Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   References (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Beware selling to chris osterberg (chrisofoto@yahoo.com) (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=71727)

pavo26 03-28-2006 07:34 AM

Beware selling to chris osterberg (chrisofoto@yahoo.com)

I agreed to sell him two racquets, which he agreed to buy. I didn't hear from him in a little while, as he told me he was out of the country. I then emailed him to see when I would be getting his payment and he then tells me to sell them to other people, after we had agreed upon a more than fair deal. In the meantime, I told three other buyers that the racquets had been sold. BEWARE!!! I noticed as I posted this that he had other negative comments.

vkartikv 03-28-2006 08:11 AM

Can you tell me when this was? I sent him pictures of three different racquets of mine but haven't heard from him in 2 days. I have had quite a few no-shows from him in the past but thought he had turned a new leaf after he had received a few +ve comments lately.

Catalin13 03-28-2006 10:49 AM

I agree

I had a pro frame that he wanted, we made our "deal" and after I said that the racquet has been sold to so many possible buyers, our "buyer" Chris, with his ASAP....tells me that he doesn't want to buy the racquet!
Think twice before "selling" to Chris Osterberg!!!

thirdandlong15 03-28-2006 01:48 PM

Thats weird I sold two prince sticks to him with absolutely no problems at all. He was very hands on through the whole process. He did let me know he was on business in Europe too.

pavo26 03-28-2006 03:56 PM

This just happened today, 3-28-06. I have the email to prove our conversations! BEWARE!!!

vkartikv 03-28-2006 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thirdandlong15
Thats weird I sold two prince sticks to him with absolutely no problems at all. He was very hands on through the whole process. He did let me know he was on business in Europe too.

If you search old references, you will see nothing but complaints against him from sellers, myself included in that list. The past few weeks it seemed like he had accrued a few +ve comments but one must use caution.

frekcles 03-28-2006 05:48 PM

It's not that he doesn't pay for the racquets. I'm sure he does. The problem is sometimes he doesn't follow thru on the deal he makes. I've noticed that he inquires on several ads here. Not really certain if he finalizes the deals on even half of them. I learned the hard way.

Richie Rich 03-29-2006 03:16 AM

I sent him pics "ASAP" at his request as he was "ready to buy the racquets immediately". Then nothing. I emailed him and he says "oh ya, no longer interested." He's not a rip off artist but sure makes frustrating to deal with.

None of us are perfect here so lets cut him a little slack. What he is doing is not really the end of the world. I'm sure most of us have done the same thing too.

rlbjr 03-29-2006 07:14 AM

If dealing with him, just don't regard the rackets as sold till you see the money.
If someone else gets the payment in first, they get the rackets.

swedechris 03-30-2006 06:18 AM

come on guys..!! dont cry wolf..

i am sorry guys if i have been too entusiastic in my approach . ..

i never ever ripped anyone off though and i can easily show a great number of sales i have done taht have been working out just fine. ..!!! :)

i will not accept to be blamed just because sales have not gone thur .. in the marketplace new offers show up all the tiem and sometime´s for me and sometims for the seller too. .. thats part of the princilpal of a free market i guess..

but i dont let my disappointment for an occasional setback lead me to write a thread and put down that seler .. thats is below my standards and i would hope others too and i think it defeats the purpose. i think it is only when someone a seller or a buyer actual really does rip off in either not sendinga racket payed for or if a buyer receives a racket unpayed for.. then ok write a thread and post a warning , by all means..!
never did and never will do that i am not in that category at all.
best/c

SteveI 03-30-2006 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swedechris
i am sorry guys if i have been too entusiastic in my approach . ..

i never ever ripped anyone off though and i can easily show a great number of sales i have done taht have been working out just fine. ..!!! :)

i will not accept to be blamed just because sales have not gone thur .. in the marketplace new offers show up all the tiem and sometime´s for me and sometims for the seller too. .. thats part of the princilpal of a free market i guess..

but i dont let my disappointment for an occasional setback lead me to write a thread and put down that seler .. thats is below my standards and i would hope others too and i think it defeats the purpose. i think it is only when someone a seller or a buyer actual really does rip off in either not sendinga racket payed for or if a buyer receives a racket unpayed for.. then ok write a thread and post a warning , by all means..!
never did and never will do that i am not in that category at all.
best/c

Hi All,

I have done a few deals with Chris and all went well. Chris has made many contacts with me regarding the purchase of frames. At times he does contact you ask for a pic and a price and then not follow up right away. He has also asked me it sell him frames at a price.. that I just could not do. I just explained that to him and he was ok with that..and it did not stop him from contacting me again for other frames. If Chris does not get back to me right away.. I just field other offers and sell the frame to the 1st serious buyer. Not that I do not think Chris is serious.. I just know that he is looking to get the best deal he can. Of course.. I know how Chris operates. If you are dealing with Chris for the 1st time and you lose a deal waiting for Chris.. I can understand how one might be upset. There are others on this board, that when they contact you regarding purchase of a frame, you know they are going to buy.. and the money order.. PayPal.. check whatever is on the way ASAP. Chris feels that as a buyer that it is his "right" to shop.. and I can respect that..but he also knows when he writes you back a week later the frame.. might be gone. Sooooo when dealing with Chris.. keep this in mind. I hope this helps. Just my experience with Chris.. plain and simple. Not saying who I think is right or wrong.. just the facts Man!

