Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Don't Know What To Do . . . (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=461367)

NickJ 04-21-2013 11:20 PM

Don't Know What To Do . . .

Ove the weekend during a tidy up I found in my loft (attic for my American friends), an original Donnay Pro One OS, Grey/Orange colour, still with original bag, unused, plastic still on the handle, factory tag still attached, mint/perfect/as-good-as-you-can-get condition, I mean PERFECT.
Some years ago i had players terms of sponsorship with Donnay as a promising junior and loving Agassi I used his racquets. I had a bunch of Pro Ones that over the years I had broken, passed on to friends, sold or just stopped using. I kept one for sentimental reasons as it's still a great stick but on Saturday I found one tucked away in forgotten about box. It's an SL2 as I used to vary between a 2 and a 3 as i was growing up.
Now, my dilemma is, do I keep hold of it as it's in AAA+ condition, or do I sell as a baby will be arriving soon and the wife already thinks I have too many racquets! My question to all you wonderful TW people is what do you think? Should it stay or should it go now? If so, where would be the best place to advertise it? On the bay, or here? Anywhere else?
Thanks guys.

roundiesee 04-22-2013 12:17 AM

Sell it to FabFed? :)

ST VINCENT FAN 04-22-2013 02:29 AM

If you decide to sell it then the auction site will get you the most $$$ for your racket, I've always found that people making offers is never as good as putting it up on the "BAY".

One word of advice, if you do decide to list it then you should offer it worldwide as opposed to just limiting yourself to the American market.

All the best with the little one coming :)

McLovin 04-22-2013 03:44 AM

Sell it now, while Agassi is somewhat relevant. There are people in my age bracket (40+) that reminisce about the "days of old", and still believe they can wield that frame, not realizing they aren't as strong as they used to be.

In addition, many of them have 'disposable income' and are willing to pay top $ for that experience. Take them for all they are worth...

Bdarb 04-22-2013 07:52 AM

Sounds like a special racquet. Do you need a couple hundred dollars that bad? Put it behind all the others she won't notice! Youde e better off being able to share this history with the young one some day:)

NickJ 04-22-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ST VINCENT FAN (Post 7360650)
If you decide to sell it then the auction site will get you the most $$$ for your racket, I've always found that people making offers is never as good as putting it up on the "BAY".

One word of advice, if you do decide to list it then you should offer it worldwide as opposed to just limiting yourself to the American market.

All the best with the little one coming :)

Thanks for the advise all but to Mr StVincent Fan I like the idea of using the bay, worldwide would've been my choice too, but i think to get to all available prospective buyers am i able to 'advertise' here on these boards (and TW Europe) by say just posting the auction number?

NickJ 04-22-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLovin (Post 7360720)
Sell it now, while Agassi is somewhat relevant. There are people in my age bracket (40+) that reminisce about the "days of old", and still believe they can wield that frame, not realizing they aren't as strong as they used to be.

In addition, many of them have 'disposable income' and are willing to pay top $ for that experience. Take them for all they are worth...

Good idea, thanks!

NickJ 04-22-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdarb (Post 7361118)
Sounds like a special racquet. Do you need a couple hundred dollars that bad? Put it behind all the others she won't notice! Youde e better off being able to share this history with the young one some day:)

Money isn't the issue and my wife is the household hide & seek champion in that when I've tried to conceal contraband before (I had 3 gorgeous Redondos hidden in an old racquet bag and she found them looking for something to hit with herself . . . . ), anyway, I think I should share my love of this stick with someone who loves it but doesn't have one, the fact that I get a few in exchange is not my priority. I still have my original to pass down the line to junior in years to come!

mad dog1 04-22-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickJ (Post 7362638)
Thanks for the advise all but to Mr StVincent Fan I like the idea of using the bay, worldwide would've been my choice too, but i think to get to all available prospective buyers am i able to 'advertise' here on these boards (and TW Europe) by say just posting the auction number?

no, you are not allowed to advertise on the board

Readers 04-23-2013 12:17 AM

I would try to see how much you can get on this board first.