Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   College Tennis Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Why Georgia will still win the 2013 national title? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=463114)

Dawgie Dawg 05-09-2013 04:18 PM

Why Georgia will still win the 2013 national title?

1. Dawg nation will be behind them

2. Losing KU will be a boost. The team will have a "won it for KU" attitude. In fact I may bring a sign that says that. The team will not win because KU was a bad influence like some posters here are insidiously suggesting. If he has left the team(which I will not 100% believe until I see it with my own two eyeballs) then it will be a moral encouragement for the team.

3. Wagland and Pasha are 2 of the top 10 players in the country and Wagland will be ready to lay it to people at #1.

4. Attitude. This team has never been nor will ever be scared of anyone.

5. Mental strength

6. Coach Diaz's scouting

7. The depth of the team.

8. ask yourself this. do you really trust Virginia come crunch time?

Kirijax 05-09-2013 04:34 PM

This has to be one of the best spin jobs ever. I'm impressed.

ClarkC 05-09-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawgie Dawg (Post 7399537)
If he has left the team(which I will not 100% believe until I see it with my own two eyeballs) ...

I don't believe that Joe Biden is Vice President, because not only have I not been to the VP's office and seen him at the desk with my own two eyes, but I have not even seen TV footage of him working at the office in Blair House.

Brilliant.

mikej 05-09-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

[blah blah blah]

sorry dorothy, you're not in the SEC anymore, this is big boy time - and you also don't get the ridiculous advantage of hosting this year like you do just about every other year, not that you get by teams like Pepperdine even when you do host lately...

SEC teams won't be much of a factor on the national stage, just like Indoors

The Wreck 05-09-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikej (Post 7399895)
sorry dorothy, you're not in the SEC anymore, this is big boy time - and you also don't get the ridiculous advantage of hosting this year like you do just about every other year, not that you get by teams like Pepperdine even when you do host lately...

SEC teams won't be much of a factor on the national stage, just like Indoors

Dude...

It was one of the closest college tennis matches I've ever watched, Pepperdine was a good team, and Georgia let it slip away. Let it goooo. It was a disappointment, but far from an embarrassment.

mikej 05-09-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wreck (Post 7399919)
Dude...

It was one of the closest college tennis matches I've ever watched, Pepperdine was a good team, and Georgia let it slip away. Let it goooo. It was a disappointment, but far from an embarrassment.

dude...

i'll stop giving your dumb fans a hard time when they stop making idiotic posts and pretending they're the best team around :)

The Wreck 05-09-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikej (Post 7399924)
dude...

i'll stop giving your dumb fans a hard time when they stop making idiotic posts and pretending they're the best team around :)

We just need a Dook troll now...

I know it's just too fun to ignore, but if no one responded to DD and fed the fire...IT WOULD STOP. But this is the internet, so I don't know what I'm thinking.

mikej 05-09-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Wreck (Post 7399982)
if no one responded to DD and fed the fire...IT WOULD STOP. But this is the internet, so I don't know what I'm thinking.

while a popular idea, i don't actually believe this is the case, even if i were mature / mentally strong enough to continually ignore him (and everyone else had that strength as well) - he doesn't have any success really as a troll around here in terms of getting under people's skin - most just think he's an idiot and make a mockery of his posts - yet back he comes

but i actually don't have a first author paper yet in the distinguished Journal of Troll Psychology - or even a mildly entertaining post online like this one: http://mashable.com/2013/02/10/internet-trolls/

jaggy 05-10-2013 04:29 AM

Would it be inappropriate for me to say I think Indiana could win it even though we didnt qualify?

kme5150 05-10-2013 04:49 AM

Feddie's twin brother from Georgia.

BHSC 05-10-2013 05:27 AM

Why Georgia will still win

Quote:

4. Attitude. This team has never been nor will ever be scared of anyone.

5. Mental strength

6. Coach Diaz's scouting

7. The depth of the team.

Just like all these attributes, especially (1), helped the Dawgs when they played the NCAAs in front of the home crowd in Athens last year.

Oh wait . . . .

ga tennis 05-10-2013 05:40 AM

Dawgie Dawg i think you might be right!!!!! If Austin will step up and play like he can then we got a chance. The SEC is and ALWAYS will be the best conference!!!!! Maybe one day another conference will be national champions in football but i doubt it.... I was upset when KU left but it was a blessing in disquise... LETS GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

mikej 05-10-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaggy (Post 7400348)
Would it be inappropriate for me to say I think Indiana could win it even though we didnt qualify?

no, same likelihood as UGA winning it so go for it

Nostradamus 05-10-2013 06:05 AM

Georgia really blew their chance away when they lost Singh. Georgia now likely to lose early

mikej 05-10-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ga tennis (Post 7400447)
Dawgie Dawg i think you might be right!!!!! If Austin will step up and play like he can then we got a chance. The SEC is and ALWAYS will be the best conference!!!!! Maybe one day another conference will be national champions in football but i doubt it.... I was upset when KU left but it was a blessing in disquise... LETS GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

not that this is a football forum, but UGA has one national title in football since the 1940s (in 1980) and zero since i've been alive

let's not pretend they're part of the Bama / UF / LSU / Auburn and even Tennessee contributions to SEC national title dominance in recent years...BYU has a more recent football national title than UGA :)

ga tennis 05-10-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikej (Post 7400495)
no, same likelihood as UGA winning it so go for it

Mike your Blue Devils looked like they were world beaters on paper when the season started and then they did what all ACC teams do when it matters crumble!!! Lets keep it fun i joke around with my sister the same way she was a Duke graduate and my brother graduated from Wake. Honestly if my daughter decides to play college tennis i want her to play for DUKE!!!!

mikej 05-10-2013 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ga tennis (Post 7400553)
Mike your Blue Devils looked like they were world beaters on paper when the season started and then they did what all ACC teams do when it matters crumble!!! Lets keep it fun i joke around with my sister the same way she was a Duke graduate and my brother graduated from Wake. Honestly if my daughter decides to play college tennis i want her to play for DUKE!!!!

can she play for them in NCAAs this year - they could use a few healthy people who actually play tennis

mikej 05-10-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ga tennis (Post 7400553)

we haven't gotten to the point in the season when it matters yet...

in the only other national tourney so far that sorta matters they got as far as UGA and lost to an undefeated team, so, not crumbling in my book, we'll see how the second national tourney goes

ga tennis 05-10-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikej (Post 7400565)
we haven't gotten to the point in the season when it matters yet...

in the only other national tourney so far that sorta matters they got as far as UGA and lost to an undefeated team, so, not crumbling in my book, we'll see how the second national tourney goes

Honestly i thought you guys had the best team when the season started it might be a good thing that they have dealt with adversity early in the season. I think if your guys are playing up to their potential they could win it all.

mikej 05-10-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ga tennis (Post 7400657)
Honestly i thought you guys had the best team when the season started it might be a good thing that they have dealt with adversity early in the season. I think if your guys are playing up to their potential they could win it all.

They'll definitely be underdogs at a couple of the 2-4 spots against the top teams, so need some dubs pts from quarters on for sure, if they get there and don't have any more silly losses