Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   NBA 2013-2014 Discussion, keep it classy (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=467429)

Say Chi Sin Lo 06-20-2013 08:24 PM

NBA 2013-2014 Discussion, keep it classy

Will we see a Finals rematch?

How will the Bulls do since they'll have a "healthy" Derrick Rose with a full training camp?

What will happen to D-Wade's knees?

Will Kobe be Kobe coming back with a torn achilles?

Will the Celtics reload with key pieces to give them old guys one last shot before rebuilding around Rajon Rondo? Also, how will Rondo do coming back from ACL surgery?

Who's going to be the team that NO ONE wants to play in the Playoffs? (as with the case with the Nuggets and Warriors)

LASTLY, get out if you're going to fill this thread with Dwight Howard's nonsense.

r2473 06-20-2013 08:26 PM

Utah Jazz will win the title next year.

Remember, you heard it here first

tennisplayer1993 06-20-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo (Post 7520676)
Will we see a Finals rematch?

How will the Bulls do since they'll have a "healthy" Derrick Rose with a full training camp?

What will happen to D-Wade's knees?

Will Kobe be Kobe coming back with a torn achilles?

Will the Celtics reload with key pieces to give them old guys one last shot before rebuilding around Rajon Rondo? Also, how will Rondo do coming back from ACL surgery?

Who's going to be the team that NO ONE wants to play in the Playoffs? (as with the case with the Nuggets and Warriors)

LASTLY, get out if you're going to fill this thread with Dwight Howard's nonsense.

There will be no rematch. Either Heat or the Bulls will make next year's finals (I honestly think a healthy D. Rose and having 3 former all stars, deng, noah, boozer, and jimmy butler and taj gibson is an incredibly stacked team).

D-Wade needs to reinvent his game and learn post moves or learn how to shoot better otherwise he's pretty much done of being a "star." He's been out of the superstar level since this year. I would consider in him a star now not a superstar.

I think he will be, Kobe will put up a solid 23-24 ppg I believe.

Celtics will sneak into the playoffs and make the first round quite interesting but won't get out of it IMO.

I honestly think for the East: Bulls, for the West: Grizzles (I think Spurs are done but they always tend to surprise me, Popp is a genius)

I am a Knicks fan and I feel that we are the fourth best team in the conference next season with : 1. Heat 2. Bulls (however I think this will be interchangeable 1-2 by end of next season) 3. Pacers (their size is insane, I hope they get Eric Bledsoe and see how he develops on a championship contender team) 4. Knicks- I'm not a huge fan of Carmelo Anthony. My favorite player currently is Iman Shumpert but he's still developing to just become a starter. We need to draft a big man/center unless shane larkin is still available.

tennisplayer1993 06-20-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r2473 (Post 7520678)

Unless Derrick favors average Karl Marlone's type of numbers, Enes Kanter becomes an all star. I don't see this happening.

Say Chi Sin Lo 06-20-2013 08:43 PM

By the way, not sure if LeBron James' jump shooting performance was a fluke, but if it isn't, how scary is that for the rest of the league?!

Say Chi Sin Lo 06-20-2013 08:46 PM

Oh and I forgot, Danny Granger coming back with Paul George. The Pacers will scare some people.

Ronaldo 06-20-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo (Post 7520703)
By the way, not sure if LeBron James' jump shooting performance was a fluke, but if it isn't, how scary is that for the rest of the league?!

MJ bacame a good jump shooter too. Wom a title or trey

Say Chi Sin Lo 06-20-2013 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronaldo (Post 7520715)
MJ bacame a good jump shooter too. Wom a title or trey

MJ redefined the mid-range with his fadaways. :)

But I see where you're going with it.

Nathaniel_Near 06-20-2013 09:50 PM

Thing is LeBron was actually one of the best mid-range shooters in the regular season according to the stats. He said in the presser that he looked back on what he'd done this season and realised that he shouldn't be trying to force himself to get into the paint and should stay true to what has worked for him all year, which is effective mid range jump shooting and setting up his own offence. He did also shoot 3s in the regular season at more than 40% so while his performance from beyond the arc was spectacular in game 7 of the 2013 NBA Finals, we shouldn't be all too surprised.

So in terms of was it a fluke and how scary is it for the rest of the league?

I reckon:

No fluke, and very scary indeed.

However, the Eastern Conference is starting to get stacked and we may be seeing an incredibly competitive era over on that side just to reach the finals, with a healthy D-Rose and a very promising looking Pacers team, but not to discount the Knicks either. The Celtics, it's hard to judge them right now.

Nathaniel_Near 06-20-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo (Post 7520709)
Oh and I forgot, Danny Granger coming back with Paul George. The Pacers will scare some people.

Pacers, Heat, Chicago - 3 very legit teams.

Also there is a lot of talk about this being the final run for the Spurs in vids i've seen post Finals but frankly they could have made two finals in a row given how prolific they were at winning in both the last 2 regular seasons. So, why not do it again?

I expect over the next 3 years we will see at least 1 OKC - Bulls finals.

Say Chi Sin Lo 06-20-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathaniel_Near (Post 7520789)
Pacers, Heat, Chicago - 3 very legit teams.

Also there is a lot of talk about this being the final run for the Spurs in vids i've seen post Finals but frankly they could have made two finals in a row given how prolific they were at winning in both the last 2 regular seasons. So, why not do it again?

I expect over the next 3 years we will see at least 1 OKC - Bulls finals.

Don't forget Altanta Hawks, apparently they have enough cap space to buy an island.

And if the Boston Celtics decides to keep Garnett, Pierce, and Coach Rivers, they'll be in the mix one way or another.

tennisplayer1993 06-20-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo (Post 7520793)
Don't forget Altanta Hawks, apparently they have enough cap space to buy an island.

And if the Boston Celtics decides to keep Garnett, Pierce, and Coach Rivers, they'll be in the mix one way or another.

Even with Garnett and Pierce I do not see them getting past the ECSF

Say Chi Sin Lo 06-20-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisplayer1993 (Post 7520797)
Even with Garnett and Pierce I do not see them getting past the ECSF

That's why I said they need to reload with good pieces. They need another starting big guy. He doesn't need to be a legit scorer, but he needs to be a big body that can get rebounds and bang people out of the paint.

Rondo is going to be Rondo, so he needs people who can run around screens and hit spot up jumpers.

Lastly, they need to rethink their bench. That team was a sitting duck when Garnett and Pierce were getting their rest throughout the season.

TennisLovaLova 06-21-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r2473 (Post 7520678)

Never happening.

NYK all the way.

Say Chi Sin Lo 06-21-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennisLovaLova (Post 7521061)
Never happening.

NYK all the way.

But their best player just retired and coaching across town. :twisted:

LeeD 06-21-2013 10:45 AM

Age and wear/tear is catching up to most of the teams mentioned.
Boozer/Deng
The whole Laker's team.
Wade fading, but Bosh and Lebron still at the top of their games.
OKC does need Westbrook back at full speed.
Indy is gonna be tough, with Danny, but need a point guard.
Memphis has a fading Gasol, a tired lefty PF, and need a PG.
GS needs maturity, before Lee-Bogut get too old.
Spurs were just too fired out, poor Parker and Genobli.

stringertom 06-21-2013 11:53 AM

Clips will be tough if the Garnett/Rivers deal gets done and approved.

It will be interesting where Karl winds up. He will improve any team he touches.

The West will remain stacked and the East will be almost as competitive. Should be a great year!

jamesblakefan#1 06-21-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeD (Post 7522207)
Age and wear/tear is catching up to most of the teams mentioned.
Boozer/Deng
The whole Laker's team.
Wade fading, but Bosh and Lebron still at the top of their games.
OKC does need Westbrook back at full speed.
Indy is gonna be tough, with Danny, but need a point guard.
Memphis has a fading Gasol, a tired lefty PF, and need a PG.
GS needs maturity, before Lee-Bogut get too old.
Spurs were just too fired out, poor Parker and Genobli.

Deng will be fine, and if he's not than Butler more than showed he can step up and play. Booz could be amnestied/traded, Bulls want to get rid of him big time.

Bosh is NOT at the top of his game. He was a better player in Toronto and scored as many points in Game 7 as you and I did. I wouldn't be shocked if he gets traded. If Miami stays pat, they won't win the title again. Plain and simple. They got lucky to win this one, if Vogel doesn't bench Hibbert/Pops doesn't bench Duncan...

Granger may be trade bait as well. That's George's team now, and I don't trust Granger coming off knee surgeries when he was already in decline.

How is Gasol fading? Dude just won DPOY and had his best year as a pro. You were talking about Marc right, not Pau. :? Conley is fine at the point, sure he's not Paul/Parker/Rondo but he's not Mario Chalmers either. :lol:

Memphis/OKC would be my front runners in the West, Mia/Chicago/Indy in the East. Too much commotion in Clipper land and it'll ultimately fail IMO.

Say Chi Sin Lo 06-21-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesblakefan#1 (Post 7522412)

How is Gasol fading? Dude just won DPOY and had his best year as a pro. You were talking about Marc right, not Pau. :? Conley is fine at the point, sure he's not Paul/Parker/Rondo but he's not Mario Chalmers either. :lol:

Hey, Mario Chalmers said he's a Top 10 point guard of this league, how dare you speak to him like that.

LeeD 06-21-2013 12:37 PM

Pau is long gone.
Marc said he was one of the top centers in the league. But in playoffs, he deferred to Zack, hardly ever took a clutch shot, and passed relentlessly. Your center should maybe try to score from 12' out, or should he just look to pass every single time? That's what Pau did a few years ago, look to pass before even taking a peak at the basket.
Bosh was the featured star at Toronto. Heat, he's #4 option. He doesn't need to score, he needs to contain the other center, rebound, box out, and take 10 jumpers from mid range. He earned another year just at the end of Game 6 alone.