Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Other Equipment (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Help Choosing Tennis Bag (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=503407)

aquang93 06-12-2014 11:39 PM

Help Choosing Tennis Bag
 
Hi everyone,

I'm wanting to pick up tennis again and want to get a tennis bag.
I currently own 3 tennis rackets.

I've mainly looking at these 3 bags:

Technifibre Team ATP 3-Pack
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Tecn...-TFPATPT3.html

Prince Victory 6-Pack
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Prin...NCE-PVBW6.html

and Wilson Match Collection 6-Pack
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Wils...ILSON-WM6.html

I'm on a budget which is why i looked at less than $40 bags, including the TW bag but i couldn't find much review on it.
Any recommendation between these bags? Or should i save up a little more for a different bag?

jim e 06-13-2014 03:40 PM

All depends on what you are planning to put inside your bag.
For me , bigger is better, to a degree.
I put in 3 racquets with covers so they do not get banged around, tennis clothes, towel, soap, deodorant, 2 water bottles, snacks, phone, hat, sunglasses, tennis shoes, sun blocker, a few tubes of balls, tape measurer (net typically not set properly), room for another racquet that someone drops off to be strung, etc. etc. so it all adds up, and if you go too small, say goodbye to the zippers when you try and zip it shut.

BLX_Andy 06-14-2014 07:11 PM

if you have 3 I would recommend going with a 12+ pack bag. The extra space is good for other items such as sunscreen, dampeners, overgrips, towels, shoes, etc. I have a 15-pack bag but only have 2 racquets, the extra space is taken up by the items I listed above.

SJSA 06-14-2014 07:44 PM

Even though you have 3 racquets, you should have at least 6-pack bag for your stuffs like balls, shoes, etc.

Fuji 06-14-2014 09:18 PM

For literally every day use as a coach I only bring 2 sticks, but I use a 15 tour bag for all the other stuff I carry. Mainly clothes, extra shoes, water, sunscreen, phone charger, keys, wallet, and books.

-Fuji

stapletonj 06-20-2014 05:54 AM

Every time I have bought a bag, I wish I had gotten a bigger one.

I suggest picking what you think is best and then go one size bigger..

Silent 06-20-2014 06:04 AM

The problem is the OP had a budget of $40.

Getting a 15-pack was not an option, unfortunately.

struggle 06-20-2014 06:18 AM

The problem with skimping on a bag purchase is this:

No matter the size or the quality, you'll always wish you had purchased more of both.

I currently have the Technifibre Pro ATP Monster. It may just be "the cadillac" of bags, but i still wish there things better about it...........but it's hard to beat. (i don't need bigger, just want even MORE organization options and this bag is already pretty good in that aspect).

TW Staff 06-20-2014 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquang93 (Post 8463147)
Hi everyone,

I'm wanting to pick up tennis again and want to get a tennis bag.
I currently own 3 tennis rackets.

I've mainly looking at these 3 bags:

Technifibre Team ATP 3-Pack
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Tecn...-TFPATPT3.html

Prince Victory 6-Pack
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Prin...NCE-PVBW6.html

and Wilson Match Collection 6-Pack
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Wils...ILSON-WM6.html

I'm on a budget which is why i looked at less than $40 bags, including the TW bag but i couldn't find much review on it.
Any recommendation between these bags? Or should i save up a little more for a different bag?

One of my favorite bags right now AND it's under $40 and a 9 pack!

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Volk...KL-VTM139.html

Michelle, TW

JLyon 06-20-2014 06:38 AM

Get 2 bags for your budget
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Tenn...eBG-TW9BL.html

gmatheis 06-20-2014 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 8481419)
One of my favorite bags right now AND it's under $40 and a 9 pack!

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Volk...KL-VTM139.html

Michelle, TW

That's a steal at $39.99 !

aquang93 06-20-2014 10:49 AM

Thank you for all of your response, i wish i saw the Volkl before i ordered a couple days ago.
Since i tend to not carry too much hopefully I will be happy with the 6 pack.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Fila...LA-FTBBG6.html
was the bag i ended up getting, i saw that it was half off and jumped on it.

Silent 06-20-2014 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by struggle (Post 8481363)
The problem with skimping on a bag...

Must be nice not to know what a budget is.

struggle 06-20-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent (Post 8482250)
Must be nice not to know what a budget is.

don't get me wrong, I know what a budget is.

i also realize that usually you get what you pay for.

Fuji 06-20-2014 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by struggle (Post 8481363)
The problem with skimping on a bag purchase is this:

No matter the size or the quality, you'll always wish you had purchased more of both.

I currently have the Technifibre Pro ATP Monster. It may just be "the cadillac" of bags, but i still wish there things better about it...........but it's hard to beat. (i don't need bigger, just want even MORE organization options and this bag is already pretty good in that aspect).

It's probably the best bag I've ever used, and I've thrashed a ton. So far it's been holding up ridiculously well from heavy daily use.

-Fuji

Bagumbawalla 06-21-2014 07:45 PM

1, If you have (mostly) Prince rackets- I would go with the Prince bag- especially if that's a bag you ike, anyway. Number one choice.

2, However, there are lots of other options than just buying a standard bag- You could use a backback and let the handles stick out of the top. Lots of people do this. It is convenient and in some ways makes more sense than a bulky bag in most situations.

3, If you want a reqular tennis bag and price is an issue and you have the time- consider looking in locak thrift shops. I have found several that way. 2 weeks ago I found a 15 racket Wilson Tour (last year's style) for $10. If you have the time for looking and looking and looking.

4, You might consider going a more individualistic rout. Carry your rackets in an old guitar case, Hello Kitty tote, airline carry-on, duffle/scuba bag or any other idea you can come up with.

texacali 06-25-2014 07:32 AM

I have three bags, all different sizes, but tend to defer to my backpack (two rackets) for most purposes like practice. My largest bag, which holds four in the main compartment, is great for multi-day tourney, but too bulky for daily use. I tend to buy from an auction site, and have picked up two of my bags brand new for less than $20.00 + shipping.

struggle 06-25-2014 07:45 AM

I really like the "Hello Kitty" idea, but I think "My Little Pony" would garnish more respect these days...

lgbalfa 06-25-2014 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLX_Andy (Post 8467825)
if you have 3 I would recommend going with a 12+ pack bag. The extra space is good for other items such as sunscreen, dampeners, overgrips, towels, shoes, etc. I have a 15-pack bag but only have 2 racquets, the extra space is taken up by the items I listed above.

12 + seems excessive to me.

struggle 06-25-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lgbalfa (Post 8498056)
12 + seems excessive to me.

Yeah, it is to some. I use a 15 pack to carry 4 rackets and gear. Works perfectly.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse