USTA: Zone Team Selection Process
I had a question and wanted to seek guidance from the forum members. The question is regarding USTA Zone Team Selection Process. (We are part of norcal).
The rule states:
"Players not previously selected that are ranked in the top 5 on the most recently published NorCal Final Ranking Lists (up to 5 players)"
I am assuming "previously selected" in the rule implies members who were selected in 2012. Now, if there are 30 kids who applied for the team selection and 18 were selected and out of the 18 selected ones there are few who were part of the team last year, is the rule still valid?
From the reading of it, the impression I get is that from the remaining 12 kids (the ones that were not selected), the top 5 of them will be given the team slot than the ones who went last year.
Thought let me ask knoweldgable forum members here for their intepretation/clarification of the rule. Thank you.
Your sectional endorser should be able to clarify this, but I dont think your interpretation is correct, it not referring to the previous year, by 'previously selected' they mean by the prior selection methods.
These are :
(1) The winner and runner up of the USTA NorCal Sectional Championships : up to 2 players
(2) Players not previously selected that are ranked in the top 5 on the most recently published NorCal Final Ranking Lists
up to 5 players
(3) Up to 3 Wild Card players may be selected
(4) Players not previously selected that are in the top 100 of the most recently published National Standing List
AND who have played to completion at least one USTA NorCal Championship or Excellence Tournament or the
Sectional Championships within the immediately preceding 6 months, selected by order of standing.*
(5) Vacancies will be filled with players from the most recently published sectional Final Ranking Lists, selected
by order of rank.
So, in this case, if the player was not selected to the team via selection method 1 they can be selected by method 2.
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:17 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse