Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dunlop - Verdasco and Amalgro (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=462991)

sportmac 05-08-2013 09:32 AM

Dunlop - Verdasco and Amalgro
 
Verdasco is playing with painted black racquet and Amalgro has dropped the new Dunlop F.0 tour for the old one he played with, 500 tour (at least in his match with Youzhny today).
Wonder if the stiffer new frames is not sitting well with these guys.

Power Player 05-08-2013 09:35 AM

Blacked out sticks either mean trying a new racquet or a contract issue.

Not sure on Amalgro, but I doubt he uses a retail stick and I doubt his are as stiff.

Fed Kennedy 05-08-2013 09:40 AM

Almagro I believe is using Hotmelt 300G for a long time now

BreakPoint 05-08-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fed Kennedy (Post 7395297)
Almagro I believe is using Hotmelt 300G for a long time now

If he is, it must be weighted up quite a bit. It's WAY too light in stock form. I could not hit a crosscourt 1HBH with it to save my life because there was just not enough mass behind the racquet.

Power Player 05-08-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakPoint (Post 7395605)
If he is, it must be weighted up quite a bit. It's WAY too light in stock form. I could not hit a crosscourt 1HBH with it to save my life because there was just not enough mass behind the racquet.

The fact that it is weighted up should be obvious.

BreakPoint 05-08-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Power Player (Post 7395669)
The fact that it is weighted up should be obvious.

But I'm talking like adding a ton of weight. Where would he hide that much lead tape? So it might be the same mold as the HM 300G, but probably a custom layup so that it's much heavier in stock form.

Fed Kennedy 05-08-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakPoint (Post 7395605)
If he is, it must be weighted up quite a bit. It's WAY too light in stock form. I could not hit a crosscourt 1HBH with it to save my life because there was just not enough mass behind the racquet.

you may be right.



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse