Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Looking to buy an electric machine (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=5245)

smash 05-22-2004 11:54 AM

Looking to buy an electric machine

I am looking to buy an electric stringing machine, I am sure there are people out there who can point me in the right direction. I am wondering about a Babolat Sensor has anyone any comments good or bad.

Thanks

christian 05-22-2004 02:10 PM

I think that they are way overpriced. You can get a alpha or gamma electric for thousands less

David Pavlich 05-22-2004 06:37 PM

It depends on how much money you wish to part with and if you're going to string enough frames to justify one of the top end stringers.

I do 100-150 a month and won't spend the money on a Sensor. I have a Silent Partner Aria, which does well for me. Stringing is only one part of my business, so I have to be prudent as to where the dollars are spent.

Some of my bretheren here have converted their crank machines into electronics with the Wise Tension Head. It's a bolt on tension head that has received good reviews.

It's all in what you can afford and what you can justify.

David

David

PHSTennis 05-22-2004 10:07 PM

The Sensor is a Rolls Royce Stringer... Well I got a Blu DC Plus... nice machine... you can spen about 400 or so and get a wise tension head like David said... The machine rocks.. nothing wrong with a crank... I might convert later.. Only strung 6 racquets so far.. just this week ;) easy to string. :)

RacquetDoctor 05-23-2004 05:35 AM

I own a Sensor...worth every penny I paid. The Aria is an interesting stringer...in my opinion, a real good price to performance ratio at $1600...That being said, it is all about choices...I have strung on one, and prefer my machine to it, but I can tell you that the experience was not uncomfortable, just a bit different.

The latest RSi mag has 10 TST Precision 500 machines for sale (used at the Nasdaq 100) at $2200 each...from the photo, looks like a Aria...probably is. These machines are readily available is Oz...never have seen them here. A Lee wrote something up about those machines on another site I believe...

David Pavlich 05-23-2004 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RacquetDoctor
I own a Sensor...worth every penny I paid. The Aria is an interesting stringer...in my opinion, a real good price to performance ratio at $1600...That being said, it is all about choices...I have strung on one, and prefer my machine to it, but I can tell you that the experience was not uncomfortable, just a bit different.

The latest RSi mag has 10 TST Precision 500 machines for sale (used at the Nasdaq 100) at $2200 each...from the photo, looks like a Aria...probably is. These machines are readily available is Oz...never have seen them here. A Lee wrote something up about those machines on another site I believe...

You're correct, Doc. The only difference is the tool tray (better than the Aria), much better reel storeage, also. The clamps on the Aria are better. The ones on the TST are just like the clamps on the SP DG, at least the pictures that I saw showed the old style clamps.

The one thing I wish my Aria did was rotate the head a bit faster. I can release the clamps quicker than the head can finish the pull. Certainly, this only amounts to a second or so and maybe picking nits, but...

Someday I'll grow up and get a Ferrari stringer. Have you heard anything else about the new Babolat stringer? Maybe there will be a couple at the French and we'll here from the guys there at the other site. We can only hope!

David