Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   I AM Ticked OFF!!!! Monfils (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=461708)

RodSmooth 04-25-2013 02:05 PM

I AM Ticked OFF!!!! Monfils
 
Monfils's Career is ticking me off.

Even though he will be easily in the top 100 by the end of the year, he needs a couple of masters and Slams.

I cant take this anymore, hardly any titles, always losing to less gifted players year after year.(Nadal aka PED,Murray,Gasquet,Tsonga,Lance,etc.)

Career Record:: W253-154L / It should easily be W380-26L . He has to much Natural Talent and Superior Genetics.

Only has 4 Career Titles. He should Easily have 50+ including Masters and GS's.

Ever since Orange bowl in 2003, ive been committed as a fan, and he continues to let me down.

All the Nervous Pee brekas during matches, All the stressing in tight moments, all the C'mons and "ALLESSS", all the mile sprints i did after a Match win...

Im tired of restringing my Liquid Metal Prestige 2004 and re-gripping my racket before i watch every time you play. Its a waste of string Jobs if you keep losing to lesser players.

Im not going to take anymore of this. This guy is Clowning around with my emotions. I dont know what i might do if he dosent win the 20+ Grandslams he should Win. Im tempted to rip down my Monfils posters if this continues.


NOW... WTF is this

WHat happened to the locks of Death? Does he not look better with locks.

He needs to stop listing to these coaches, telling him to loose muscle mass.

He played better with Size on him.



Hes the best player to hit the court, He just hasnt unleashed his full potential.

He's like Gohan He needs the Grand Kai to Unleash his potential.

And that grand Kai is.......

Monfils needs to get Back with this 10/10 with the perfect bottom.
She is the Grand Kai, to this situation.

If you guys disagree then you have no knowledge of Monfils's True Potential and Destiny...

Thats all i have to say

romeo8880 04-25-2013 02:39 PM

Monfils trolled everybody again and lost to Brands...although he got injured again it seems?

RodSmooth 04-25-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeo8880 (Post 7368108)
Monfils trolled everybody again and lost to Brands...although he got injured again it seems?

Unfortunately, that tournament could've gave him the confidence and Matches under his belt, he needed

sdont 04-25-2013 02:52 PM

Props to you, Rod, you brought a smile to my face with this thread in these depressing times for a Gael fan.

Did you see his FH winner on MP against Volandri? That's what I want to see more often.

RodSmooth 04-25-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdont (Post 7368125)
Props to you, Rod, you brought a smile to my face with this thread in these depressing times for a Gael fan.

Did you see his FH winner on MP against Volandri? That's what I want to see more often.

lol thank you man.

No i didnt see that shot you speak of, i do know he can bomb forehands win he unleashes

beast of mallorca 04-25-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodSmooth (Post 7368136)
lol thank you man.

No i didnt see that shot you speak of, i do know he can bomb forehands win he unleashes

You are to Monfils as Arky is to Isner as TMF is to Federer.
GreAT !!:twisted:

sdont 04-25-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodSmooth (Post 7368136)
lol thank you man.

No i didnt see that shot you speak of, i do know he can bomb forehands win he unleashes

I couldn't find it on youtube. I was wrong it wasn't on MP. But yeah, you got the idea.

MichaelNadal 04-25-2013 04:58 PM

He's frustrating me too. I wish he could get it together, but it's not gonna happen.

The Bawss 04-25-2013 05:23 PM

Monfils sucks so hard I heard he has secured a job at Dyson after he retires.

Tenez101 04-25-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodSmooth (Post 7368055)
He's like Gohan He needs the Grand Kai to Unleash his potential.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQrK3UYlzr0

:)

"Try believing some place else!"

Sid_Vicious 04-25-2013 09:11 PM

Monfils' will reach his true potential and destiny when he becomes a break-dancer on the streets of Paris.

asusundevils1971 04-25-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid_Vicious (Post 7368599)
Monfils' will reach his true potential and destiny when he becomes a break-dancer on the streets of Paris.

He can't be a break dancer on the streets of Paris.. He would get injured and wouldn't make any money. I am sure there will be a club that would like a washed up pro to teach juniors..

