Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   is nadal good for 15 slams? yes or no (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=470986)

Death Master 07-21-2013 06:59 PM

is nadal good for 15 slams? yes or no

is nadal good for 15 slams? yes or no.

you have the floor.

90's Clay 07-21-2013 07:03 PM

I doubt it at this point.. Maybe another RG title or two.. Thats it. Hes gonna have to win off of the French if he wants 15. He isn't going to win another 3 French Open titles

cc0509 07-21-2013 07:04 PM

Yes, I think probably so.

Clarky21 07-21-2013 07:05 PM

No.

10nos

Sabratha 07-21-2013 07:08 PM

It's far too early too tell. He struggled at Roland Garros this year, has had tough matches on clay, nearly lost to people he should have beaten (particularly Ferrer and Dimitrov, showing at the very least a moderate decline in his clay game, but personally I think he has declined a great deal on clay since 2005-2010, but it's amazing that mere fumes have kept him going for 3 years after) and he had an even worse result on grass this year at Wimbledon, losing in the first round. His hard court form (going from his result at Indian Wells) is something for Nadal fans to look forward to, as it looks like he might be in the middle or latter stages of his hard court prime, so there's still some hope left.

Death Master 07-21-2013 07:24 PM

folks he is not winning anything outside the natural surfaces.

that is a bloody fact. and the way he is going on grass, you can count that out too.

Chico 07-21-2013 07:28 PM

No. /THREAD.

Death Master 07-21-2013 07:40 PM

if nadal is the Justin beiber of tennis then what is nole?

Chico 07-21-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death Master (Post 7605913)
if nadal is the Justin beiber of tennis then what is nole?

Go check some of your fellow classless Nadal fans trolling signatures. They started first.

beast of mallorca 07-21-2013 07:51 PM

^^ Djokovicforthewin has been resurrected. Marvelous !! :twisted:

Chico 07-21-2013 07:53 PM

These people call me many nicknames so far? This is third or fourth I think.

Not sure what you guy are talking about. And really don't care.

NADALbULLS 07-21-2013 08:04 PM

He'll win AT LEAST 3 more Roland Garros titles. So that means 15 is the minimum slam total. Plus I think he has a huge chance at winning the US Open and Australian Open again. I think the AO will be especially important to him, because as much as Murray is a good player, Nadal will see it essential to bury Djokovic at Djokovic's favorite slam. I think Nadal has a great shot at the Double-Career-Grand-Slam.

Death Master 07-21-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chico (Post 7605927)
Go check some of your fellow classless Nadal fans trolling signatures. They started first.

are you having problems with the clay warrior fans?

what exactly are they doing? are they insulting you?

Death Master 07-21-2013 08:05 PM

and what makes you think that I am a nadal fan?

what was your first clue?

surfvland 07-21-2013 08:09 PM

Yes, I think he'll win at least 15 to surpass Sampras.

Death Master 07-21-2013 08:12 PM

Sampras really does not count. people are still not getting this:

nadal has had to beat the greatest player ever lived to get a lot of his slams.

also sampy was a single dimensional one trick pony.

storypeddler 07-21-2013 08:14 PM

LOL. You all are funny.

Admittedly, I am a big Nadal fan. And yes, I think he can get 15 slams. Geez, Pete won his last slam two full years after everyone thought he was done. LOL.

Because of Rafa's playing style, he has more injuries than some, and his body takes a fairly severe beating over the course of a long season. Personally, I believe if he took the same approach as Serena Williams does and simply stayed healthy and played for a few handfuls of important tournaments each year, he could probably prolong his career a good deal longer than his current style will allow. I don't see that happening, however, because he gives it all he has all the time and likely will continue to do so until he calls it quits. He chooses that path because, unlike a lot of tennis players, Rafa has other interests in his life and he will be living life to the fullest after his ATP career ends. And I applaud him for finding that balance well before he retires.

Short some career-ending injury, I see him playing another 4-5 years, and I see several more slams in that time. Nobody has more heart.

NADALbULLS 07-21-2013 08:18 PM

Good luck trying to stop Nadal at Roland Garros. When Nadal returned this year, he was aiming to peak for 2014. 2013 is the transition year, yet he was still too great for Djokovic. 2013 was to be Djokovic's only chance.

3 more Roland Garros titles is the minimum scenario for Nadal. The maximum could be anything. Plus the Indian Wells result proves Nadal is still a contender on hardcourts.

At the slams, Nadal is on a big winning streak over Djokovic/Murray/Federer. Nadal has won his last 11 slam meetings with those guys (2 vs Djokovic, 4 vs Murray, 5 vs Federer).

Death Master 07-21-2013 08:49 PM

clay warrior is going to be tough in 2014.

DeShaun 07-21-2013 10:36 PM

For the past year I have had a gut feeling that he will top out at 13 slams (thirteen is a fortuitous number, IMO, despite what you may have been led to believe about it. It is a feminine number, supposedly strongly associated with Mother Earth, and I do not consider Rafa to be very masculine)- I see him winning just one more slam; it would be at RG, of course.