Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pro Match Results and Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Davis Cup! US-Romania (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=65655)

Andy Hewitt 02-09-2006 10:23 AM

Davis Cup! US-Romania

It's that time again! Anyone predicting a Lubjicic-like year for Igor Andreev/Pavel Andreev (whatever his name is, I think he is Romanian)? Is this tie in the US or Romania? If it's at home I hope we go slow hard court again :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, I think US is gonna breeze through. Pre-game talk, no spoiler talk.

Marius_Hancu 02-09-2006 10:27 AM

Andreev isn't Romanian. Quite a good player though.

Andrei Pavel is. An artist, but over 30 ...

The tie is in CA.
www.daviscup.com

Mr.Federer 02-09-2006 11:28 AM

I believe Andreev is russian.

Fee 02-09-2006 11:44 AM

The tie I really want to see if France-Germany, in Germany. Grosjean is out for revenge I'm sure, and it seems the only time the Germans actually like Kiefer is when he's playing Davis Cup. Wish I had the Tennis Channel (I might head over to the Furry One's house, despite the fact that he used a lower case F the last time he quoted me, harumph).

thn 02-09-2006 12:10 PM

this issue with kiefer and the german tennis federation is over for a long time. I always liked him, especially when heßs throwing raquets at someone^^ (just kidding)

Andy Hewitt 02-09-2006 04:21 PM

Bah, you know who I meant.

Marius_Hancu 02-10-2006 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fee
The tie I really want to see if France-Germany, in Germany. Grosjean is out for revenge I'm sure, and it seems the only time the Germans actually like Kiefer is when he's playing Davis Cup. Wish I had the Tennis Channel (I might head over to the Furry One's house, despite the fact that he used a lower case F the last time he quoted me, harumph).

agree ....

mesias 02-10-2006 01:47 PM

Looks like Roddick is going to loose this one against Pavel. 4-1 fifth set. If he's unable to pull out of this situation and lose, how is it going to affect andy's confidence?

Fee 02-10-2006 01:50 PM

Mesias, the thread with actual match details is in the 'Match Results' forum. :)

Chanchai 02-10-2006 01:52 PM

I'm looking at the live-scoring on the davis cup site and is down 2-5 in the 5th set. Looks like he's gonna take it to 3-5, but umm... well... can't watch the match so no idea how Pavel is playing.

Marius_Hancu 02-10-2006 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chanchai
I'm looking at the live-scoring on the davis cup site and is down 2-5 in the 5th set. Looks like he's gonna take it to 3-5, but umm... well... can't watch the match so no idea how Pavel is playing.

the site is garbage, 4 points late ...

Max G. 02-10-2006 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marius_Hancu
the site is garbage, 4 points late ...

It's good enough for those of us that don't see it on TV....

Shabazza 02-10-2006 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fee

you should've it was very tense, exciting and thrilling with great tennis - just not the right outcome for me :(

pound cat 02-10-2006 03:21 PM

Roddick....age 24

Pavel......age 30

Who will win this match?

Bets anyone???

Ronaldo 02-10-2006 03:24 PM

Thank goodness the Blake-Hanescu match is LIVE!!!!!!!!!!

Shabazza 02-10-2006 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pound cat
Roddick....age 24

Pavel......age 30

Who will win this match?

Bets anyone???

the match is already over....:confused:

Shabazza 02-10-2006 03:27 PM

Blake should win this one, period!

pound cat 02-10-2006 03:29 PM

I know. But had I said who won I should have posted it in Match Results. This was more of a comment on "age-wise, , who do you think should have won this match"

Get yourself ANOTHER coach, Andy. LOL

pound cat 02-10-2006 03:36 PM

Apologies to Roddick...he threw up during the match and was helped off the court.

VamosRafa 02-10-2006 05:57 PM

Hello from La Jolla!

It was an amazing day today. Andy seemed to be in control, and the third set TB was the key. Andy didn't convert Matchpoint, and then he was so sick. We knew something was up with him, because he had a waste basket brought over to where he was sitting.

But when he started throwing up, we knew things were bad. But hey, he's no Justine H-H. He left it all on court, literally, and started to make a comeback in the fifth set.

But Pavel took advantage of the situation, as he should -- just kept the ball in play, and ran Andy around as much as possible.

But Blake really took control in the second match. It was terrific. Blake is playing very confident tennis. I have high hopes for us being up 2-1 tomorrow.

Go USA.

This location is terrific for DC, BTW. Good job, USTA. And the hotel is amazing!!!