Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Adult League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   The TW Friday Doubles League! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=463076)

TW Staff 05-09-2013 10:32 AM

The TW Friday Doubles League!
 
After much request, we have organized a bit of a competitive doubles league here at Tennis Warehouse amongst some of our playtesters!

Andy will be blogging a bit on it and we will keep you up to date on the match ups.

You can check out the first blog and see the first round of match ups here: The TW Friday Doubles League (FDL)!

Enjoy! (And take it easy on us ;) )

Michelle, TW

mntlblok 05-09-2013 12:59 PM

Where?
 
So, where *is* Tennis Warehouse??

v-verb 05-09-2013 01:00 PM

Beautiful San Luis Obispo California. Near Cambria - which is my dream place to retire to.

mikeler 05-09-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v-verb (Post 7398572)
Beautiful San Luis Obispo California. Near Cambria - which is my dream place to retire to.

Hope you are loaded.

v-verb 05-09-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeler (Post 7398673)
Hope you are loaded.

nope - that's why I said it was my dream place. Loved it when I visited - just gorgeous and less pretentious than Carmel

tyu1314 05-09-2013 01:35 PM

My bet is on Andy/Spencer, are u guys going to film it down??

TW Staff 05-09-2013 02:04 PM

Yes, we are located in beautiful San Luis Obispo, CA - the happiest place in the USA! :)

As of now, no plans to film it. Although there may be some footage/points and pictures captured and uploaded onto facebook/the blog.

Michelle, TW

tennis tom 05-09-2013 08:54 PM

Are you playing on your inside court? Can TW customers and contributors here challenge if they have 1,775 posts or more? Do you get a free pair of shoes if you win?

Overdrive 05-09-2013 09:00 PM

This picture cracks me up.
 

maggmaster 05-10-2013 04:43 AM

Ah it would be cooler of you video the whole thing but either way this is a cool idea.

TW Staff 05-10-2013 07:20 AM

If you like that picture, just wait! ;) Our amazing photographer got some fun shots -- team and group shots, that will surely emerge as the league (and blog) progress!

Wish we could stream the matches for you guys, but really, who wants to see that?! :p Hopefully we get some good videos and points that we can upload and share though! We had some decent footage from a couple weeks ago uploaded (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200241433731296), so we will try and do something similar for the doubles league!

Ok, gotta go prepare for my match :p

Michelle, TW

precision2b 05-10-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7400610)
If you like that picture, just wait! ;) Our amazing photographer got some fun shots -- team and group shots, that will surely emerge as the league (and blog) progress!

Wish we could stream the matches for you guys, but really, who wants to see that?! :p Hopefully we get some good videos and points that we can upload and share though! We had some decent footage from a couple weeks ago uploaded (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200241433731296), so we will try and do something similar for the doubles league!

Ok, gotta go prepare for my match :p

Michelle, TW


Nice, this should be fun…

JRstriker12 05-10-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overdrive (Post 7399981)

That picture is classic. Would love to do that for my tennis team.

heninfan99 05-10-2013 11:18 AM

Will you stream this on Google+ ???
Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7398092)
After much request, we have organized a bit of a competitive doubles league here at Tennis Warehouse amongst some of our playtesters!

Andy will be blogging a bit on it and we will keep you up to date on the match ups.

You can check out the first blog and see the first round of match ups here: The TW Friday Doubles League (FDL)!

Enjoy! (And take it easy on us ;) )

Michelle, TW


TW Staff 05-14-2013 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heninfan99 (Post 7401663)
Will you stream this on Google+ ???

I'll talk to Jason!

Here's an update for you guys!

So far, only one match has been played, Team Blonde vs. Team Johnson & O’Leary (Michelle & Brittany vs. Andy & Spencer). The boys took the first match 8-5. Great points, lots of breaks, it was competitive and fun! Spencer and Andy played well.

This morning, the match that was postponed from last friday will be played between Team Leftovers (Mark & Troy) vs. Team Air Cooled (Chris & Gran).

I'll be sure to sneak down and watch a bit and let you guys know how it goes!

Again, the format is similar to a college tennis conference season. Every team plays once in "regular" season. Then the seeds are made and a tournament draw is done to finish up. Trust me when I say, Brittany and I are already looking for that re-match agains Johnson & O'Leary! ;)

Michelle, TW

TW Staff 05-14-2013 11:43 AM

And Team Air Cooled sent a message by winning their first match 8-0 against Team Leftovers! I went to go watch, and just as I was heading down there, Chris and Gran were on their way up with the win!

Michelle, TW

Overdrive 05-14-2013 12:15 PM

Team Leftovers got owned.. :neutral:

precision2b 05-15-2013 07:15 AM

No highlight footage??? :confused::confused::confused:

goober 05-15-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by precision2b (Post 7413001)
No highlight footage??? :confused::confused::confused:

Yeah this thread doesn't really work without video. I am not sure who is interested in the written results of an informal league other than the league participants themselves.

TW Staff 05-15-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by precision2b (Post 7413001)
No highlight footage??? :confused::confused::confused:

Jason has highlight footage from the match between Andy/Spencer & Britt and I...I will post it as soon as I get it from him!

I went to get footage of the other match up yesterday, and no joke, Chris and Gran walked off the court in under 45 mins (including warmup, and they spend a good 15 mins warming up usually!).

We will definitely post footage one way or another from this Friday's match ups...I PROMISE!

Michelle, TW


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse