Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Shoe Trouble (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=461905)

joshthefisher 04-27-2013 02:56 PM

Shoe Trouble

Ok I am a die hard Nike shoe player but at this point I am getting fed up.
My first ever pair of tennis shoes were
Kswiss Defier RS most comfortable ever 2-3 weeks worn through.

Next were Nike Air Max Breathe Cage 2 I wore these until they discontinued them about 5 pair, most consistent and reliable shoe(favorite)12-20 weeks worn through.

Next Court Ballistec 3.3 had 2 pair of these resembled the cages but a bit too tight in the toe box 10-16 weeks worn through.

Next Court Ballistec 4.3 succes a perfect shoe first pair about 12-14 weeks worn through. Second pair laceing system wears out before soles 5 loops pop but still able to wear out the soles, Third pair same deal 3 loops pop, Fourth pair None of the laceing system pops but separates from wear it is sewn to the shoe I sewd it back together about 12 weeks worn through. Fifth pair after about one 4 weeks the heel swole up like the air burst inside these were a warrenty replacement but I am arguing my case and don't know if they will replace them as yet. So a pretty steady 12 weeks on soles but other defects plegue these shoes

Next Air Max Cage fit about the same as the cb4.3s dont have the laceing problem but wait recieved these shoes the 28th of March I will post pic.

Any suggestions on a decent durability shoe with fair comfort. You will see from the pics that I dont wear heels out. I am strongly considering K Swiss big shot 2's I wear 11.5 Nike should that be alright for the bs2's? All suggestions apreciated.
[IMG][/IMG]

NJ1 04-27-2013 03:34 PM

Wilson Rush Pro, Barricade 7, Asics GR5.

How many hours do you play per week? That is the most telling. I get 25 hours from Court Ballistecs and Gel Res before I put a hole in the toe. B7s give me 45, Rush Pros will be close to that.

Lukhas 04-27-2013 05:05 PM

^The Rush Pro is that durable? I though neither GR5 or RPro are as durable as B7s.

Anyway... Play more on clay than hard :lol:. I had my Nike AMC at the end of February. I play roughly 6 hours a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. Now, only 1.5 hour of these are on hard... Didn't put a dent in it yet. And yes, the number of hours you got out of it is important for us to guess what you mean. Looking at your shoes I'm glad the high wear areas really do their job greatly since I tend to kill the shoes at the ankle before the rest of the outsole is damaged. Then no surprise, AMC are not as durable as CBs, but they are less bulky and much lighter.

Or do it like this: take a durability guaranteed shoe you're sure to destroy in less than 6 months and you like wearing of course. Send it for guarantee to the manufacturer. Profit. Literally. If you can't afford to do this, the Barricades are the most durable shoe out there, but it isn't for toe grinders though, and since you seem to destroy the front part first, you'd be better off with the CB 4.3 that protect the toe much better.

joshthefisher 04-27-2013 06:58 PM

Ok forgot to mention I've tried barricades on in a store years ago and they were to tight and to high of an arch. I have flat feet.

I play 8-10hrs a week

Lukhas 04-27-2013 07:14 PM

Then milk the hell out of the durability guarantee.

joshthefisher 04-27-2013 07:54 PM

Yea everything seems to lead back to cb4.3

Nobody have any feedback on durability and fit of kswiss bigshot 2?

I would love to play on clay but I live on a small island in the Bahamas with 1 hardcourt lukhas hence also makes it hard to deal with warentees but with the cb4.3 s I can manage to get enough sole durrability and still girt them back.
Its just ive had so much other flaws wit the cb4.3 I am sort of turned away from them hopefully Nike can sort these issues out because I really like them.

Thanks for the insight everyone.

Lukhas 04-27-2013 08:45 PM

Oh yeah, the Air bubble under the heel cracking as already been mentioned in the forums. CB 4.3 protects the forefoot much more than the heel it seems, the bubble can crack sometimes if abused too much. I think it's taken care of by guarantee, someone please confirm this. It's the second most durable shoe out there, first being the B7s. If you have issues with both, I dunno what to say then. Wilson Rush Pro, AMC, Gel Resolution 5 hold very decently on the court, but not as much as the CBs and especially B7. Maybe with after-market insoles you'll be able to wear the B7s if you don't like it at all. Ironically, I have flat foot and wear orthopaedic outsoles, and I'm much rather having a high arch support than nothing under my foot's arch. There will be an eight version this summer/fall.

