Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   PS4 or Xbox 1 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=468050)

Readers 06-25-2013 07:37 PM

PS4 or Xbox 1

Just wondering.

Feņa14 06-25-2013 08:00 PM

PS4 for me.

The Xbox seems more like an entertainment system than a gaming one.

adventure 06-25-2013 09:47 PM

Let's just call each other names over a stupid cell phone.

Oh wait, thought this was the iphone vs. samsung thread.

Readers 06-26-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adventure (Post 7535617)
Let's just call each other names over a stupid cell phone.

Oh wait, thought this was the iphone vs. samsung thread.

Oh, the amount of name calling in console war will make the android vs iphone look very civil.

I made this thread here because I think people here wouldn't care too much to get into stupid fights.

krz 06-26-2013 10:58 AM

I have xbox and xbox 360 but, I think MS lost a lot of fans when they released their sharing policy (then backtracked).

Also sony should really change the location of their thumbsticks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOosVWP--j0

flyinghippos101 06-26-2013 11:09 AM

Meh the PS4 looks the more enticing of the two only because of the $100 price difference. Both consoles practically look identical since Microsoft pulled a 180 on their DRM policies. Unless you want the xbox for the exclusives, it seems like a no brainer to pick the PS4. Microsoft will have to do something special to make it more competitive, even after the DRM-less features. Scraping the Kinect for a sans-Kinect edition for $100 less would seem the most feasible.

Or just get a PC

jamesblakefan#1 06-26-2013 11:22 AM

xbox committed PR suicide w/ the DRM/always connected nonsense. Hard for me to get behind them after that, even as an Xbox owner this gen I'll likely go PS4. Price point doesn't help either.

krz 06-26-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesblakefan#1 (Post 7538683)
xbox committed PR suicide w/ the DRM/always connected nonsense. Hard for me to get behind them after that, even as an Xbox owner this gen I'll likely go PS4. Price point doesn't help either.

Pretty much. Many people probably won't buy an xbox just based on principle now. Completely screwed themselves.

Feņa14 06-26-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesblakefan#1 (Post 7538683)

Agreed. I've had both the original and 360, I was sure i'd be getting the next gen one without having to put much thought into it. It seems to me like they got cocky and could put anything out and have them fly off the shelves, which i'm not a fan of. Time for a change and PS4 this time I think.

flyinghippos101 06-26-2013 07:45 PM

In other news, the Ouya was quietly released recently...

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/2...estop-in-a-day

Sander001 06-26-2013 08:41 PM

I do really like Konnect for the times when people are over and the mood for dancing strikes.
But most of the time it'll be me playing games traditionally. So gotta go with PS4.
The PS4 has more powerful usable hardware for gamering and the value is much better because not only is it $100 less, but more importantly the value for PSN+ over Xbox Live is immense.
And I'll still have the 360 for those dancy times.

Overdrive 06-27-2013 08:43 AM

Neither. I'm done with games.

Readers 06-27-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyinghippos101 (Post 7541275)
In other news, the Ouya was quietly released recently...

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/2...estop-in-a-day

This reminds of me of James May's Dacia Sandero joke on top gear...

Lukhas 06-27-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sander001 (Post 7541413)
I do really like Konnect for the times when people are over and the mood for dancing strikes.
But most of the time it'll be me playing games traditionally. So gotta go with PS4.
The PS4 has more powerful usable hardware for gamering and the value is much better because not only is it $100 less, but more importantly the value for PSN+ over Xbox Live is immense.
And I'll still have the 360 for those dancy times.

Yes and no. At the end, it's just an overclocked CPU and maybe a tiny inch better graphic card. Basically, you have two elements sticking out like a sore thumb, but it may or may not translate into graphically better exclusive games. I can agree with the rest since it's your opinion.

PC FTW! :twisted:

Feņa14 06-27-2013 04:54 PM

One thing the Xbox always had over the PS3 was the controller imo. The Playstation one was just too small for most people over the age of 10, looks like they've fixed that problem this time round.

Lukhas 06-29-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feņa14 (Post 7543923)
One thing the Xbox always had over the PS3 was the controller imo. The Playstation one was just too small for most people over the age of 10, looks like they've fixed that problem this time round.

Because Japanese people have small hands, it's very well known. :twisted: Biggest problem was not the size, but the triggers. Incredibly lame triggers. Well, if the price isn't abusive, I'll maybe get a XOne controller for PC since they seem to have fixed the subpar cross button. But I smell the 60/70€ controller somehow...

The Meat 06-29-2013 11:46 AM

PS4 is probably better because of two reasons.

1. Cheaper
2. Doesn't have that stupid online system to buy games, can't share them with friends...

Looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 15.

Sander001 06-29-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat (Post 7548560)

1. Cheaper
2. Doesn't have that stupid online system to buy games, can't share them with friends...

They changed that, didn't you hear?

Multiple sources inform me Microsoft will announce what amounts to a complete reversal on its DRM policies for Xbox One today[June 19].

What does this mean?

No more always online requirement
The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours
All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360
An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console
All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline
No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs
Region locks have been dropped

Lukhas 06-29-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat (Post 7548560)

1. Cheaper
2. Microsoft's PR...

Looking forward to Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 15.

Fixed that for you.

The Meat 06-29-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sander001 (Post 7548588)
They changed that, didn't you hear?

Multiple sources inform me Microsoft will announce what amounts to a complete reversal on its DRM policies for Xbox One today[June 19].

What does this mean?

No more always online requirement
The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours
All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360
An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console
All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline
No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs
Region locks have been dropped

Oh snap, they actually made a wise decision. :)

Still don't know if Xbox One will be worth it though, I can't really think of any good titles for the Xbox One that's coming out other than Halo and Dead rising.