Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Why does ciggarette smoking look so cool? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=55269)

jon166 11-06-2005 07:39 PM

Why does ciggarette smoking look so cool?

man something about a guy just sitting back with his head reclined all the way back taking a nice big drag seems so ... cool.

i want to pick up smoking, but it's bad for your body... i wish it wasn't..

hell i might smoke anyways, its so cool

Phil 11-06-2005 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon166
man something about a guy just sitting back with his head reclined all the way back taking a nice big drag seems so ... cool.

You must be around 14 years old. Am I right?

nViATi 11-06-2005 08:03 PM

Quote:

What's cooler a guy walking around with an oxygen tank or a guy running around playing tennis? Hmm... :rolleyes:

sebastiaN911 11-06-2005 08:42 PM

OMG I SEE ALL THe COOl KIds DOIng it< I MITE AS WELL DO it TOo!
then ILl be COOL , JUuS like YOuu!!

racingdad23 11-06-2005 09:22 PM

I was once Young and Naive also. Just what the Tobacco companies were targeting. Marketing back in the 70's was all about smoking looking cool. I thought it looked cool too. Boy was I a sucker (and still am) I've been sucking on these cancer sticks for 25 years. Let me let you in on something.

Lung Cancer is not cool!

Heart Disease is not cool!

Yellow Teeth is not cool!

Bad Breath is not cool!

Smoking around your children is not cool!

A home smelling of smoke is not cool!

Your vehicle smelling of smoke is not cool!

Spending $3000 a year on cigarettes is not cool!

Wheezing on the Tennis Court in between points is not cool!

Being out of breath during sex IS NOT COOL!

If you want to look cool buy a Sergio Tacchini Polo, flip up the collar and cruise the strip in your Dad's convertable. That my young friend is cool, but SMOKING IS NOT!

HE GREAT AMERICAN SMOKE OUT IS NOVEMBER 17TH 2005. BE THERE - BE COOL!

sebastiaN911 11-06-2005 09:39 PM

your mom thinks im cool though

racingdad23 11-06-2005 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebastiaN911
your mom thinks im cool though
i take 39 sh1ts a day
oh nig plzzz it aint tha racquet its da player holdin the racqueetttttttt
FACK MY SPLLEING ADN GRMMER IS GoDO ENUFF OKYYYYAAAA
if i saw a sweaty shirtless guy i'd fcukin chase his fat ***** down...
u shoulda went as a s.l.ut.t.y nurse !
if i was ur doubles partner id pants u
riddique... lmao thats the gayest sh1t i herd
but u shood throw ur racquet at them
i can do one girly pushup
u shooda said "did u see the *** on that one!"
im 69 and i act 12....
Your mom thinks I'm handsome
im 6 years old b*tchesssss
i'd steal his racquet then kidnap him and RANSOM HIS @$$ for 10- MILLION DOLALRS
"Pay some brown people to make cheap clothes,"

Another "witty" comment from the King of Cool. I've seen other people get banned from here for alot less. Maybe with any luck one of the Mods will see your "contributions" to the TT forum. Or better yet maybe one of your parents will see. Your obviously not here to use the forum for what it is for.

Maybe you didnt see these requirements when you signed on here.

TW Message Board Policies

1. No obscene or profane language is allowed. This one’s pretty easy – none of the "Big 7" dirty words you used to not be able to say on television are allowed. Our moderating filter is designed to catch these words. Any that slip through will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be asked to discontinue. Persistent offenders will be blocked from the boards.

2. No personal attacks or abusive language is allowed. If you have a problem with someone, take it off of Talk Tennis. Antagonistic behavior will not be tolerated. Debating issues and opinions is fine, but flaming and insulting won’t be tolerated.

Tennis Warehouse reserves the right to block access to Talk Tennis for anyone who chooses not to abide by the policies listed above. Thanks for your cooperation and participation on Talk Tennis.

I'll see you around...then again...maybe not.

raftermania 11-06-2005 11:31 PM

Nice work racingdad, they should put your spiel on every cigarette carton.

My friend's mom just died of lung cancer. Oh why did she get lung cancer you ask? Take an educated guess. And sebastian if you want to be a smartass, try not to tell people you're Canadian.

Andy Hewitt 11-07-2005 12:19 AM

LOL! This HAS to be a joke....

Coda 11-07-2005 01:30 AM

if smoking=cool
tennis =not cool...and neither makes sense

Nuke 11-07-2005 04:18 AM

As flamebait, I rate jon166's post as a 2. Too stupid to really stir up the anthill, I think.

gonzalocatalino 11-07-2005 04:36 AM

I was a smoker for about 12yrs...i quit months ago...and i can tell you...smoking IS NOT cool.
Only a stupid 14yo kid can think that (like me when i start smoking)

doriancito 11-07-2005 05:33 AM

my dad smokes around 5 cigarretes oer day min. i want him to stop!!!!

bluegrasser 11-07-2005 05:38 AM

Just ask your lungs if smoking is cool, me i just have one cigar a day after lunch, and that's probably one too many.

armand 11-07-2005 06:17 AM

This is why I love tennis and sports in general: Because when you step onto the court, you gotta let it all hang out, there's nowhere to hide, no lies, no deception, no bullsh.
You're all there and if you aren't by not giving it your all, you'll have lost much respect. And when the scoreboard reads 2-6, 1-6 and you come shake hands with your opponent, he will not care that your ankle is hurting, or the strings on your favourite racquet broke or that you are a smoker and you get tired easily. There are always excuses...

Geezer Guy 11-07-2005 08:09 AM

Quote:

It's not cool, but it may SEEM cool the way other "risky" behavior can appear cool. Riding a motorcycle without a helmet, bungy jumping off a bridge, rock climbing without a safty line, etc, etc - these can appear to make you look confident and cool. However, sooner or later, the odds will be against you. A single mistake can kill you quickly, or - in the case of smoking - may lead to a long slow painful death.

I smoked up to two packs a day for 20 years. I've been "clean" for about 13 years now. I still don't have the lung capacity that I SHOULD have, but other than that I was pretty lucky and, to date, have not had any medical problems from the smoke. You may be lucky too, or you may be dead by the time your my age. Most of the risk factors that lead to a short life are completely within your control. Choose wisely.

rommil 11-07-2005 08:13 AM

Quote:

Go ahead dude, knock yourself out. Now, if you can find a way to be cool without smoking, that's even cooler than cool...

Fatmike 11-07-2005 08:31 AM

When I see a kid or a teen smoking I never think :"OMG look how cool he his"

I Think:" Stupid kid, aren't there enough information about how smoking is bad for health and how hard is it to stop"

snowpuppy 11-07-2005 08:34 AM

Smoking is so baaaaddd, which is good :)

Cruzer 11-07-2005 09:03 AM

Quote:

Wrestling a 1,000 pound salt water crocodile would look pretty cool too. The major difference from smoking is that the croc will kill you faster. Smoking has to be the dumbest thing you can legally do to yourself and at the same time bother and offend almost everyone around you.