Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   impatient waiting for some slick color Asic GR5 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=465512)

ZnGuy 06-03-2013 06:51 PM

impatient waiting for some slick color Asic GR5

I have played with a few pairs of Asics GR3s and love them. I need to buy a couple pairs of shoes and tried the GR4s but they were too narrow. My understanding is the GR5 is wider than the GR4. I really am hooked on Asics as the 3s were the best pair I have worn in years. I do not like the colors of the current 4s. My feet are wide and I tend to buy tennis gear that have nice color patterns. I believe there will be new colors on GR5 this Summer but not sure I can wait. Anyone know how the Yonex 254D shoes match up width wise the the GR3 or GR5s?

rolliges 06-06-2013 06:02 PM

I have very wide feet (E-EE) and Asics GR5s fit just fine. Yonex fit well too.

I'm also waiting for newer colors. A few are available as of today or yesterday. Really want the blue that are currently available in Europe.

ZnGuy 06-06-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolliges (Post 7481285)
I have very wide feet (E-EE) and Asics GR5s fit just fine. Yonex fit well too.

I'm also waiting for newer colors. A few are available as of today or yesterday. Really want the blue that are currently available in Europe.

Good to hear about GR5s coming w/new colors. Which Yonex have you been wearing?

corners 02-12-2014 08:13 AM

Impressions of Yonex 254D?

Anybody wearing these? What are they like?

Rennokas 04-30-2014 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZnGuy (Post 7470643)
I have played with a few pairs of Asics GR3s and love them. I need to buy a couple pairs of shoes and tried the GR4s but they were too narrow. My understanding is the GR5 is wider than the GR4. I really am hooked on Asics as the 3s were the best pair I have worn in years. I do not like the colors of the current 4s. My feet are wide and I tend to buy tennis gear that have nice color patterns. I believe there will be new colors on GR5 this Summer but not sure I can wait. Anyone know how the Yonex 254D shoes match up width wise the the GR3 or GR5s?

Can anyone tell me is the Yonex 254D fits similar to Asics GR5 (I have EU 42 /US 10 size GR5) ? I have GR5 but would like something which is lighter, lower to ground and with tiny bit lower arch support. Does 254D fit to "very" hardcourt play ?

Is 254D the shoe I have been looking for?

ZnGuy 04-30-2014 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rennokas (Post 8334691)
Can anyone tell me is the Yonex 254D fits similar to Asics GR5 (I have EU 42 /US 10 size GR5) ? I have GR5 but would like something which is lighter, lower to ground and with tiny bit lower arch support. Does 254D fit to "very" hardcourt play ?

Is 254D the shoe I have been looking for?

Not sure how helpful this is but I bought the Yonex 254D (I have clay court version) and Babolat SFX. The Babolat is very comfortable and has good width. I find the Yonex slightly narrower, around the arch area. I do wear the Yonex one out of 10 times I play with the thought it will eventually get more comfortable. My next shoe will probably be Babolat SFX.