Regards,
Steve

swedechris 03-31-2006 01:07 AM

:)

thansk steve for that inlay .. there is 2 sides to this coin so to speak...

i look for deals and buy when i feel i have found what i am looking for at a fair price after some shopping around.... i miss out also due to that i.e. the rackets get sold if i dont buy directly and shop around .. so i also sometimes miss out ..
best// c

sunmin77 03-31-2006 03:00 PM

Swedechris!

I think you are missing the point here. Nobody is arguing that you have ripped them off. The problem the posters are having with you is that due to the fact you sound very enthusiastic and ready to buy, they will put other potential deals on hold, just for you. Thus, I believe that it is more than fair if you contact the potential seller within a day or two after you have expressed your interest, to let them know one way or another.
I, for one, will ignore all of your requests to send you pictures ASAP. To me, it just seems like a waste of time to deal with you, when I could sell my racquets to several others in the time that you get back to me.
I don't think that there is anything wrong with seeking the best deal, as that is what we are all in search of. However, telling someone that you are ready to buy, or even that you will buy the racquet, and then not contacting him/her for an extended period of time, makes you, at least in my view, a waste of time.
Once again, nobody is accusing you of ripping them off but you have been a major pain in the *** for lots of people here on the boards.
Just to give you some of your own medicine, the next time you list racquets, I will tell you that I am interested in every one of them and ready to buy ASAP and then I will not e-mail you back. We'll see how that makes you feel.

Sorry if this post sounds a little bitter. However, I just think that wasting someone's valuable time just so one can save $5 or $10 somewhere else seems like a low move to me.

J D 04-01-2006 09:59 AM

Swedechris, just a suggestion here, but perhaps you need to pick your words more carefully when dealing with people. When you say, "I am ready to buy," you may be thinking, "When I find the right deal." However, the seller may be thinking, "He's buying my frames right now." You may say, "I want to buy your frames," thinking, "I would like to buy but I may not," while the seller is hearing, "He's going to buy my frames."

I hope we can all agree that telling someone that you are definitely going to buy their frame(s) and not doing so is wrong (Chris, I could not tell from your posts that you thought this way). An agreement to buy, even on the internet, is a legally binding contract. Not sending money after agreeing to buy is not only morally but legally wrong, even if no one was materially "ripped off."

sunmin77 04-01-2006 11:08 AM

Well put, JD.
I don't think our friend Swedechris has quite grasped the concept of the words: "I am going to buy".
Maybe next time you(swedechris) are not quite sure about buying a racquet, you should say that you will think about if for a week or two and that the seller should feel free to sell the frame to someone else who might come along. That way, there is no confusion.

skraggle 10-10-2006 06:02 PM

BTW all, he's now posting under the name "TennisCrazyDude"...

diehard6.0 02-27-2007 08:03 PM

I should have read this thread. Swedechris offered a little discount for two racquets I listed and we accepted his offer. He said he is out of the country and will ask his friend to make a payment. After that email, he totally disappeared. Is this guy a pilot or travel-maniac? He seems on trip for the vast majority of lifetime.

frekcles 02-27-2007 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diehard6.0 (Post 1281740)
I should have read this thread. Swedechris offered a little discount for two racquets I listed and we accepted his offer. He said he is out of the country and will ask his friend to make a payment. After that email, he totally disappeared. Is this guy a pilot or travel-maniac? He seems on trip for the vast majority of lifetime.

He is out of the country. He has someone do the buying for him on this side of the pond. The seller will ship to his buyer and in turn the buyer will ship to Chris. At least that's how I understand his transactions.

For more info check out the references section for posts by myself and vkartikv.

In D Zone 08-08-2007 01:14 PM

swedechris - STRIKES AGAIN!

UPDATED: Aug 09, 2007
Recanting my claim - giving SWEDECHRIS another chance!

In D Zone 08-08-2007 01:17 PM

swedechris is BAD BAD news! chris osterberg (chrisofoto@yahoo.com)

UPDATED: Aug 09, 2007
Recanting my claim - giving SWEDECHRIS another chance!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This is the second transaction he did with me - negotiate and agreed on the price, shipping and payment.

The guy then just disappear!