Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Other Equipment (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Need help with Tennis Tutor Replacement Part (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=467086)

prayingd 06-17-2013 03:42 PM

Need help with Tennis Tutor Replacement Part

I have a 12 year old Tennis Tutor Ball Machine that still works very well, although it has gone through several batteries & many cleanings. However, the balls now jam regularly because 2 of the "spring (arm?) thingies" that help control the ball feed are rusty and bent. Is there a replacement part, or a suitable substitute part I can use?

IMHO - this machine should be in the "Ball Machine Hall of Fame".:)

Thanks for any help.

2ndServe 06-17-2013 08:23 PM

best if you have a pic to show us or call tennis tutor. They are very helpful.

jonestim 06-17-2013 11:29 PM

Call them. They usually ship the part the next day free of charge. I have called for a couple things and have been amazed by their customer service. Their reply: "it's just something we do."

atomicx 06-19-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prayingd (Post 7513415)
I have a 12 year old Tennis Tutor Ball Machine that still works very well, although it has gone through several batteries & many cleanings. However, the balls now jam regularly because 2 of the "spring (arm?) thingies" that help control the ball feed are rusty and bent. Is there a replacement part, or a suitable substitute part I can use?

IMHO - this machine should be in the "Ball Machine Hall of Fame".:)

Thanks for any help.

Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you, however I do have a question. What kind of life do you get from your batteries? I mean actual life of the battery itself, and not running time. I ask because I have had one of these machines for 3 years now and I have had to replace the battery every year. I only use the machine late spring through early fall (once or twice a week), yet when I go to use the machine in the spring the following year I find that the battery will not keep a charge anymore. Have you had better results with your batteries?

prayingd 06-19-2013 07:32 PM

Battery life...

My battery typically lasts 3 years before replacement. I use it my machine about the same as you, but I re-charge the battery 2-3 times monthly in the winter. Perhaps this helps it to last longer?

2ndServe 06-20-2013 10:32 PM

you can't let batteries drain all the way down. They'll lose charge gradually even without use. It's why you can't leave your car over the winter and expect it to start 5 months later. Once it drop below a certain point it's really bad for the battery.

atomicx 06-21-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prayingd (Post 7518338)
My battery typically lasts 3 years before replacement. I use it my machine about the same as you, but I re-charge the battery 2-3 times monthly in the winter. Perhaps this helps it to last longer?

So you leave the charger unplugged from the machine except for re-charging approximately once a week? I will try your method for this winter and hopefully will get better results. What I had been doing was just leaving the charger plugged into the machine through the winter except for once a month or so when I would run it for a couple hours just to take the battery down some. Then I would plug the charger back in.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it!