Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Bastad ATP 250 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=469496)

Duncan Bell 07-08-2013 01:16 AM

Bastad ATP 250

Any interest in this?

I'm intrigued to see how BabyFed gets on, trying to win his first ATP titles. Needs to just load up on 250s until one falls his way.

Berdych, Juan Monaco, T Robredo, Nico Almagro, Verdasco, The Federer Slayer, Troicki make this a fairly interesting draw.

pound cat 07-08-2013 03:18 AM

I just watched set 1 Dimitrov v. Ymer age 17, #1304. Ymer won the first set 7-5. Tennis TV is great for all the tournaments except slams. ATP and WTA. full screen HD. Good value for the money.

Dimitrov won set 2 6/2

Duncan Bell 07-08-2013 03:33 AM

I was looking at Tennis TV yesterday actually - good quality then?

Do they not do slams at all?

pound cat 07-08-2013 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan Bell (Post 7576877)

No slams because all the networks buy the rights for a lot of money and it's on TV.

TennisTV shows almost all of the other tournaments but not to the USA. Americans cannot watch on a betting site either.

The quality is pretty good and there are no malware or viruses the the way free streams have so I stay away from them.

It costs 125 dollars Canadian 1 year....30 cents a day. I think you can try it for 1 month.

They also have this great feature called Catch UP..if you miss a match or want to watch a match from a previous tornament you can watch it here. For example I could watch the Dimitrov match again I could watch it again.

They will be showing isner, James Blake, Jessie Levine later today..Newport.

Duncan Bell 07-08-2013 05:01 AM

Sounds good, might sign up for the 1 month trial for Monty & Cinci.

Dimi won in 3 I see. Good lad.

pound cat 07-08-2013 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan Bell (Post 7577001)
Sounds good, might sign up for the 1 month trial for Monty & Cinci.

Dimi won in 3 I see. Good lad.

I was impressed by the 17 yr old's game and

The help line is very helpful too

Love Game 07-08-2013 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pound cat (Post 7576852)
I just watched set 1 Dimitrov v. Ymer age 17, #1304. Ymer won the first set 7-5. Tennis TV is great for all the tournaments except slams. ATP and WTA. full screen HD. Good value for the money.

In USA not so much .....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan Bell (Post 7576877)

excellent quality ... but they dont do the slams, which are ITF, just ATP and WTA ... but there are geographical restrictions ... a LOT in the USA! :mad:

Duncan Bell 07-08-2013 06:21 AM

Reasons to be happy if you live in the UK :)

Avles 07-08-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Love Game (Post 7577090)
excellent quality ... but they dont do the slams, which are ITF, just ATP and WTA ... but there are geographical restrictions ... a LOT in the USA! :mad:

Yup, I subscribed to TennisTV when we canceled Tennis Channel and I've been very happy with the quality when I can watch the tournaments-- but the number of locked-down events for US viewers is kind of amazing.

pound cat 07-08-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avles (Post 7577278)
Yup, I subscribed to TennisTV when we canceled Tennis Channel and I've been very happy with the quality when I can watch the tournaments-- but the number of locked-down events for US viewers is kind of amazing.

Canadians get to watch every tournament. Do you know why the USA is locked out of tennis TV? Free streams are all suspect.

Nostradamus 07-08-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

In USA not so much .....

What is the Reason for this ?? and I heard you can get around this problem if you have the know how. how do you do that ?? I heard it is easy to do and there is nothing illegal about it. It is just a silly corporate sponsorship restrictions thing. how do you get around this silliness ?

Fiji 07-08-2013 07:58 AM

Verdasco?
+++++++

Duncan Bell 07-08-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostradamus (Post 7577312)
What is the Reason for this ?? and I heard you can get around this problem if you have the know how. how do you do that ?? I heard it is easy to do and there is nothing illegal about it. It is just a silly corporate sponsorship restrictions thing. how do you get around this silliness ?

Move to England and become a Murray fan, obviously

Nostradamus 07-08-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan Bell (Post 7577349)
Move to England and become a Murray fan, obviously

England lost the war with America and Mr. Washington. why would I move to loser country ?
I just need to find a way to get around that silly corporate country restriction on the live stream.

peter 07-08-2013 01:55 PM

I hope Berdych wins, but it'll probably be Almagro. Verdasco, Monaco, Robredo are there just for the partying.

OKUSA 07-08-2013 01:56 PM

I went to bastad last year, great tournament and even better field this year it seems. I watched Ferrer vs. Almagro in the final and only for $50 I got to sit behind Ferrer's chair, shame Almagro was injured though

Worst thing was I left my camera with all my photos of Almagro's sweet backhand on the train going back to Malmo :(

wintintu 07-08-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

In USA not so much .....

Loving the Sloane avatar. Best looking woman in tennis in my opinion!

Nostradamus 07-08-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wintintu (Post 7578421)
Loving the Sloane avatar. Best looking woman in tennis in my opinion!

there has to be a way to bypass this insane Not available in your territory thing.

pound cat 07-09-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostradamus (Post 7577363)
England lost the war with America and Mr. Washington. why would I move to loser country ?
I just need to find a way to get around that silly corporate country restriction on the live stream.

Proxy..search it on google

pound cat 07-09-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostradamus (Post 7577363)

That was centuries ago. Iwould suggest you come to Canada but the US lost that war of 1812 to Canada so you likely wouldn't want to do that either,eh.