Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Best Men's Multivitamin? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=463264)

Kahlz 05-11-2013 08:14 AM

Best Men's Multivitamin?

I am looking for some help with picking a good multivitamin. After doing some research and sorting through the thousands of options, it seems like many people like Orange Triad and Life Force Multiple. What do you all think?

ollinger 05-11-2013 08:41 AM

Buy for price. Things like Orange Triad are a complete ripoff -- if you look at the ingredients you'll see it contains fewer nutrients than most multis, , but with some glucosamine and MSM thrown in.

XFactorer 05-11-2013 09:47 AM

I think you should get your vitamins from your diet, not from a pill. And you should consult your doctor. That's what I think.

charliefedererer 05-11-2013 11:03 AM

I agree with Ollinger.

Most get enough vitamins in their diet.

But if you are concerned you about not having enough variety of food in your diet, a "generic" multivitamin from any of the the big chain pharmacies will likely provide 100% of all the vitamins you would need.

charliefedererer 05-11-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XFactorer (Post 7403999)
I think you should get your vitamins from your diet, not from a pill. And you should consult your doctor. That's what I think.

I think your advice overall is good.

But sadly, some doctors are now "pushing" a vitamin brand in their office to "increase revenue".

I was shocked to see a large screen TV in the office of my brother's doctor promoting a vitamin brand "only available from your doctor."

T1000 05-11-2013 11:08 AM

Orange Triad is a good multi. It has enough nutrients plus other benefits (immune, digestive, joint protection). Animal Pak, Univite, and Anavite are other good multis. I use Orange Triad personally since it's more than just a multi and love it.

Le Master 05-11-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T1000 (Post 7404243)
Orange Triad is a good multi. It has enough nutrients plus other benefits (immune, digestive, joint protection). Animal Pak, Univite, and Anavite are other good multis. I use Orange Triad personally since it's more than just a multi and love it.

Yeah, Orange Triad is a wonderful multi. I took it for about a year. I workout hard and heavy and also play tennis hard, and it was good for my joints and health.

I switched to Anavite last October because I was attracted to the vitamin forms used in it and the beta-alanine. I take that along with Animal Flex every day so I continue to have the joint support.

But Orange Triad always has great deals on bodybuilding.com, so you get a lot for your money.

sureshs 05-11-2013 01:15 PM

What is the opinion about Andrew Lessman's vitamins?

mikeler 05-11-2013 04:20 PM

Any recommendations on good monovitamins? I hate multis with anything in life. :)

colowhisper 05-13-2013 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T1000 (Post 7404243)

I took Orange Triad for a few months and had several strange side effects. One of them was elevated blood pressure. I stopped taking it, but miss the joint compound.

Le Master 05-13-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pbarrow (Post 7408031)
I took Orange Triad for a few months and had several strange side effects. One of them was elevated blood pressure. I stopped taking it, but miss the joint compound.

I find it very hard to believe a doctor would claim a multi like that was the cause of your elevated blood pressure.

PCXL-Fan 05-13-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pbarrow (Post 7408031)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Master (Post 7408229)
I find it very hard to believe a doctor would claim a multi like that was the cause of your elevated blood pressure.

Well maybe the combination of diet + vitamin = he's overdosing in his daily requirement of certain vitamin(s).

I've had odd negative side effects from serveral different brands of multivitamins that i've never experienced from countless isolated individual vitamins regardless of brand. Its kind of frustrating, I would need to experiment to see which vitamin(s) was causing the negative side effects, but i just don't have the patience to experiment with 25 vitamins.

Povl Carstensen 05-13-2013 12:11 PM

I once had a buzzing/tingling sensation in my hands/arms. My doctor could find nothing wrong. But it disappeared when I lowered my intake of vitamins. Now I only take a multi or some c-vitamin on and off.

HIGHER_PRIMATE 05-13-2013 05:51 PM

Multivitamins do not work as well as supplements do. All you should do if you want to supplement, is take 5 fish oil caplets a day, Zinc (body uses zinc in activity, most athletes are zinc deprived after an hour of play), magnesium and calcium for bone strength, and I take 400 mg of riboflavin for a migraine problem I had. These are what I take, but no more than 2 weeks strait followed by an off week.

colowhisper 05-13-2013 08:11 PM

This the direction I went too. I take fish oil almost daily. I also found that magnesium on heavy weight work out days seems to help my muscles recover quicker when I take it at night.

Brian72 05-15-2013 11:25 PM

Megafoods hands down is the best multi on the market. It's expensive, but truly is the best. In order for your body to really absorb nutrition from food for example all the co-factors and enzymes need to be present. That's why food is the best way to get your nutrition and vitamins. Megafood uses actually food to get you the vitamins with the co-factors and enzymes present. Allowing your body to get the nutrition the way nature intended.

r2473 05-16-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian72 (Post 7415380)
Megafoods hands down is the best multi on the market. It's expensive, but truly is the best. In order for your body to really absorb nutrition from food for example all the co-factors and enzymes need to be present. That's why food is the best way to get your nutrition and vitamins. Megafood uses actually food to get you the vitamins with the co-factors and enzymes present. Allowing your body to get the nutrition the way nature intended.

Did Paleo Man eat Megafood?

Power Player 05-16-2013 11:08 AM

LOL...look at the top of this link. It's a massive SEO scam site experiencing errors. I'm loving the visible keywords they chose.

http://www.megafood.com/mens-health

PCXL-Fan 05-16-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r2473 (Post 7417599)
Did Paleo Man eat Megafood?

Could Paleomans trademark words like
Slo-Food Process™
http://www.megafood.com/slo-food-process
FoodState Nutrients™
http://www.megafood.com/our-foodstate-nutrients
?

leksukon 05-16-2013 05:39 PM

i bought these multi-vit. packets online , they're called dr.whitaker, it like 5 vit. capsules, cinimon, and a fishoil gel.. seems like since i started takinh them the pain i used to get in my hips and back are significantly lower, almost gone.. and i only take about 3 packets a week because i the rest of the time i waanna get vitamins from eating fruit and veg. the box said to take 2 packets A DAY, which i thought sounded ridiculous and assumed they were simply trying to get their customers to buy more of the product..

the pain reduction could be from other factors such as simply being in better shape, but it seems i felt better as soon as i started taking them..