Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Should Federer have tanked the 2011 semi against Novak?? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=476943)

tennis24x7 09-11-2013 07:36 AM

Should Federer have tanked the 2011 semi against Novak??
 
I think he should have, Novak would certainly have beaten Nadal as Nadal was not playing well that year. What say?? Anybody feel the same??

SuperHead 09-11-2013 07:40 AM

Yeah you're right, Federer was winning that match 5-2 up in the first set. Don't know what happened afterwards.

ubi1 09-11-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis24x7 (Post 7750087)
I think he should have, Novak would certainly have beaten Nadal as Nadal was not playing well that year. What say?? Anybody feel the same??

You cannot say for certain Nadal would lose you are forgetting you are talking about the King of Clay. Who's lost 1 best of 5 match on clay. Nadal would play as his life would depend on it and prevail in the end.

6-1 6-3 6-0 09-11-2013 07:43 AM

People just seem to assume that Djokovic would have beaten Nadal in 2011 at Roland Garros. In the early stages of 2013 Roland Garros, Nadal was vulnerable, just like in the early rounds of 2011, and had been straight-setted by Djokovic in Monte Carlo (so there are already some parallels to be drawn between 2011 and 2013). Yet Nadal STILL got into a position to serve for the match in four sets, and then ended up winning it in five. If 2011 Djokovic played Nadal, it would have probably have been a bit closer than 2013, with Nadal still getting the win.

RF20Lennon 09-11-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubi1 (Post 7750093)
You cannot say for certain Nadal would lose you are forgetting you are talking about the King of Clay. Who's lost 1 best of 5 match on clay. Nadal would play as his life would depend on it and prevail in the end.

Maybe, but then again he did have a mental block against Nole back then. And lost to him in Madrid and Rome so I think maybe Nole couldve got him.

tennis_pro 09-11-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6-1 6-3 6-0 (Post 7750101)
People just seem to assume that Djokovic would have beaten Nadal in 2011 at Roland Garros. In the early stages of 2013 Roland Garros, Nadal was vulnerable, just like in the early rounds of 2011, and had been straight-setted by Djokovic in Monte Carlo (so there are already some parallels to be drawn between 2011 and 2013). Yet Nadal STILL got into a position to serve for the match in four sets, and then ended up winning it in five. If 2011 Djokovic played Nadal, it would have probably have been a bit closer than 2013, with Nadal still getting the win.

How much closer than a 9-7 5th set can it get? You mean like 7-6 6-7 7-6 6-7 20-18?

Chico 09-11-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis24x7 (Post 7750087)
I think he should have, Novak would certainly have beaten Nadal as Nadal was not playing well that year. What say?? Anybody feel the same??

Yes he should have. The world would have been much better place now.

woodrow1029 09-11-2013 08:19 AM

These threads keep getting better and better!

I'm surprised Chico is still posting here. I thought for sure after Monday we wouldn't see him till the Australian Open at least.

President 09-11-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chico (Post 7750181)
Djokovic is #1

Not for much longer. :)


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse