Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   "Sloane Stephens blasts Serena Williams" (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=462722)

kanamit 05-05-2013 10:32 PM

"Sloane Stephens blasts Serena Williams"

Has anyone else seen this interview? Sloane says of Serena:

She’s not said one word to me, not spoken to me, not said hi, not looked my way, not been in the same room with me since I played her in Australia,” Stephens says emphatically. “And that should tell everyone something, how she went from saying all these nice things about me to unfollowing me on Twitter.”

Her mom tries to slow her down, but Sloane is insistent. “Like, seriously! People should know. They think she’s so friendly and she’s so this and she’s so that — no, that’s not reality! You don’t unfollow someone on Twitter, delete them off of BlackBerry Messenger. I mean, what for? Why?

http://tennis.si.com/2013/05/04/sloa...na-williams-2/

SystemicAnomaly 05-05-2013 10:55 PM

Is there a Serena side to this story? Seems rather petty of Serena if the Sloane perspective is largely accurate.

BevelDevil 05-05-2013 11:08 PM

Yeah, but it's also totally unnecessary for Sloan to comment on it publicly in an incendiary way. I hope Sloan focuses on her game and doesn't get too hung up on the drama.

Having said that, I'm sure it irks Serena to be on tour with a "Baby Serena" and I can see her having that type of unfortunate reaction.

Maybe she should team up with Dimitrov and play doubles vs. Roger and Sloan. That would be awesome.

powerangle 05-05-2013 11:15 PM

That's actually kinda funny if true.

Alexandros 05-05-2013 11:19 PM

Note to Sloane: you are no longer in elementary school. If other kids don't want to be your friend there are no teachers around to make them play with you.

Lukhas 05-06-2013 04:15 AM

Wasn't there a thread about that story like yesterday?

Relinquis 05-06-2013 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukhas (Post 7388967)

there was, but it deteriorated quite quickly...

AngieB 05-06-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukhas (Post 7388967)

Yes, but the discussion spiraled downward very quickly and it appears deleted.

AngieB

Tennis_Hands 05-06-2013 05:31 AM

That is what happens, when the players are hanging in the social networks, instead of working on their games.

I mean, dude, have you not better things to do than to discuss tweeted messages?

Govnor 05-06-2013 06:05 AM

She'll probably regret saying this, even if it is totally true.

tacou 05-06-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennis_Hands (Post 7389040)
That is what happens, when the players are hanging in the social networks, instead of working on their games.

I mean, dude, have you not better things to do than to discuss tweeted messages?

I said this in the other thread; it's pretty sad that we need to discuss Twitter and Blackberry messenger...but at the same time, could Serena be more of a sore loser? "Defriending" someone because they beat her in a match?

I don't think this story is that big of a shock, and while Sloan might've come on a little strong, it must be annoying for her to get one question after another about her "mentor."

I just look forward to the next match-up now.

ivan_the_terrible 05-06-2013 07:49 AM

Jehovah Witnesses are not allowed to Tweet or use BBM else they lose their place amongst the 144,000 followers that will survive the apocalypse.

I guess Sloane doesn't know this, I will tweet her the lowdown to settle her feathers.

DRII 05-06-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacou (Post 7389207)
I said this in the other thread; it's pretty sad that we need to discuss Twitter and Blackberry messenger...but at the same time, could Serena be more of a sore loser? "Defriending" someone because they beat her in a match?

I don't think this story is that big of a shock, and while Sloan might've come on a little strong, it must be annoying for her to get one question after another about her "mentor."

was Serena ever really her mentor?

I don't remember this being the case until the media tried to hype the story early this year.

they have played on Fed Cup together, but Sloane had never said anything like that about Serena. and i distinctly remember Sloane saying Clijsters was her favorite player in the past, which her style emulates more than Serena's...

Soianka 05-06-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tacou (Post 7389207)

And you know Serena de-friended her because she lost, how?

Serena lost to Caroline Wozniacki and they are still twitter friends.

SLD76 05-06-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soianka (Post 7389240)

and wasnt wozniacki the only one from the tour to visit her when she was in the hospital?

THUNDERVOLLEY 05-06-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soianka (Post 7389240)

They do not know.

Quote:

Uh-oh...a bit of fact in the mix! How can this be? I thought we had to believe SW drops twitter friends if she lost to them? "Oh,. she's bitter!" "oh, she's immature!" What the Hell ever.

I guess the anti-SW propaganda goes down the toilet hole once again.

Goosehead 05-06-2013 08:27 AM

whooooooo serena 'defriended' her on twitter..wow,

Sloane should call the police..what an outrage. :neutral:

sureshs 05-06-2013 08:29 AM

Is Sloane sponsored by Twitter? Twitter seems to be the winner here.

THUNDERVOLLEY 05-06-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goosehead (Post 7389303)
whooooooo serena 'defriended' her on twitter..wow,

Sloane should call the police..what an outrage. :neutral:

...or the TW Hate Squad. They are always ready to stalk and attack Serena--even in threads where she is not a topic or even passing reference.

Gorecki 05-06-2013 08:36 AM

straws... must grasp... serena needs my defense against the racists... must resist...