Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   For ollinger: skin tags (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=503964)

sureshs 06-19-2014 09:34 AM

For ollinger: skin tags
 
I have 5 or 6 of them around my neck (collar area). I found several OTC products but online reviews say most do not work. Do you know of any which works in one application? Is it always better to get them excised by a doctor? Some opinions say that they should just be left alone.

r2473 06-19-2014 09:44 AM

Start taking whey protein and that should take care of it.

WildVolley 06-19-2014 09:58 AM

True story. I had a shaving sharp pocket knife so I cleaned the blade with rubbing alcohol and then just pulled the skin tag out and sliced it off. It ended up bleeding a little more than I expected. Still it healed up.

This isn't medical advice, because I'm not a physician, but I do eat a lot of bacon.

sureshs 06-19-2014 12:14 PM

I may ask you to do the same for me

GrandSlam45 06-19-2014 12:40 PM

Skin tags are extremely easy for a dermatologist to remove. If you have health insurance, just go get it done.

ollinger 06-19-2014 12:49 PM

Wild Volley has a point; sometimes people just shave them off. There's a product called Freeze Off that might be worth looking at, as the dermatologists I've known usually dab a little liquid nitrogen on them to freeze them, and they then pretty much fall off within days.

sureshs 06-20-2014 07:43 AM

Let me look into it

Vcore89 06-20-2014 10:59 AM

Shouldn't the acid in lemons work?

LuckyR 06-20-2014 11:07 AM

They will likely bleed way more than you expect if you just lop them off. The freezing will work but may require 2 applications. The other technique would be to tie it off with some thread and it will fall off in a couple of days.

Dedans Penthouse 06-20-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r2473 (Post 8479044)
Start taking whey protein and that should take care of it.

The Kurds use that.

Vcore89 06-20-2014 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyR (Post 8482083)
They will likely bleed way more than you expect if you just lop them off. The freezing will work but may require 2 applications. The other technique would be to tie it off with some thread and it will fall off in a couple of days.

Sounds like restricting a polyp (or polyps)...till it fall off?

LuckyR 06-20-2014 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vcore89 (Post 8482232)
Sounds like restricting a polyp (or polyps)...till it fall off?

No blood supply = death = falls off. Works for foreskins...

Sentinel 06-20-2014 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 8479021)
I have 5 or 6 of them around my neck (collar area). I found several OTC products but online reviews say most do not work. Do you know of any which works in one application? Is it always better to get them excised by a doctor? Some opinions say that they should just be left alone.

How can you leave them alone when there are six of them? Do you intend separating them first ?

Fed Kennedy 06-21-2014 02:28 AM

What a barf thread


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse