Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fed's decline is more Nike's fault than Wilson's. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=470814)

SwankPeRFection 07-20-2013 06:39 AM

Fed's decline is more Nike's fault than Wilson's.

Ever since they stopped making the Vapor Tour 6's design and moved to the loose and plushy crap that is moon pie/marsh mallow new Vapors, Fed's sucked on tour.

The last GOAT shoe was the 6 and we all know it. What's out now is absolute crap. They should have left that shoe alone. I didn't see them making a ton of changes to the CB line. I guess they wanted to screw both Fed and the public over by giving us pillows to run in. :evil:

Cushy shoes and tennis just doesn't go together. When you need to get around on the court, you need performance shoes, not light pillowy clouds. It's no different than performance tires for a car. You don't see high performance cars run around in all-weather crap tires... do you?

TennisLovaLova 07-20-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwankPeRFection (Post 7603003)
Ever since they stopped making the Vapor Tour 6's design and moved to the loose and plushy crap that is moon pie/marsh mallow new Vapors, Fed's sucked on tour.

The last GOAT shoe was the 6 and we all know it. What's out now is absolute crap. They should have left that shoe alone. I didn't see them making a ton of changes to the CB line. I guess they wanted to screw both Fed and the public over by giving us pillows to run in. :evil:

Cushy shoes and tennis just doesn't go together. When you need to get around on the court, you need performance shoes, not light pillowy clouds. It's no different than performance tires for a car. You don't see high performance cars run around in all-weather crap tires... do you?

Maybe it's when they started adding the trophies on the shoes. Bad luck it holds...

SwankPeRFection 07-20-2013 06:57 AM

I don't think so. I distinctly remember watching him play his first match with the 7's on and he was slower on court with his movement and change of direction. I remember some of the closeups of the shoes as he was moving around and his foot would basically roll over the edge because the top wasn't as stiff. It had the same affect as a high sidewall tire vs a low profile one. The wheel or in this case his foot would lean move over the edge of the sole/contact patch that's on the ground.

I wish I could find some videos to show this, but I'm too lazy to dig them up right now.

Zildite 07-20-2013 07:17 AM

All makes sense now

gplracer 07-20-2013 07:38 AM

I do not think so....

gavna 07-20-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Folks on these boards come up with the craziest S**t........

shintan17 07-20-2013 07:47 AM

He is just older.....simple as that

marosmith 07-20-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

I don't think you are very smart.

BreakPoint 07-20-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Um...did you realize that Federer's shoes are totally custom made and are nothing like the retail shoes? They are essentially "paintjobbed" shoes that only have the exterior look somewhat like the latest retail version. It's been accepted here that he's always worn the Vapor 2 and Nike just keeps changing the way they look on the outside every time they release a new version of the Vapor so that the Vapor 2 that Federer is wearing looks somewhat like the latest retail version of the Vapor.

cork_screw 07-20-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

This is ridiculous. It's not his shoes, it's his haircut. Ever since he got that haircut he hasn't played the same.

Vcore89 07-20-2013 10:51 AM

Last year's ''from the ground up'' Vapor was a welcome iteration from previous Vapors!

BLX_Andy 07-20-2013 10:54 AM

Really? I think the Vapor 9 Tour was a good shoe. Different but still suitable for how Fed plays.

kimguroo 07-20-2013 11:26 AM

Nike's fault????? Hahaha.

Chinese customized shoes do not work for both nadal and fed haha
After Nike stop making Nadal and fed's customized shoes in Korea, nadal blew his knee and fed is no longer play like he used to ^_____^

ENJOY TENNIS 07-20-2013 11:37 AM

Nike's fault? No, age's fault..........

SwankPeRFection 07-20-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakPoint (Post 7603368)
Um...did you realize that Federer's shoes are totally custom made and are nothing like the retail shoes? They are essentially "paintjobbed" shoes that only have the exterior look somewhat like the latest retail version. It's been accepted here that he's always worn the Vapor 2 and Nike just keeps changing the way they look on the outside every time they release a new version of the Vapor so that the Vapor 2 that Federer is wearing looks somewhat like the latest retail version of the Vapor.

They aren't as custom as everyone makes them out to be. The fit is definitely a wider one because of his foot shape and the material on them is more leather than what we get, but the core design is still the new one.

There was a time where the heal shank still used on the Breathe Cages was being incorporated into the 7 design and painted to make them look like retail, but ever since the 8, the heal/sole design was moved completely to the new design for about 90% of it. If you don't see this, then you're 100% going blind.

Like it or not, people don't just turn 29 and go out to pasture. There are a ton of athletes in their 30's who don't have issues competing against 20-something's. bottom line, it's either medical, equipment, or mental. Maybe he's tired from all the PR and extracurricular crap he's doing outside of being on court or training.

If it was me, I'd put his *** in Vapor 6's with a old K90 PJ and see what happens. ;) :lol:

ClintimusPrime 07-20-2013 07:55 PM

First the racquet. Now the shoes?? LAWL this is obnoxious.

SwankPeRFection 07-20-2013 08:54 PM

It's always been the shoes. Why do you think he lost at Wimbledon... he couldn't wear his orange shoes damnit! :p

jelle v 07-21-2013 02:03 AM

Is this a serious thread..? WTF :confused:

WhereIsMacMac 07-21-2013 02:47 AM

I think its not Nike's nor Wilson's fault. I think its your fault.

Seriously speaking, fed's gotten older. Gotta blame his body's wear and tear. Pretty simple. Accept it and move on

DownTheLineWith90 07-21-2013 06:28 AM

I have inside info that Fed switched his underwear company to Fruit of the Loom from Calvin Klein, just before Wimbledon 2013.

I think THAT is the primary reason why.