Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Outlet Stores in bangkok (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=74613)

HotShotEd 04-18-2006 02:46 PM

Outlet Stores in bangkok
 
As I'll be heading over to Bangkok, Thailand. Can someone advise me where the outlet stores for Nike, Adidas, etc ... are? Since I have some Nike Sphere Drys that were made in Thailand so I assume they should have discount outlets. Any outlet for tennis rackets as well? Thx in advance.

anirut 04-18-2006 08:16 PM

Hi HotShotEd:

When are you coming over? Drop me a mail. We have a few TT user community overhere.

As for Nike & Addidas ... well, I have no idea. There are many big stores for you to try your luck. I usually don't see discount outlets for those shoes. As far as I know, Nike's are now made in Vietnam, aren't they?

topspin_17 04-19-2006 12:08 AM

Hey HotShotEd, I live in Bangkok.
I don't know of any popular racket outlets here but if you go to Siam Pa-ra-gon, but I can assure you that you will not be disappointed when buying rackets because as far as I know, Pa-ra-gon has the biggest selection of rackets. They even have Tecnifibre rackets... You cannot find Tecnifibre rackets anywhere else apart from Pa-ra-gon. I think. Oh, but the downside of racket-buying in Thailand is that all of the new rackets, like the Wilson nBlade, nPro Open and the Yonex RDS 001's and 003's aren't here yet. Not even the sponsored players of which I know of have them. You should also visit Pa-ra-gon for string matters too. They have a large choice there ranging from Wilson and Babolat to Gosen and Tecnifibre.
Cheers

topspin_17 04-19-2006 12:11 AM

Sorry, guys.
This stupid typo thingy won't let me put the full name of the shopping centre down. Anirut, you should know of Pa-ra-gon. If you don't understand me, then you should put those 3 short words together and that would spell the name of a popular shopping mall in Bangkok. The downside of the place is that it is damn crowded.

HotShotEd 04-19-2006 01:51 AM

Thx for the info, guys. Is Pa-ra-gon the new shopping mall in Siam? The last time I went it was still under construction. Anyway I'll be here from May 3rd to 6th, from Hong Kong.

Tottoa 04-19-2006 03:21 AM

As Hotshoted said, "Siam Pa-ra-gon" is the place where you can find various tennis equipments, however most of thai tennis player usually bought equipment from their tennis trainer or independent sale who could offer 30-40 % off, so when u arrive thailand just drop emil I wanna help u to see the real tennis world in thailand.


I just baught brand new babolat apd at 140 us

paulfreda 04-19-2006 03:35 AM

I live here in Bangkok.
There is a huge sports building across the street from Rahmkanheng University out Soi 71. Near the Hua Mark Stadium. It is called FBT. It is a seven story building with sports equipment on all floors. The tennis dept is outstanding. They will string up a new racquet for you while you wait (30-40 minutes). Pretty much any brand you can think of. They even have a small room with a wall where you can hit with a frame and see how it feels. I highly recommend you take a taxi out there and see for yourself if you have time.

Siam Pa-ra-gon is an expensive shopping mall, very new. The tennis dept there may fill your needs and it is much more convenient as it is right at the Siam BTS stop.

topspin_17 04-19-2006 07:17 AM

Tottoa, you got an APD for 140 USD? Wow. That is a good deal. Did you get that from a sponsorship or from your coach or from someone you know? I know of people who got their nSix-One's for at least 80 USD. Very good deal indeed. And Paulfreda, I forgot about FBT. That is also a good place to get tennis gear. Do they sell Tecnifibre? Sorry, I haven't been there in a long time. And do any of you guys play in the tournaments like the Thai Tennis Magazine tournaments or the Lawn Tennis Association tournaments?
Cheers

Tottoa 04-19-2006 10:19 AM

FBT -->no technifibre

Tottoa 04-19-2006 10:19 AM

from independent sale

anirut 04-19-2006 02:24 PM

Hey, Tottoa, if you mean the Tecnifibre racket then no. But FBT HAS Technifibre strings. I think they're the importer of the string brand. I may be wrong.

altis 04-20-2006 12:57 AM

Was in Bangkok recently. No offence to the Thais, if you're coming from Hong Kong, I believe racquet prices in Hong Kong are more competitive compared to prices in Bangkok. But its fun window shopping in Bangkok!