There's the Women TW review for the KSwiss BigShot2. The men review was cancelled since the shoe leaves (washable) marks on the court.

NJ1 04-29-2013 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukhas (Post 7372428)
^The Rush Pro is that durable? I though neither GR5 or RPro are as durable as B7s.

Anyway... Play more on clay than hard :lol:. I had my Nike AMC at the end of February. I play roughly 6 hours a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. Now, only 1.5 hour of these are on hard... Didn't put a dent in it yet. And yes, the number of hours you got out of it is important for us to guess what you mean. Looking at your shoes I'm glad the high wear areas really do their job greatly since I tend to kill the shoes at the ankle before the rest of the outsole is damaged. Then no surprise, AMC are not as durable as CBs, but they are less bulky and much lighter.

Or do it like this: take a durability guaranteed shoe you're sure to destroy in less than 6 months and you like wearing of course. Send it for guarantee to the manufacturer. Profit. Literally. If you can't afford to do this, the Barricades are the most durable shoe out there, but it isn't for toe grinders though, and since you seem to destroy the front part first, you'd be better off with the CB 4.3 that protect the toe much better.

The Rush Pro durability is a kind of estimate, as I've only had 16 hours with them, but they're holding up well as I put a hole in 2k11s in 15 hours. They are certainly more durable than Gel Resolutions, though perhaps not quite as durable as barricades overall in the toe they may just be.

As regards toe dragging, I find the B7 to be far better than the CBs. I get 45 hrs before a hole goes right through whereas with the CB 3.3 and 4,3 it takes just 25 hours. Nike have dropped the ball as regards toe protection since the CB 2.3s, which isn't good considering they've always been weak in the outer heel (rubber way too thin). Nike are very comfy though.

Lukhas 04-29-2013 06:49 AM

Holding good... How do you define "holding good"?

NJ1 04-29-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukhas (Post 7375610)
Holding good... How do you define "holding good"?

Me? Holding up well? That just means they are showing very little signs of wear through 16 hours, though this is aided by the almost smooth tread pattern which hides balding well.

Lukhas 04-29-2013 07:20 AM

Okay thank you. Might be my next pick after the AMC. Although they don't even have signs of wear. Not happy with the arch. This, or my orthopaedic insoles have given up. Most likely with latter. :lol:

NJ1 04-29-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukhas (Post 7375680)
Okay thank you. Might be my next pick after the AMC. Although they don't even have signs of wear. Not happy with the arch. This, or my orthopaedic insoles have given up. Most likely with latter. :lol:

No worries. They are really nice, a big step up from Wilson. And it's always fun trying new tennis shoes! Good luck with your foot issues btw.

Lukhas 04-29-2013 08:21 PM

Say, do the heel holds nicely? The outside of the heel is always where I grind the shoes first, and I've just noticed that's also where I grind my AMC, despite the fact the other part of the shoe look perfectly fine, if it wasn't for the clay coating on it of course. Not wanting bulky B7s or CBs due to the orthopaedic insole making the shoe ride higher than standard, nor I want light shoes because I'm a rat.

mad dog1 04-29-2013 09:12 PM

Babolat Propulse 4...i have ~45 hrs on my P4s so far and they've probably still got another 10-15 hours on them.

here's my review
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...&postcount=106

NJ1 04-30-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukhas (Post 7377320)
Say, do the heel holds nicely? The outside of the heel is always where I grind the shoes first, and I've just noticed that's also where I grind my AMC, despite the fact the other part of the shoe look perfectly fine, if it wasn't for the clay coating on it of course. Not wanting bulky B7s or CBs due to the orthopaedic insole making the shoe ride higher than standard, nor I want light shoes because I'm a rat.

Yes, the Rush Pro outer heel will last probably 30-40% longer than that of a Nike shoe (this is comparing to my current CB 4.3s).

Lukhas 04-30-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ1 (Post 7377875)
Yes, the Rush Pro outer heel will last probably 30-40% longer than that of a Nike shoe (this is comparing to my current CB 4.3s).

Thank you. That makes me sad to think I could eventually burst the bubble with the rest of the shoe being fine. That's also where I lost my 4.1s: the front box pattern was gone, but there was still plenty of outsole, not even near a hole, and I threw them anyway because the bubble of my left shoe deflated and my heel was taking the toll instead. New insoles Thursday normally, so that may help to save the shoe too. Or my knees for that matters, I waited for too long to get the insoles (:oops:) and of course, it doesn't only affect the feet when I wear one or not.