RodSmooth 04-27-2013 03:59 PM

Haters ^^^^^

Overdrive 04-27-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodSmooth (Post 7368055)
[IMG][/IMG]

Oh my goodness... he looks sickly.. :oops:

Is he seriously wearing Asics?

TheF1Bob 04-27-2013 04:19 PM

It's confirmed, Monfils is in the same category as The Donald. :lol:

rdis10093 04-27-2013 04:24 PM

dude is going to do damage at the french. just watch.

merwy 04-27-2013 04:46 PM

I don't know man, everyone's talking like Monfils is some kind of huge underachievers who could have won multiple slams if he got his head straight. I think he's the most overrated player together with Isner.

I mean, what has Monfils ever done? He dives like a freaking idiot on a hardcourt and makes weird shots. That's all he does. Yes, he's very athletic and fast. So what? Is that what makes someone good at tennis? No, playing tennis well makes you good at tennis. Good technique, good shotmaking, good footwork. And athleticism helps obviously, but does not make a good player.

RodSmooth 04-27-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheF1Bob (Post 7372340)
It's confirmed, Monfils is in the same category as The Donald. :lol:

That's not even a realistic troll job

RodSmooth 04-27-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merwy (Post 7372398)
I don't know man, everyone's talking like Monfils is some kind of huge underachievers who could have won multiple slams if he got his head straight. I think he's the most overrated player together with Isner.

I mean, what has Monfils ever done? He dives like a freaking idiot on a hardcourt and makes weird shots. That's all he does. Yes, he's very athletic and fast. So what? Is that what makes someone good at tennis? No, playing tennis well makes you good at tennis. Good technique, good shotmaking, good footwork. And athleticism helps obviously, but does not make a good player.


"good technique, good footwork" ....... That's how I know, you don't know what your talking about.

jhhachamp 04-27-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodSmooth (Post 7368055)
Monfils's Career is ticking me off.

Even though he will be easily in the top 100 by the end of the year, he needs a couple of masters and Slams.

I cant take this anymore, hardly any titles, always losing to less gifted players year after year.(Nadal aka PED,Murray,Gasquet,Tsonga,Lance,etc.)

Career Record:: W253-154L / It should easily be W380-26L . He has to much Natural Talent and Superior Genetics.

Only has 4 Career Titles. He should Easily have 50+ including Masters and GS's.

Ever since Orange bowl in 2003, ive been committed as a fan, and he continues to let me down.

All the Nervous Pee brekas during matches, All the stressing in tight moments, all the C'mons and "ALLESSS", all the mile sprints i did after a Match win...

Im tired of restringing my Liquid Metal Prestige 2004 and re-gripping my racket before i watch every time you play. Its a waste of string Jobs if you keep losing to lesser players.

Im not going to take anymore of this. This guy is Clowning around with my emotions. I dont know what i might do if he dosent win the 20+ Grandslams he should Win. Im tempted to rip down my Monfils posters if this continues.


NOW... WTF is this

WHat happened to the locks of Death? Does he not look better with locks.

He needs to stop listing to these coaches, telling him to loose muscle mass.

He played better with Size on him.



Hes the best player to hit the court, He just hasnt unleashed his full potential.

He's like Gohan He needs the Grand Kai to Unleash his potential.

And that grand Kai is.......

Monfils needs to get Back with this 10/10 with the perfect bottom.
She is the Grand Kai, to this situation.

If you guys disagree then you have no knowledge of Monfils's True Potential and Destiny...

Thats all i have to say

Unfortunately for you and Monfils, athletic ability is much less important than technical skill in tennis. It is probably about 80% technical skill and 20% athletic ability. Monfils is a great athlete compared to the average tennis player, but not compared to top track and field athletes or basketball/soccer/football players. If athletic ability was all it took to dominate tennis, then someone like Bo Jackson would be the greatest of all time.

Monfils has weak technical skills compared to most other top 50 players. He was never going to have a career win/loss record of 380-26 or 50+ tournament wins. I could see him doing a bit better than he has (especially recently), like maybe a Masters Series or two, or a slam semi or final, but I don't think it is fair to say he has been a total underachiever based solely on his athletic ability. I honestly can't see him consistently beating anyone in the top 7 right now, even at his peak level.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse