is owned by Amer Sport, based in Finland)

I heard also that Babolat plan to introduce their own luxury version (in time for Shanghai Masters) in partnership with luxury goods giant LVMH, again, China-only. Rumour has it it will be an APD with gold-coated RPM Blast strings and a handle lined with rhino-horn powder for extra potency and power.


:wink: I uhhh, was only kidding about what I wrote above, but I think the bolded sentences would be about right - I think Wilson just wanted to brazenly exploit that status-conscious Asian mindset.

ST VINCENT FAN 04-22-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXXply (Post 7360550)
:wink: I uhhh, was only kidding about what I wrote above, but I think the bolded sentences would be about right - I think Wilson just wanted to brazenly exploit that status-conscious Asian mindset.

Wilson have always released a lot of limited editions and only targeted them at the Asian market, a couple that spring to mind are the Wilson Pro Staff 85 with Classic 6.1 paint job (Edberg Racquet) and the limited edition Wilson Hyper Pro Staff 85. Makes it very hard to get hold of after the fact unless you're willing to pay crazy money on that big auction site :(

Sander001 04-22-2013 04:10 AM

$1000 bones and they still give you crappy NXT strings?


tyu1314 04-22-2013 05:38 AM

So in the description it says the composition :火山岩纤维+热熔碳纤, which google translate into Volcanic fiber and Hot melt carbon fiber, it is probably the same material as the other blx racquet.

tyu1314 04-22-2013 05:49 AM

Found another racquet on that site, 4000rmn(647usd) ,
Prince O3 Speedport Gold

headsize :115in
length:27.5in
weight:250 gram
balance:360 毫米
swingweight: 285
stiffness: 64
beam width: 26
material: High Modulus Graphite with Titanium and Tungsten
power: high
swing: slow
grip: DuraSoft+
string patter: 16*19
tension: 57-67

650dollar come with a can of balls, and a pack of synthetic gut.:shock:

MAXXply 04-22-2013 06:13 AM

Seems it is just a seller re-packaging whatever rackets they have and trying to market them as exclusive collectibles at inflated prices. They get a carrycase, fit some specially-cut foam padding and make it look real special. The rackets may be genuine but I don't think they are authorised "collectible/limited edition" offerings by the respective racket brands.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse