Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Nadal is the fastest tennis player ever. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=477329)

terribleIVAN 09-14-2013 11:44 PM

Nadal is the fastest tennis player ever.
 
When it comes to court coverage and speed of mouvement, there have been very fast players in the past, like Borg, Wilander, Chang, Hewitt, but Nadal beats them all when it comes to mouvement on the court.

I feel this is the main reason of his success, besides his will to win.

Midaso240 09-15-2013 12:07 AM

Monfils is pretty fast too,despite being bigger than all the players listed there

dooknookem 09-15-2013 12:11 AM

Monflis, Nadal, Djokovic, and Federer are the best movers of all time in no particular order.

tipsa...don'tlikehim! 09-15-2013 12:23 AM

I think Monfils is even faster than Nadal, too bad the rest of his game is not good enough.

MichaelNadal 09-15-2013 12:24 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpcatKkVi18

terribleIVAN 09-15-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midaso240 (Post 7758486)
Monfils is pretty fast too,despite being bigger than all the players listed there

Monfils can't even come close to sustain his speed over the distance.
Nadal can move at the same pace from start to finish.

terribleIVAN 09-15-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dooknookem (Post 7758490)
Monflis, Nadal, Djokovic, and Federer are the best movers of all time in no particular order.

As i said, of all these players, Nadal is the only one able to sustain the same court speed over the distance of the entire match.

This is how he beat Nole 1 week ago.

dooknookem 09-15-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terribleIVAN (Post 7758502)
As i said, of all these players, Nadal is the only one able to sustain the same court speed over the distance of the entire match.

This is how he beat Nole 1 week ago.

can't disagree with you there.

PhrygianDominant 09-15-2013 01:36 AM

Although Nadal is fast, fastest may be difficult to determine. Some people move laterally better, some move forward better, some move smarter and seem to do it effortlessly, some ge their feet moving so fast they seem to blur. I think the thing that makes Nadal's speed so impressive is that when he gets to the ball he can still hurt you from almost anywhere.

MichaelNadal 09-15-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhrygianDominant (Post 7758530)
Although Nadal is fast, fastest may be difficult to determine. Some people move laterally better, some move forward better, some move smarter and seem to do it effortlessly, some ge their feet moving so fast they seem to blur. I think the thing that makes Nadal's speed so impressive is that when he gets to the ball he can still hurt you from almost anywhere.

That's a factor too. All Rafa needs is to get his racquet on the ball. You can't feel safe no matter where he is or how far off court etc.

abmk 09-15-2013 02:13 AM

what separates nadal from most of the other fast guys is what he can do with the ball when on the run .....

Backspin1183 09-15-2013 02:15 AM

Djokovic is faster than Nadal right now. But Nadal has better footwork than the Serb

Death Master 09-15-2013 02:45 AM

nole has the best movement on the planet at the moment but nadal was the absolute best mover before he started wrecking his knee. nadal was also the fastest one out there but not anymore.

terribleIVAN 09-15-2013 04:01 AM

You can engage with him in a 50 shots rally and win it, you'll be exhausted but he will be there ready for the next point.

You win the point, but you lose the battle.

fatichar 09-15-2013 04:28 AM

Nadal is the fastest, but Roger is the most effortless mover.

Incognito 09-15-2013 04:44 AM

Nadal runs like a 100 meter sprinter. He bends his head downwards when he goes full speed and it's great to watch. Younger Nadal is a lot faster than the current one though.

Nadal may have been faster but Roger has the best combo of speed and footwork IMO. Not saying Nadal has bad footwork. You obviously need great footwork and speed and timing when you run around those backhands to hit a fh, but Roger floats..

terribleIVAN 09-15-2013 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incognito (Post 7758647)
Nadal runs like a 100 meter sprinter. He bends his head downwards when he goes full speed and it's great to watch. Younger Nadal is a lot faster than the current one though.

Nadal may have been faster but Roger has the best combo of speed and footwork IMO. Not saying Nadal has bad footwork. You obviously need great footwork and speed and timing when you run around those backhands to hit a fh, but Roger floats..

I actually agree with you.

But Roger doesn't have Rafa's engine; he tires over the distance too.
Nadal never tires ( almost): you can only hope to slow him down a little.

Praetorian 09-15-2013 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terribleIVAN (Post 7758718)
I actually agree with you.

But Roger doesn't have Rafa's engine; he tires over the distance too.
Nadal never tires ( almost): you can only hope to slow him down a little.

Then its endurance. Topic is about speed.:oops:

terribleIVAN 09-15-2013 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Praetorian (Post 7758745)
Then its endurance. Topic is about speed.:oops:

Rafa has both speed and endurance.
Both in inhumane quantities.

HailDjokovic 09-15-2013 08:28 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWxHJMhiEVo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aif8uMjTndQ
(two examples of djokovic's sliding)


I honestly think djokovic's sliding makes him better at court COVERAGE. But what you can do with on the stretch goes to nadal, he is very good with his spin.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse