Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Other Equipment (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Tourna grip vs. Wilson Pro Overgrip vs. Yonex Super Grap? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=5462)

Drizzt 05-25-2004 08:09 PM

Tourna grip vs. Wilson Pro Overgrip vs. Yonex Super Grap?

Which is the most durable and absorbs the best? Also I which is best if you get blisters easy?

Kirko 05-26-2004 12:00 PM

Tourna-Grip. It feels like chamois . Theres a reason so many pros use it .

Cruzer 05-26-2004 02:15 PM

I prefer the Yonex Super Grap. The Wilson starts out as good as the Yonex but in seems to get slick a lot faster than the Yonex. Also, the Yonex comes in a variety of cool colors. I have not used the Tournagrip but if you read the customer feedback about them it seems that its short durability is a common complaint.

tykrum 05-27-2004 08:37 AM

I use both Tournagrip and Super Grap and I really like both equally. Tournagrip does wear out sooner, but Super Grap gets dirty. They both have a nice feel, absorb well, and you shouldn't have a problem holding on to the racquet with either one. Super grap in my opinion is little too sticky right away when you put it on. I don't think you could go wrong either way. Haven't used the Wilson.

Brent Pederson 05-27-2004 02:15 PM

I found the tournagrip to wear very fast and then gives me blisters easily. The yonex is perfection. Nicely tacky, comfortable, and no blisters! Definitely the best of all IMO.

PHSTennis 05-27-2004 05:09 PM

I have used nothing but Wilson Pro for about a year now... maybe a 3-pack of Tourna... I like the feel of tourna ececpt it last about 1 set... it turns dark blue if you have sweaty hands like my friend used one of mine :P the Pro... about 60% of my team uses this... I have about 3 rolls of it stocked... I dont think I'll switch to anything else... The Wilson Pro gets changed about once every one or two weeks ;)

kninetik 05-27-2004 05:14 PM

I love the Yonex Super Grap. At first its crazy tacky and my thumb formed a callous but once it gets broken in, it's comfortable and amazing to use.

PHSTennis 05-28-2004 12:17 AM

My thumb has a huge callis... so does my whole hand... oh well... its tennis ;) sucks though... its like NUMB

TennsDog 05-28-2004 03:39 PM

I have used all three and I am currently trying to decide between the Yonex and Wilson. They are very similar. The TG is ok, durability horrible, and I don't care for the dry feel. As for durability of the others, I find they stay a lot cleaner and last a lot longer if I simply wash my hands each time before I play, don't even need soap, just wash with water. Both grips are great: the orange Yonex looks good on my 300G, and the Wilson comes in a 12 roll which I like.

Nas Eclipse 05-29-2004 04:00 PM

Wilson Pro good feel absorbs sweat well

finchy 05-29-2004 07:33 PM

i hate my tournagrip....i need to get some wilson pro overgrips soon.

jings 05-30-2004 06:55 PM

Out here I sweat a lot - I mean a lot. Used TG for years but am switching to Wilson Pro. Like the TG but durability is rubbish, I'm lucky if I get a set out of one. Whereas the durability on the Wilson is great, I find the slightly tacky surface really stops the handle turning and the absorbing power of the Wilson seems just as good. TG is good but it hasn't been updated for years .... must be time to enhance it a little.

Anyone else think the TG has got narrower as well?

Drizzt 06-02-2004 06:44 PM

Like most everybody here I have a callis on my Thumb. I use to use tourna but didn't like the durability so tried Super Grap and liked it until I started to get callis. Im now using the Wilson since it feels almost as good as the yonex but it doesn't give me callis anymore.

Thanks for all the replys.

kreative 06-04-2004 11:08 PM

absorption: wilson pro > super grap > tourna

tack: super grap > wilson pro > tourna

durability: wilson pro ~ super grap > tourna

that said, tourna's not bad, just doesn't last long at all, decent absorption, and thin.

i'd personally opt for wilson pro or grap, it's pretty close.

tennisnoob 06-09-2004 02:06 AM

Wilson Pro Over Grip has turned out to be the best for me so far, TG grips are great, the only downside would be its durability. Hell! I use to change my TG after every set I play and it was just too damn troublesome to keep changing grips! Yonex is pretty good too, but i felt that Wilson's a tad more tacky.

finchy 06-12-2004 08:20 PM

as i said before, i used to have a high tack touragrip. i just changed to wilson pro overgrip today and it feels fantastic. way more comfortable than touragrip. more tackier also. not so much of a dry feeling either.

i havent tried the super grap, but IMO, the wilson is the best.

nn 09-12-2004 12:27 PM

DUNLOP HYDRAMAX overgrip

DUNLOP HYDRAMAX ABSORB OVERGRIP is the BEST of ALL

Drizzt 09-13-2004 12:40 PM

What about Babolat vs. original overgrip?

nn 09-21-2004 10:08 AM

Not too bad but not great for someone who is looking for absorbent grip.

Ruuzo 09-22-2004 10:16 PM

its really too bad wilson doesn't make pro overgrip in more colors....considering its probably their most popular one and they put out their other overgrips in multiple colors!