Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Roddick is HUGE!! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=5356)

Andy Zarzuela 05-24-2004 12:26 PM

Roddick is HUGE!!

I've noticed that Andy has got huge. He has put on a lot of muscle. Alot thicker than he used to be. Look at the difference from the 02 US Open (or before), there's a big difference. Either he is taking roids or Brad is increasing Andy's weight training remarkably.
________
STARCRAFT 2 REPLAYS UPLOAD

Feņa14 05-24-2004 12:37 PM

I heard him and Coria have sessions and they both pump up with roids.

Thats why,

Liam

Chanchai 05-24-2004 12:44 PM

I think it's been noticeable since the start of the year. Especially noticeable during the first round of Davis Cup (maybe because of wardrobe + haricut at the time). Though many don't really like the outfit he wore today, I think it helped emphasize that he's bulked up.

For sure, his calves, neck, and arms seem to have bulked up earlier this year imo.

Some have commented on it as well.

I also think Hewitt has bulked up too. He wears such loose/baggy clothes it's hard to tell though.

-Chanchai

Futures Journeyman 05-24-2004 12:52 PM

In addition to his growth hormone treatments, he probably added roids. What a punk. They will burry this dude next to Brian Bosworth, and Ben Johnson when it is all over. Mandy likely left him when his sack started to shrivel up.

TwistServe 05-24-2004 12:59 PM

I think this explains his "rage" during the matches.. It's Roid Rage!

SonicSpeed 05-24-2004 01:02 PM

Of course it's been the roids. Duh.

Datacipher 05-24-2004 01:48 PM

I do have some reason to believe Roddick used GH during his later teens....I know one of his ex practice partners well....don't know about steroid use now...but it wouldn't be a huge surprise....

@wright 05-24-2004 01:57 PM

WATER! = Roid Rage. Any questions?

big ted 05-24-2004 03:00 PM

did u know players get drug tested in literally just about every tournament they play in addition to having random non tournament tests, especially for the top players like roddick and agassi ? steroid use in an impossibility. also it is not unheard of for a 22 year old male like roddick to gain some mass just from growing. your steroid talk are unclaimed rumours that have no back up :D

Futures Journeyman 05-24-2004 03:14 PM

You obviously do not know the history of Roddick. Almost all of his old playing partners and competitors are saying something is up with him. He is juiced, and it doesn't come from a company ike Tropicana.

SonicSpeed 05-24-2004 04:28 PM

So he somehow still passes all the drug testing then?

matchpoints 05-24-2004 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicSpeed
So he somehow still passes all the drug testing then?

it's not very hard to pass a drug test. just do a quick search online to find a few ways.

big ted 05-24-2004 05:14 PM

how do u know the test is only a urine test. this is the atp world tour not a stupid half assed test from ur parole officer. u cant mask or alter a blood test :D

Datacipher 05-24-2004 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big ted
how do u know the test is only a urine test. this is the atp world tour not a stupid half assed test from ur parole officer. u cant mask or alter a blood test :D

LOL. Yes, and bodybuilding/powerlifting is also extensively tested!

It amazes me people still don't realize how widespread the doping is. There are many many ways to get around it. I know many athletes/bodybuilders who use....it is a running inside joke. As one bodybuilder told me...yes you get tested....but if you get caught you are a flaming indiot...

big ted 05-24-2004 06:00 PM

but bodybuilders dont get tested offseason. :D

NoBadMojo 05-24-2004 06:05 PM

remember they busted petra korda and he is like 6'4 and 125. must have been cuz of those huge cartwheels he would do when he won. ;0 ed

Phil 05-24-2004 06:10 PM

Big Ted - Give it up. Athletes know how to beat the tests-they have "trainers" and advisors who make their living from giving this kind of advice. Otherwise, the entire US Olympic Track & Field squad 90% of the NFL and the entire US Postal Service cycling team, among others, would be on permanent holiday (suspension).

But...I don't have any opinion on Roddick-I don't see him as being heavy on the juice.

david aames 05-24-2004 06:13 PM

Before jumping to conclusions, take a look at his dad and brother. They are both huge.

Unlike some of you, Roddick doesn't live off his parents' basement. He plays tennis for a living. Part of it is spending time at the gym with his full time trainer

Matt H. 05-24-2004 06:23 PM

jesus christ, talk about "guilty til proven innocent"

Roddick has never been mentioned of having any connections to any type of drugs.

You're ASSuming he's doing roids from looking at him at the Open from '02 to now. HELLO!!! He was 19. Males grow and mature til their early 20's. He's 21 now. Jesus christ.

Also, yeah...he's a tennis player. He doesn't sit on a couch all day, he's out on the courts and the weight room every day...cuz it's how he makes his living. :roll:

Ballmachine 05-24-2004 06:47 PM

This topic is pathetic. Roddick wins a match, so he must be taking steroids. Give me a break. Take a look at Pete when he won the Open in 1990, and take another look at Sampras after 1995. Oh, Pete filled out. I guess he must have taken steroids. It's called maturation of the body. It happens to all adults. You people need to get another hobby, other than bashing professionals that give it their all, and lay it on the line every time they suit up for battle.