Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Your Fastest Stringing Times (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=467146)

max pl 06-18-2013 06:55 AM

Your Fastest Stringing Times
 
I've heard comments of the pro stringers stringing in 10 or 12 minutes so I want to hear how fast us amateurs string.

I started off 2 or 3 years ago, stringing at 45-50 minutes, mainly poly.

This past week I counted my string time and am down to 28-30 minutes for poly. Takes me 8 minutes to string the mains and preweave the first cross before finishing the outer mains, with the remainder of the time on the crosses. On an electronic stringer btw.

What are your times on average, and give the string youre using and machine type.

Also, how the F do pros actually string at 10 minutes given I actually string my mains very fast and only manage 8 minutes? That claim seems unbelievable to me.

cluckcluck 06-18-2013 07:17 AM

Fastest time I've ever done a full bed of poly, 22 minutes. On a stringway.

Though I average 30.

Irvin 06-18-2013 07:59 AM

In 4 minutes I can string a racket, because it takes me about 4 minutes to remove the strings, check the frame, and get it mounted. But I can't string a racket in 4 minutes.

EDIT: What time is considered when stringing a racket? Check frame, check grommets, check pattern, determine reason for stringing (why the strings broke,) remove string, clean frame, mount frame, determine pattern, set tension, uncoil string, cut string, etc...

MAX PLY 06-18-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvin (Post 7514736)
In 4 minutes I can string a racket, because it takes me about 4 minutes to remove the strings, check the frame, and get it mounted. But I can't string a racket in 4 minutes.

EDIT: What time is considered when stringing a racket? Check frame, check grommets, check pattern, determine reason for stringing (why the strings broke,) remove string, clean frame, mount frame, determine pattern, set tension, uncoil string, cut string, etc...

Best reason for the "search" function I have seen so far.

Irvin 06-18-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAX PLY (Post 7514915)
Best reason for the "search" function I have seen so far.

LOL Your post or mine?

EDIT: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/searc...rchid=15132807

MAX PLY 06-18-2013 10:20 AM

^^^Yours, I laughed like crazy before but not sure I can suffer through again.

max pl 06-18-2013 10:26 AM

ok so i guess this topics been covered before. lol.

i just read through one of the longer, older thread and i guess i forgot one thing.

its important to note if youre stringing one or two piece. haha. that'll obviously make a difference in time.

Irvin 06-18-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max pl (Post 7515055)
ok so i guess this topics been covered before. lol.

i just read through one of the longer, older thread and i guess i forgot one thing.

its important to note if youre stringing one or two piece. haha. that'll obviously make a difference in time.

Here is the issue I have with how fast you can string. You see Grand Slam stringers stringer stringing a racket in 15 minutes and think if you were as fast as them you could string on the pro circuit. There a lot of fast stringers, there are many good stringers, and there are a few good fast stringers.

max pl 06-18-2013 10:54 AM

yeh in the end, i'm not concerned if a racquet takes me 30 minutes vs 15 or 20 minutes as long as i do a good job.

the difference in time, unless you do it as a job and have a ton of frames to string, is not a lot.

Irvin 06-18-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max pl (Post 7515111)
yeh in the end, i'm not concerned if a racquet takes me 30 minutes vs 15 or 20 minutes as long as i do a good job...

Exactly, but if time does not matter what difference does it make how fast you are?

zapvor 06-18-2013 07:06 PM

lets see.....last time i clocked myself it came at 12:40. my hands were shaking because it was being filmed. i am pretty sure i can do a sub 12min with a easy string.

today i did 12 frames in 3.5hrs

mains take about 4min and change depending. the key to cutting time is weaving. if you are spending over 5-6min on mains you dont string enough

zapvor 06-20-2013 06:20 PM

update: decided to test out my skills today.

radical OS. fxp power. 55lbs. star 5.

in 10min 50sec!

so i think i can shave about 15 seconds or so from a few mistakes i made. i find it tougher actually when i race against the clock because of teh pressure. the other one i did just normal not timed and it came out to about 11:40 so its not like i am that much faster. i dont think i can do a sub 10min. at least not until i get more practice. maybe in 2000 jobs more.

bt johnson 06-20-2013 06:34 PM

7 min 4 seconds

Andyroo10567 06-20-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irvin (Post 7515128)
Exactly, but if time does not matter what difference does it make how fast you are?

For a steady flow through if you have a stockpile of racquets to finish. Do you want to do 12 racquets given 1 hour per piece? I think not.

zapvor 06-20-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bt johnson (Post 7520498)
7 min 4 seconds

now that is FAST

zapvor 06-20-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyroo10567 (Post 7520538)
For a steady flow through if you have a stockpile of racquets to finish. Do you want to do 12 racquets given 1 hour per piece? I think not.

lol that would take 12hrs..........

Andyroo10567 06-20-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapvor (Post 7520542)
lol that would take 12hrs..........

Really? I didnt know that ! LOL :)

Arthuro 06-20-2013 09:20 PM

Fastest time ever in college was 17 seconds on a 16x19 pattern. I avg about 30 minutes on 16x19 and 33 minutes on a 18x20 pattern.

S&V Specialist 06-20-2013 09:43 PM

My fastest was sub-6 minutes on a badminton racquet ;)
Tennis-wise my fastest was 8:52 on a POG mid using my Alpha Ghost.

S&V Specialist 06-20-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bt johnson (Post 7520498)
7 min 4 seconds

That's insane! What machine and racquet? Do you have a video?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse