Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Knee Issues -Nike & Babolat shoes vs Asics (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=478015)

brokenRPM 09-22-2013 03:22 PM

Knee Issues -Nike & Babolat shoes vs Asics

Asics shoes are much better for knees

Say Chi Sin Lo 09-22-2013 04:42 PM

So is not playing tennis.

Roger Wawrinka 09-22-2013 05:17 PM

What kind of knee issues are you talking about.

brokenRPM 09-22-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Wawrinka (Post 7774028)
What kind of knee issues are you talking about.

knee pain and inflammation. nothing major but i've been using babolat and etc for years and they always get me in the knee. not asics. if u all have some knee issues/ankle issues, try asics out.

Say Chi Sin Lo 09-22-2013 11:26 PM

I wear Nike and Adidas exclusively, zero knee issues here.

brokenRPM 09-23-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo (Post 7774558)
I wear Nike and Adidas exclusively, zero knee issues here.

then keep using them. i had major problems with babolat, adidas, and etc. Nike was still ok. personally, i like the way adidas shoes look. very slick.

Say Chi Sin Lo 09-23-2013 02:47 PM

I've also used random running shoes and have had zero problems. Once in a while I wore jeans and Timberland boots on impromptu hits.

I generally don't blame a lack of health/fitness on equipment.

Jay_The_Nomad 09-23-2013 11:15 PM

Check your foot for instability. Do you have an over pronated foot or under pronated foot?

I.e. when you stand do your feet tend to roll in or roll out?

If you feet rolls it can cause Achilles tendon or knee problems. You might need to get arch support. Some shoes come with a default insole that has good arch support. But if you switch it out for your own insole than it doesn't matter what brand you get.

DInosaurTT 09-24-2013 04:54 AM

Different experience

I had some knee trouble which was not helped by my Babolat shoes. I bought a pair of Babolat Propulse 3 shoes and these were part of my knee problem. By using orthotics wiht them the problem slowly went away. They had less sole cushioning and that was probably part of the issue although these things are always hard to be certain about.

On the other hand I have had no problems at all since switching to Babolat SFX which have more cushioning and thicker soles. Seems to have been more bout the specifics of the shoe than the brand.

ollinger 09-24-2013 05:46 AM

The OP is describing the basis of superstition -- making broad generalizations from one experience that may be completely atypical.

Povl Carstensen 09-25-2013 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay_The_Nomad (Post 7776719)
But if you switch it out for your own insole than it doesn't matter what brand you get.

I would say there are still differences from shoe to shoe in stability, and the shape (support) of the footbed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollinger (Post 7777004)
The OP is describing the basis of superstition -- making broad generalizations from one experience that may be completely atypical.

Yes, there are differences between the models of brands. But I would agree that Asics generally make a quality product.
Allthough I have changed to a more minimalistic approach.

Say Chi Sin Lo 09-25-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollinger (Post 7777004)

Basis superstition? I thought it was the basis of ignorance based on a small sample size and unlikely connections. Or what we scientists call, stupidity.

brokenRPM 09-26-2013 12:03 AM

I agree that if you are super fit and super strong, you can play with anything. but if I can pay 120 bucks and fix a problem so I can play tennis? I would do it in a heart beat. That's all.

brokenRPM 09-26-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo (Post 7780595)
Basis superstition? I thought it was the basis of ignorance based on a small sample size and unlikely connections. Or what we scientists call, stupidity.

i agree that this is no scientific at all. u switch one shoe to another and the ankles don't roll and knees are fine. that's all.

Say Chi Sin Lo 09-26-2013 12:24 AM

So you've invalidated yourself by agreeing that fitness/health has more to do with certain (negative) responses of your lower extremities than, your initial proposed source (brands of shoe).

And that, the fix is as magical (or random) as finding that one pair that fits you as an individual. Meanwhile, your "problematic" shoes illicit anywhere from neutral to positive reactions.

So, what's the point of this thread again?

onehandbh 09-26-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokenRPM (Post 7780665)
i agree that this is no scientific at all. u switch one shoe to another and the ankles don't roll and knees are fine. that's all.

A salmon was killed by a fisherman in 1968.
The following year the U.S. finally got some
astronauts on the moon.

The U.S. was finally able to accomplish this goal
because a man living on the west coast decided to
stop wearing his Asics tennis shoes and decided
instead to go barefoot and killed a salmon. Also,
his knee and foot pain disappeared after he stopped
wearing Asics and going barefoot instead. His bare
feet provide more cushioning.

This is not scientific either...

brokenRPM 09-26-2013 09:01 AM

TW, some of these people on the BBS need help.

Povl Carstensen 09-26-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onehandbh (Post 7781139)
His bare
feet provide more cushioning.

They provide more stability.

junbumkim 09-26-2013 09:49 PM

I never looked back after I switched to Asics. Much more comfortable than Nike and Adidas.

Say Chi Sin Lo 09-26-2013 09:57 PM

I never looked back after I switched to Nikes. Much more comfortable than Asics and Adidas.