Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   College Tennis Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Final Four (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=463800)

ga tennis 05-17-2013 05:33 AM

Final Four

Georgia will roll over Pepperdine and Virginia SHOULD destroy the Vols. I think Ohio State will beat USC( even tho the trojans have a MUCH better coach) The one that i would love to get to watch is the Bruins vs the BLUE DEVILS!! Mike im pulling for your boys!!!! In the final 4 its gonna be interesting to see if Virginia can step up against my Bulldawgs???? I honestly think Virginia is the best team in the country but can they go out there and beat a young depleted Bulldawg squad that has really overachieved this year. If Manny pulls that one off he will go down as the GREATEST college coach ever in my book!!!!!!!! If GA takes the doubles the Cavs will be in SERIOUS trouble.

tennis7777777 05-17-2013 05:53 AM

HAHAHA, Georgia will be lucky to beat Pepperdine, a team they lost to last year on their home courts with every advantage possible, so maybe Steinberg is the greatest coach of all time. I'm taking Pepperdine 4-2 but seriously if Georgia does happen to win they will lose 4-0 to Virginia in about 2.5 hours

bluetrain4 05-17-2013 06:30 AM

I think Georgia-Pepperdine will be close, and Pepp might just pull it out.

OSU-USC -- I think USC's closer-than-expected win vs. Baylor will wake them up. Seriously, they've sort of underperformed this year with their lineup. I say they beat OSU 4-2 or 4-3, and then give UCLA a good match.

UCLA-Duke -- Duke is dangerous. I predict a great match, with a chance of a 4-3 Duke upset. But, I'm going with UCLA.

UVA-TN -- No drama, UVA wins.

I'm picking UVA for the title (I know, how bold), though believe that UCLA could pull the "upset" (can a No. 1 beating a No. 2 be a true upset?)

Duke really is an interesting team. They sort of didn't live up to expectations during the regular season. Seems their range of play is wider than most other top teams. So, I can see them beating UCLA (though I'm not predicting it), but then losing to USC or OSU. If by chance they made it to the championship, it would be very interesting vs. UVA. They lost a close match during the regular season (after being beat by UVA at the Indoors), and aren't going to be intimidated by their fellow ACC member. Of course, I'd still pick UVA, but I think it would be very competitive.

jaggy 05-17-2013 07:14 AM

Sounds like some close QFs I am looking forward to it

B1G Tennis 05-17-2013 07:15 AM

Just my hunches:

Georgia 4, Pepperdine 2
Doubles Point to Georgia
Fanselow in 2
Pasha in 3 (Clincher)
Tearney in 2
#4 is unfinished (Alcantara would win out in 3)
Brasseaux in 2
Nunez in 2

Virginia 4, Tennessee 1
Virginia takes doubles point
Libietis in 2
Domijan in 2
Frank in 2 (Clincher)
#4 is unfinished (Styslinger would win in 3)
#5 is unfinished (Shane would win in 2)
Uriguen in 2

OSU 4, USC 2
Ohio State takes doubles point
Rola in 2
Kobelt in 2
Hanfmann in 3
Quiroz in 3
#5 is unfinished (Diaz would win in 3)
Callahan in 3 (Clincher)

UCLA 4, Duke 1
UCLA wins the doubles point
Cunha in 2
Giron in 2
Puget in 2
#4 is unfinished (Mkrtchian would win in 3)
#5 is unfinished (Thompson would win in 3)
Sell in 3 (Clincher)

Towerofpower205 05-17-2013 07:35 AM

I don't have faith brasseaux can win. That's why I'll say pepperdine

ga tennis 05-17-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Towerofpower205 (Post 7420503)
I don't have faith brasseaux can win. That's why I'll say pepperdine

I have NO faith in Austin. If he was at 4or5 maybe but not at 3.

Clemson_tennis 05-17-2013 08:14 AM

In what world is Georgia going to roll over Pepperdine? Pepperdine is probably the favorite. Georgia will need to take doubles because Pepperdine is a decent favorite at 1-3.

ga tennis 05-17-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clemson_tennis (Post 7420647)
In what world is Georgia going to roll over Pepperdine? Pepperdine is probably the favorite. Georgia will need to take doubles because Pepperdine is a decent favorite at 1-3.

IN BULLDAWG NATION!!!!!!