If you're looking for Yonex, there are Yonex showrooms at Seacon Square and Central City Bangna. You can get Yonex racquets, tennis shoes, strings, grips etc.

There's a Wilson store near National Stadium BTS and Tesco Lotus (a hypermart) if you're looking for Asian versions of Ncodes.

Adidas and Nike apparels are available at major department stores - Siam P aragon, Emporium and Central Chidlom. You can also check out other brands like Volkl, ZONS, Pro Kennex, Fischers etc.

znoopie 04-20-2006 01:06 AM

I wanna go back home.. but it's darn hot right now.

We should set up a Bangkok Tennis Tournament for local TT users.

dennis1188 04-20-2006 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by altis
Was in Bangkok recently. No offence to the Thais, if you're coming from Hong Kong, I believe racquet prices in Hong Kong are more competitive compared to prices in Bangkok. But its fun window shopping in Bangkok!

If you're looking for Yonex, there are Yonex showrooms at Seacon Square and Central City Bangna. You can get Yonex racquets, tennis shoes, strings, grips etc.

There's a Wilson store near National Stadium BTS and Tesco Lotus (a hypermart) if you're looking for Asian versions of Ncodes.

Adidas and Nike apparels are available at major department stores - Siam P aragon, Emporium and Central Chidlom. You can also check out other brands like Volkl, ZONS, Pro Kennex, Fischers etc.

He is right, hint, better do yr homework while yr in HK, 'sports/tennis shops (not the big HK Dept. stores or sogo), before heading to BKK. In BKK i've only found some limited items frm adidas (thai made gear), nike for asia market all made in prc or viet w/ higher imported goods pricing, so no 'deal' hr.
No rackets r made in thailand so all rackets r subject to import duty. Hint, HK is a duty free area.

HotShotEd 04-20-2006 09:50 AM

I got my N6.1 Tour 90 USL today from a local pro shop. Strung it with Alu Power Rough on crosses and X-one biphase on Mains ... Hope it plays good.
I was actually thinking of getting some discounted Nike Sphere Dry shirts from Bangkok and hopefully it's cheaper than here in Hong Kong.

dennis1188 04-20-2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotShotEd
I got my N6.1 Tour 90 USL today from a local pro shop. Strung it with Alu Power Rough on crosses and X-one biphase on Mains ... Hope it plays good.
I was actually thinking of getting some discounted Nike Sphere Dry shirts from Bangkok and hopefully it's cheaper than here in Hong Kong.

Hv u tried the Nike factory outlets (in kowloon side). ask at the main nike shops 4 locations.

HotShotEd 04-21-2006 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennis1188
Hv u tried the Nike factory outlets (in kowloon side). ask at the main nike shops 4 locations.

No I haven't tried. Can you pls tell me where in Kowloon it may be, rather then me asking the main Nike shops?

dennis1188 04-21-2006 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotShotEd
No I haven't tried. Can you pls tell me where in Kowloon it may be, rather then me asking the main Nike shops?

for more info, send me a email at dennis60622@yahoo.com

HotShotEd 05-02-2006 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulfreda
I live here in Bangkok.
There is a huge sports building across the street from Rahmkanheng University out Soi 71. Near the Hua Mark Stadium. It is called FBT. It is a seven story building with sports equipment on all floors. The tennis dept is outstanding. They will string up a new racquet for you while you wait (30-40 minutes). Pretty much any brand you can think of. They even have a small room with a wall where you can hit with a frame and see how it feels. I highly recommend you take a taxi out there and see for yourself if you have time.

Siam Pa-ra-gon is an expensive shopping mall, very new. The tennis dept there may fill your needs and it is much more convenient as it is right at the Siam BTS stop.


I'll be leaving for the airport in 6 hrs, I know it's a bit rush to ask, but can anyone tell me which is the closest BTS station to FBT? Many Thanks.

anirut 05-02-2006 06:20 PM

Hi HotShot:

Hope you check this post when you're in BKK.

There's no BTS to the FBT Building in Ramkhamhang. Too bad for that. You've got to take the taxi.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse