Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Tips/Instruction (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What's your favorite "learn-tennis-online" website and why? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=472141)

lendl1986 08-01-2013 09:16 AM

What's your favorite "learn-tennis-online" website and why?

There are over 20 of these sites, but no useful source for reviews...at least that I can find.

If you've used any of the above sites to improve your tennis, please share:

1. What you paid (or if you only used free content).
2. How you consumed content (email, youtube, paid video).
3. How your tennis improved.
4. Would you recommend the site to others.

hawk eye 08-01-2013 09:44 AM

Never paid for any stuff, there's enough up there for free.
For volleys i have to credit Brent able. For Serve Ian from eesetialtennis had a few great eye openers. F
YB has good overall content,but it takes more time.
Jeff Salzenstein, like Brent Abel, has usefull short footage on a lot of things. The Lock and Roll guy's forehand stuff is second to none (from what I have seen).

hawk eye 08-01-2013 09:56 AM

Tom Avery from besttennis deserves honourable mention too. His free stuff did improve for my onehander. Brent Abel is from webtennis I believe , always get confused with those names.

SuperDuy 08-01-2013 11:03 AM

tom avery, I just started to watch the videos and apply the stuff and it made a huge difference for me.

Velvet Ga el 08-01-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lendl1986 (Post 7628148)
There are over 20 of these sites, but no useful source for reviews...at least that I can find.

If you've used any of the above sites to improve your tennis, please share:

1. What you paid (or if you only used free content).
2. How you consumed content (email, youtube, paid video).
3. How your tennis improved.
4. Would you recommend the site to others.

Are you looking for free sites? Because if not, it's pretty tough to beat Yandell's tennisplayer.net. High speed video of pro strokes, solid lessons on both mechanics and strategy, and what really sets it apart is the message board forums where you can access some strong contributors while cutting out much of the trash you see on free forums (nothing personal TT). And the videos are available on my iPhone and iPad, including the ability to watch them in slow motion.

user92626 08-01-2013 04:35 PM

Looking at the poll result, I say they are all winners. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. You can't go wrong with any one.

charliefedererer 08-01-2013 07:53 PM

Surprised no one has mentioned John Yandell's site, tennisplayer.net

All of the above sites mentioned are good, but for sophisticated analysis as a guide for better stroke production it is hard to beat tennisplayer.net

newpball 08-01-2013 09:53 PM

Actually it is www.optimumtennis.net instead of .com

I suppose I subscribed to them some time ago and now I get every other day some lame email.

Today I got one containing: Wishing You a "Winning" 2012.
That just about says it all.

2ndServe 08-01-2013 10:28 PM

jeff salzenstein's youtube is also pretty good with some really nice material.

TennisCJC 08-02-2013 10:20 AM

I like FYB and the tennis oxygen analysis stuff on u tube - both are free and both are solid. Lock and rock is good too but not a whole lot of content yet - but, what's there is good.

Tight Lines 08-02-2013 11:35 AM

Coach Mauro at thetennisvault.com deserves a mention. It's one of the best sites for beginners.

Harry

ramos 08-02-2013 12:38 PM

Jim mcLennan
Essentialtennisinstruction.com

ProgressoR 08-02-2013 01:14 PM

Youtube works for me.

Baxter 08-10-2013 02:51 AM

FYB is great except for the spam. He's left handed like me so that helps too.

SystemicAnomaly 08-10-2013 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tight Lines (Post 7630886)
Coach Mauro at thetennisvault.com deserves a mention. It's one of the best sites for beginners.

Harry

Have picked up some great insight and different ways to teach various skills from both Kyril and Mauro. Not just for beginners.

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliefedererer (Post 7629534)
Surprised no one has mentioned John Yandell's site, tennisplayer.net

All of the above sites mentioned are good, but for sophisticated analysis as a guide for better stroke production it is hard to beat tennisplayer.net

A 3rd mention for Yandell's site. Highly recommend it. FYB, Salzenstein, Lock and Roll and most of the others on the list all provide some excellent instruction. The various, different teaching styles should resonate with different people. Often it is great seeing a skill taught with a different approach or emphasis.