Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   no better feeling then when your serve is "On" (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=689)

Matt H. 02-29-2004 08:22 PM

no better feeling then when your serve is "On"

wow. My school is having an intermural tournament, and i signed up for the advanced division.

I don't think i've ever felt as good as i did tonight. If i could have kept stats, i'd say my first serve percentage was in the high 70's, if not 80%+. Don't really know how, but it was like i just couldn't miss. I'm not talking dinkers here, but flat out bombs. Corners, down the T, slice out wide, you name it. I won 8-1. After i served, broke, and served again...i think the guys wheels just came off knowing that i was serving so good.

Anyone else experience this? It's great, that's all i know.

stainless steel rat 02-29-2004 08:38 PM

Yeah I know what you mean. You can't wait to serve again and see your opponent lunge helplessly at your "bombs on the dime".
When I'm in the serving zone like this my opponents serve don't bother me at all. Feels like I have all the time in the world to break him and finish him off on one little break.

Hawaii 5.0 02-29-2004 11:09 PM

What I like is knowing you can hit 4 straight aces when your on.Slice,flat bomb,kicker and whatever else you want and no matter what it's an ace if not a winner.Then you can concentrate on breaking, which by now is alot easier with their confidence low and no rthyme. I actually prefer being "on" in doubles since I think aces in doubles show poor depth and overheads and easy put aways do more damage to your opponents psyche's.

@wright 03-01-2004 07:42 AM

I agree, Hawaii, it kills your confidence in doubles for your opponents to keep knocking overheads down your throat whether it's your fault or your partner's.

polakosaur 03-01-2004 10:25 AM

when my serve is on my game elevates to new levels, i have a good game but when the serve is on the return is a monster, i paint(hitting shots on the line) the lines with my forehand and backhand, the game raises 6-7 notches

Kobble 03-01-2004 07:51 PM

I love when you start being able to hit second serve aces with regularity.

Max G. 03-05-2004 07:14 PM

I prefer being zoned with other shots - when I don't seem to miss volleys, when slices go where I want them to, deep or short. Make them feel like there's nothing they can do when I'm up at net, and nothing they can do to keep me away from the net - then everything flows, and it's the best game possible.

peter 03-06-2004 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max G.
I prefer being zoned with other shots - when I don't seem to miss volleys, when slices go where I want them to, deep or short. Make them feel like there's nothing they can do when I'm up at net, and nothing they can do to keep me away from the net - then everything flows, and it's the best game possible.

I too prefer being zoned with other shots. Like todays match
when it felt like I had total control and maximum power on my
flat forehand shots. I actually was able to hit forehands so
hard that my _good_ opponent wasn't able to return them or
in some cases even reach them. Superhard running forehands from
behind the baseline, crosscourt - and head-high forehands while
attacking the net just to put the ball away with maximum power

I sort of felt like I was "Pim-Pim". (Well, not quite - my shots are
nowhere nere as hard as his are :-). The adrenaline rush one
gets from those shots are really awesome.

Now, I lost the match 5-7, 4-6 in the end but this was a
big step forward for me since the last match I played against
him I lost something like 2-6, 0-6... Had my serves worked
better I probably would have won that match.

Then we played a doubles match and I played like crap (my
energy all spent on that singles match - and it probably didn't
help that I have a cold coming up [like it has been all winter -
the negative side of having preschool kids] :-).