Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   College Tennis Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Coaching changes (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=463530)

kme5150 05-14-2013 08:16 AM

Coaching changes

I figured I would start a generic thread since there will probably be quite a few this year.

Razorbacks Tennis Coach Robert Cox Steps Down

http://www.sportinglifearkansas.com/...ox-steps-down/

Cox will assume a position within the athletic departmentís administration working with the facilities and event management divisions.

JLyon 05-14-2013 08:22 AM

can not say I am surprised by the move, it is a good job for someone rising up the ranks, maybe an assistant at another SEC school? or Big 12.

kme5150 05-14-2013 08:39 AM

I agree.

My guess is that they are going to give it to Rincon. He has a good relationship in the community and he already runs the tennis camps.

You never know they might give Matt Roberts a shot at it. He's a Razorback through and through.

JLyon 05-14-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kme5150 (Post 7410745)
I agree.

My guess is that they are going to give it to Rincon. He has a good relationship in the community and he already runs the tennis camps.

You never know they might give Matt Roberts a shot at it. He's a Razorback through and through.

Keeping it in the family is ok, but what they need is to bring in an excellent recruiter to bring in some players. The team competes well but you can only win so much when the talent discrepancy is so big between 2 teams.
Will be interesting to follow and see who Long Hires

Kirijax 05-14-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kme5150 (Post 7410745)
I agree.

It would be great to see Rincon get a chance. Maybe we'll get some Miami-Arkansas brother vs brother match ups.

mackimac 05-14-2013 11:28 AM

Do not see how Rincon will stay they have won 1 SEC match in 3 years. Will have some strong applicants apply for sure. Arkansas has facilities and budget to be a very good team.

Clemson_tennis 05-14-2013 02:53 PM

Going in house would be a very lazy hire. Rincon hasn't shown anything to indicate he would be a good head coach.

Kirijax 05-14-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clemson_tennis (Post 7411696)
Going in house would be a very lazy hire. Rincon hasn't shown anything to indicate he would be a good head coach.

How often does that happen in college tennis anyway? Doesn't seem to be very often. The head coach leaves usually means an entirely new staff from top to bottom.

goldy0084 05-14-2013 04:01 PM

Happens very infrequently, mainly in programs that aren't showing a lot of results. The in-house hires are usually not surprises..ie. sachire taking over for bayliss. I would say there is a 0.0% chance he gets the job...and I know you love Miami..and i know Mario is a good dude.. and I totally understand the pitfalls of recruiting to a private school with decent admission standards and 52k price tag. But, he aint getting it done there. People will come out of the woodwork for this one though. SEC jobs are usually starting at 100k, budget is basically spend what you want, and Arkansas has a great facility. Somebody who can bring in good foreign kids and maybe one or two Americanos has a nice shot of cracking back in the top 25 there.

Kirijax 05-14-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldy0084 (Post 7411808)
Happens very infrequently, mainly in programs that aren't showing a lot of results. The in-house hires are usually not surprises..ie. sachire taking over for bayliss. I would say there is a 0.0% chance he gets the job...and I know you love Miami..and i know Mario is a good dude.. and I totally understand the pitfalls of recruiting to a private school with decent admission standards and 52k price tag. But, he aint getting it done there. People will come out of the woodwork for this one though. SEC jobs are usually starting at 100k, budget is basically spend what you want, and Arkansas has a great facility. Somebody who can bring in good foreign kids and maybe one or two Americanos has a nice shot of cracking back in the top 25 there.

Mario is the Miami coach and Eduardo Rincon is his brother and the assistant at Arkansas. Hate to say it, but Mario's seat may be getting a bit hot right now too.

goldy0084 05-14-2013 05:01 PM

Hah yes i know that bud. I was saying that eduardo had no shot and also making a general comment on mario's performance..in reference to your comment about them potentially coaching against one another

Kirijax 05-14-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldy0084 (Post 7411917)
Hah yes i know that bud. I was saying that eduardo had no shot and also making a general comment on mario's performance..in reference to your comment about them potentially coaching against one another

OK, bud. Your post was just a bit confusing I guess. It's be nice to see but probably won't happen any time soon.