Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How emotionally involved are you with your favourite players? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=467028)

Jeffrey573639 06-16-2013 11:38 PM

How emotionally involved are you with your favourite players?

It's all their in the title. Vote in the poll :)

adil1972 06-16-2013 11:39 PM

where is the damn poll

LOL

tusharlovesrafa 06-16-2013 11:40 PM

yes,where is the damn poll?

beast of mallorca 06-16-2013 11:42 PM

Give us that damn poll !! Damn poll !! Now ! now ! :twisted:

Jeffrey573639 06-16-2013 11:42 PM

Sorry took me a while to make choices :)

Tennis_Hands 06-17-2013 12:23 AM

The poll options are severely lacking.

Where are the following?

- I know everything about his GF, his family, his Tio
- I know what car he drives, the brand underwear that he wears, the biscuits that he eats and his preferences of the temperature of the plates, when he cooks
- I know what his moral values are and take them as my life credo.
- I don't doubt his words and every Press conference, that he gives, is for me like the words of God
- I have started watching tennis in 2005. Nuff said!

Without this options the outcome of the poll is clear. Federer in 3.

Purplemonster 06-17-2013 12:48 AM

I think it's quite sad if people become emotionally attached to a tennis player or any other individual sportsman. They couldn't care less about anyone but themselves. At the end of it all they are in it to make money, win or lose none of that is coming your way, so why get upset or feel elated if a player loses or wins, just watch the sport and enjoy the contest between two players.

Being emotional/passionate about a sporting club is a totally different matter, that is perfectly understable, it's a collective effort. Players, coach, club staff, fans etc

Apun94 06-17-2013 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purplemonster (Post 7512201)
I think it's quite sad if people become emotionally attached to a tennis player or any other individual sportsman. They couldn't care less about anyone but themselves. At the end of it all they are in it to make money, win or lose none of that is coming your way, so why get upset or feel elated if a player loses or wins, just watch the sport and enjoy the contest between two players.

Being emotional/passionate about a sporting club is a totally different matter, that is perfectly understable, it's a collective effort. Players, coach, club staff, fans etc

Wait, how is being emotional about individual tennis players different to getting emotional about teams. Same thing. Clubs also couldnt care less about you. They are just here for the money and the success.

decrepitude 06-17-2013 02:45 AM

I've followed tennis for over 50 years and have usually had favourites I followed, but I have to admit I have never followed anybody as closely as Andy Murray. I think it's because he came on the tour in 2005 which was just when I got broadband, and could follow tennis all the year round. (tennis magazines were all very well but weeks, sometimes months, after the fact).

So I have watched him (at first on PAYG internet!) ever since he was a junior and feel I know him better than I know some of my relatives.