Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   French Open - WTA - 2013 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=463999)

Love Game 05-19-2013 09:03 AM

French Open - WTA - 2013
 

FRENCH OPEN - WTA - Roland Garros - 2013
Date: May 26th to June 9th
Edition: 112th
Category: Grand Slam (ITF)
Draw Size: Singles 128; Doubles 64
Surface: Clay / terre battue
Location: Paris, France


MAIN DRAW
The draw will be online Friday, May 24

SEEDS


WILDCARDS


OFFICIAL WEBSITE
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/sc.../ws/index.html


Love Game 05-19-2013 09:13 AM

Virginie Razzano is a W/C and Serena Williams is No. 1 Seed
wow
What a difference a year makes! :)


romeo8880 05-19-2013 09:14 AM

Serena is the only choice here.

Ico 05-19-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeo8880 (Post 7427816)
Serena is the only choice here.

She's either going to win or explode mentally. No one's game is good enough to beat her's.

NadalAgassi 05-19-2013 09:17 AM

Serena will either win or crash out early. The thing is if she reaches the quarters the event is over. I think she wants this badly, and in theory nobody can stop her, but I hope she doesnt put too much pressure on herself as I think that has been her problem in many recent years.

cc0509 05-19-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NadalAgassi (Post 7427824)
Serena will either win or crash out early. The thing is if she reaches the quarters the event is over. I think she wants this badly, and in theory nobody can stop her, but I hope she doesnt put too much pressure on herself as I think that has been her problem in many recent years.

Yes, it could go either way for her at the FO--i.e. crash out early or if she makes the later rounds, the title is hers most likely. I thought she would win the FO last year and boy was I wrong.

cc0509 05-19-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeo8880 (Post 7427816)
Serena is the only choice here.

Yes, but she was the only choice last year and she lost early so you never know for sure. Obviously she is the favorite.

boredone3456 05-19-2013 09:33 AM

Based on recent history at the event....Maria.
Based on recent clay form.... Serena.

If Serena can break the "not past the quarters in a decade" slump she could win the thing. But of the last 4 times she has played she's been out twice before the 2nd week. Maybe her recent red clay wins will spur her...or maybe she will bomb out again. Neither would surprise me in the least.

I ended up voting for Maria mainly because of all the top 4 seeds she is the only one to have made multiple SFs here in recent years...in fact the only one to get that far at all. Unless she is legitimately sick (which I doubt) I don't see Maria bombing out so it will be up to Serena to get to her. I just don't feel confident she will.

Love Game 05-19-2013 09:38 AM



2013 French Open – Women's Singles Qualifying SEEDS





Love Game 05-19-2013 09:39 AM

* Saved for Women's Singles MAIN DRAW *

The draw will be online Friday, May 24.

Soianka 05-19-2013 09:45 AM

Hopefully one of the young new players will go on a run.

Soianka 05-19-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love Game (Post 7427895)
* Saved for Women's Singles MAIN DRAW *

The draw will be online Friday, May 24.


Wonder whose half of the main draw Azarenka will be in.

Will Maria get another patty cake draw?

Love Game 05-19-2013 09:47 AM

Maria ... Maria ... She got there early, w/b going all out ...
hate the way she sounds ... wonder how the Frenchies feel about her?


Love Game 05-19-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soianka (Post 7427923)
Wonder whose half of the main draw Azarenka will be in.

Will Maria get another patty cake draw?

yes. THAT is the question, non? ;)

sorry, I misunderstood your post before.

K so ... doesn't the third seed have to be in the top half along with the first seed?

Love Game 05-19-2013 10:07 AM



Gotta say a kind word for Maid Marion ...
hope she does well this year ... Allez, Marion! :)

hugobosstachini 05-19-2013 11:09 AM

Hard to predict, it all depends on the draw.

Serena hasn't made the F of Roland Garros in ages so I'm not so sure what reaction, emotions she'll develop if ever ever she reaches there... this could turn out to be like a Safina Kuznetsova encounter in 2010.

Sharapova hasn't defended a single major in her career and the sole fact she bailed out against Errani in Rome where she was the double-defending champion is a bad indication about her chances in this slam.

Personally, I'll go with Stosur. Has already defeated Serena in Roland Garros and in majors overall, has already made the F in RG, her game is tailor made for the surface with all her spins and she seems to have found her level of play (forehand) again in Rome.

Upsets will be, Kvitova (2nd round), Li Na (2nd round), Radwanska (3rd or 4th round) and Wozniacki (1st round)... and hopefully my bb Victoria reaches the SF, that'd be a reasonable achievement for her. Errani as for her, I predict a 4th round or QF showing at max.

THUNDERVOLLEY 05-19-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love Game (Post 7427944)
yes. THAT is the question, non? ;)
there w/b nowhere to run, nowhere to hide
only thing we know for sure is she won't be in Serena's half.
Is there anybody else she's afraid of? :twisted:

She does not seem to find Azarenka all too pleasing.

bullfan 05-19-2013 11:22 AM

It will be complete domination by Serena.

insideguy 05-19-2013 11:23 AM

Serena is the favorite. But she has been the favorite before in many tournaments. She has great form going in RG last year and crapped out. She lost to Stosur in the finals of the US open two years ago.. She has lost many times in grand slams and honestly she has has been the favorite for everyone in 5 to 7 years. She can be beaten. One injury can totally derail her ala the aussie open.

bullfan 05-19-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hugobosstachini (Post 7428192)
Hard to predict, it all depends on the draw.

Serena hasn't made the F of Roland Garros in ages so I'm not so sure what reaction, emotions she'll develop if ever ever she reaches there... this could turn out to be like a Safina Kuznetsova encounter in 2010.

Sharapova hasn't defended a single major in her career and the sole fact she bailed out against Errani in Rome where she was the double-defending champion is a bad indication about her chances in this slam.

Personally, I'll go with Stosur. Has already defeated Serena in Roland Garros and in majors overall, has already made the F in RG, her game is tailor made for the surface with all her spins and she seems to have found her level of play (forehand) again in Rome.

Upsets will be, Kvitova (2nd round), Li Na (2nd round), Radwanska (3rd or 4th round) and Wozniacki (1st round)... and hopefully my bb Victoria reaches the SF, that'd be a reasonable achievement for her. Errani as for her, I predict a 4th round or QF showing at max.

I'd like to see LiNa get to the finals.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse