Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Do you know anyone with a faster weave than me? (51 sec. video) (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=502522)

nathannguyen 06-05-2014 10:46 PM

Do you know anyone with a faster weave than me? (51 sec. video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUywnZKQBKk

I want to set the world record for fastest weaves, but I need a second opinion to avoid wasting time.

SoBad 06-05-2014 10:55 PM

Looks like a trick, to be honest. After I weave the first couple of crosses (10 – 15 mins tops) I usually go to the kitchen cabinet looking for hand cream. Even if I find the cabinet, the cream is usually missing. So then I take a bath and dress for a trip to the pharmacy. Usually takes a few days or weeks for me to complete the crosses.

gkamieneski 06-06-2014 05:10 AM

I am impressed. More so with hitting the inside grommet hole so easily. My poor vision won't allow that.

Where's your store? Looks like a good setup.

A Defenseless Creature 06-06-2014 05:13 AM

You should go to the IART symposium in September and enter the speed stringing contest. You can compare yourself to the fastest at that event and possibly pick up some fun pointers while there.

tennis_ocd 06-06-2014 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkamieneski (Post 8438081)
I am impressed. More so with hitting the inside grommet hole so easily. My poor vision won't allow that.

I can't hit my O-ports that easily :) . Interesting to see the weave start from bottom and move to grommet; never tried that. Typically I start from grommet and weave to bottom.

THESEXPISTOL 06-06-2014 05:58 AM

That's impressive.

nathannguyen 06-06-2014 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoBad (Post 8437309)
Looks like a trick, to be honest. After I weave the first couple of crosses (10 15 mins tops) I usually go to the kitchen cabinet looking for hand cream. Even if I find the cabinet, the cream is usually missing. So then I take a bath and dress for a trip to the pharmacy. Usually takes a few days or weeks for me to complete the crosses.

Have you seen Irvin's bead method? It'd probably save you dozens of trips to the pharmacy.
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...highlight=bead

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkamieneski (Post 8438081)

Where's your store? Looks like a good setup.

Good eye! I'm working at the newest store in Houston and it's a quaint little place I really enjoy working at. We even manufacture our own strings! (Clarke)

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Defenseless Creature (Post 8438099)
You should go to the IART symposium in September and enter the speed stringing contest. You can compare yourself to the fastest at that event and possibly pick up some fun pointers while there.

I've been dying to find the opportunity to head over there!
I'm more interested in the many types of stringing methods and quirks I'd see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennis_ocd (Post 8438253)
I can't hit my O-ports that easily :) . Interesting to see the weave start from bottom and move to grommet; never tried that. Typically I start from grommet and weave to bottom.

I utilize both ways! The goal is to get the most severe angle you can so you'd have more space to weave.

Quote:

Originally Posted by THESEXPISTOL (Post 8438455)
That's impressive.

Thanks, friend!

Sparkyovcov 06-06-2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathannguyen (Post 8439563)

Good eye! I'm working at the newest store in Houston and it's a quaint little place I really enjoy working at. We even manufacture our own strings! (Clarke)

Thanks, friend!

Do you work at Clarke sports tennis? Is there website up and running. I always have difficulty using it.

gkamieneski 06-06-2014 12:05 PM

Thought that store was in Austin?

struggle 06-06-2014 12:34 PM

dude.

chill.....

nathannguyen 06-06-2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparkyovcov (Post 8440267)
Do you work at Clarke sports tennis? Is there website up and running. I always have difficulty using it.

I apologize for the inconvenience, really! We're on the cusp of finishing our new websites this month. I've been putting in the hours, I promise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkamieneski (Post 8440303)
Thought that store was in Austin?

Maybe you're a fortune teller?
We're playing around with locations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by struggle (Post 8440388)
dude.

chill.....

chill mode: maximum

darklore009 06-06-2014 01:49 PM

are you stringing it with a synthetic string? that allows me to stringing like a lot faster than i would do with a poly.

nathannguyen 06-06-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darklore009 (Post 8440554)
are you stringing it with a synthetic string? that allows me to stringing like a lot faster than i would do with a poly.

I'm stringing with a multifiliment. Definitely a lot easier than polyester. My weaves are usually a second slower (unless it's Lux Ace or another thin polyester)

newpball 06-06-2014 02:18 PM

Wow, here is a pro at work!

:grin:

nathannguyen 06-06-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newpball (Post 8440637)
Wow, here is a pro at work!

:grin:

Thank you! I prefer to consider it a profitable hobby. :)

zapvor 06-06-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathannguyen (Post 8439563)
Have you seen Irvin's bead method? It'd probably save you dozens of trips to the pharmacy.
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...highlight=bead

I've been dying to find the opportunity to head over there!
I'm more interested in the many types of stringing methods and quirks I'd see.

I utilize both ways! The goal is to get the most severe angle you can so you'd have more space to weave.

Thanks, friend!

you are making your own strings????how

TheStranger 06-06-2014 03:16 PM

Ah, a Radical Rev just like mine. Haha, that's pretty quick~

gkamieneski 06-06-2014 03:17 PM

I was just looking at a reel of neon green trimmer poly from Walmart out in the garage.

am1899 06-06-2014 03:17 PM

Wow...that's movin'!

Do you / have you considered stringing at pro events? By the looks of your technique, it appears you know what you're doing. And while not the end all be all, your speed would be an asset at that level of stringing.

Chotobaka 06-06-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathannguyen (Post 8440708)
Thank you! I prefer to consider it a profitable hobby. :)

An oxymoron if ever I heard one. :)