Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (
-   -   measuring tension (

polakosaur 03-01-2004 10:20 AM

measuring tension
is there any device other than the string meter that measures the tension of the strings on a racquet?

rich s 03-01-2004 11:33 AM

Babolat RDC

Gaines Hillix 03-01-2004 12:06 PM


As Rich said, the Babolat RDC is used to do this, but it isn't measuring the actual tension on the strings. It's measuring the force it takes to deflect the strings in the middle of the string bed by about 1/2." Recently, when I strung a Prince Graphite Michael Chang OS at 60 lbs. with a nat gut/syn gut hybrid the RDC rating was over 70 right after the job was finished. The RDC can also be used to measure total racquet weight, swingweight and frame flex. Laserfibre also makes a device called an ERT700. It also measures the force required to deflect the string a preset distance to determine stringbed stiffness.

polakosaur 03-01-2004 07:07 PM

do you guys have a website with info about it, it seems like it costs a ton of money. do you got any more info

Gaines Hillix 03-02-2004 05:37 AM

You might try a search on google and also the Babolat website. The stringway website has some pix and descriptions on the ERT 700.

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse