Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Spin+Control strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=462830)

SuperHead 05-06-2013 10:51 PM

Spin+Control strings

I am a player who can generate my own power, but need a control+spin oriented string.

o0lunatik 05-07-2013 06:23 AM

Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour - slightly on the stiff side but very playable, controllable, and spin friendly.

Lukhas 05-07-2013 06:47 AM

What racquet? What are your usual tensions? Age? Style of play? Level of play? Size/weight maybe? Do you break strings? Do you have or had arm issues?

SuperHead 05-07-2013 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o0lunatik (Post 7391339)
Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour - slightly on the stiff side but very playable, controllable, and spin friendly.

I'm not a 100% sure, but I think Pro Hurricane Tour is more of a power string, RPM Blast is more of control and spin string. What do you think of the two?

o0lunatik 05-07-2013 08:44 AM

According to my experience, RPM blast is slightly more powerful. I have played with both and prefer the PHT b/c I am also a hard hitter. I find that control was slightly better with PHT than RPM. TW did rate PHT power slightly lower than RPM, but PHT was softer in stiffness.

Both strings are quite similar though with PHT a little less expensive. I have came across other findings where results in contrary to mine and TW's. I guess other factors are involved... tension and racquet stiffness as well.

I did find a great alternative... Technifibre Black Code and Pro's Pro Black Out (way less expensive version of Black Code). They play almost identical (only diff is the name). You can just pound balls as hard as you want and still have great control and spin production. The reason why I've been sticking with these strings is b/c they are much easier on the arm than PHT or RPM, and durability is slightly better.

SuperHead 05-07-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o0lunatik (Post 7391667)
According to my experience, RPM blast is slightly more powerful. I have played with both and prefer the PHT b/c I am also a hard hitter. I find that control was slightly better with PHT than RPM. TW did rate PHT power slightly lower than RPM, but PHT was softer in stiffness.

Both strings are quite similar though with PHT a little less expensive. I have came across other findings where results in contrary to mine and TW's. I guess other factors are involved... tension and racquet stiffness as well.

I did find a great alternative... Technifibre Black Code and Pro's Pro Black Out (way less expensive version of Black Code). They play almost identical (only diff is the name). You can just pound balls as hard as you want and still have great control and spin production. The reason why I've been sticking with these strings is b/c they are much easier on the arm than PHT or RPM, and durability is slightly better.

Thanks for the info.:)

db10s 05-07-2013 01:37 PM

If you want something that isn't dead in 45 mins get Dunlop Black Widow.

SoCalJay 05-07-2013 01:55 PM

You'll probably love Solinco Tour Bite. Or, for a slightly cheaper option, Tourna Big Hitter Black 7.

ragingbull1980 05-08-2013 10:15 AM

SuperHead, the string you should try first is Yonex Poly Tour Spin 16L. Great control with great spin, no power, and great tension maintenance. Tour bite and tourna black 7 are good strings but may be too powerful for you as they were for me, still worth a try but for taking big cuts at the ball YPTS was best in my experience.

ishiun 05-08-2013 05:15 PM

I love Tourna Big Hitter Black 7. Its a bit stiff though