Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Andre's Own Special Nike Air Zoom Breathe Free's (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=763)

Foo4Everlong 03-02-2004 08:30 AM

Andre's Own Special Nike Air Zoom Breathe Free's

Just curious if anyone else has noticed the Nike Air Zoom Breathe Free's that Andre Agassi wears, they have an extra higher lift on the very back of the shoe where the back of your anckle is. I've looked at all the other pros that wear these shoes and no ones wears the ones with the higher lift except for Andre. And he's had that extra lift since he's been wearing that shoe over a year ago. It amazes me how much these companies make certain equiptment for each pro. Racquets, sneakers, clothes and everything. I remember hearing about Nike making a special shirt for Pete Sampras where the right sleeve was smaller then the left, because he was constantly having to pull it up before he would serve. I wish we could get things like this done for us, or at least it would be cool if they would make them available for us to purchase. I do like what Nike is doing with their Nike ID thing. Make your own shoe colors is definitely a step in the right direction. The new Zoom Air Breathe Free II is coming out in April. It should be very cool. Later

gza 03-02-2004 12:13 PM

Dont' forget Sampras' vented oscillates..

PureCarlosMoyaDrive 03-02-2004 04:18 PM

Ya, aren't Andre's just kind of like a mid version of the breathes? Definately don't look as good as the lows. Also, all the pros at wimbledon get like special color versions of shoes, example is Federer has his white breathes with an all white bottom for the grass courts and I'm pretty sure everyone else did too. I would love to get some custom Nike stuff, like custom colored shirts (aka green with silver and black or whatever, so sick).

BDAZ 03-02-2004 08:14 PM

a few years ago at the french open, when nike had that reversible shirt (white/yellow and black/gray), agassi had a version that was not reversible, it just looked that way. did anyone buy that shirt? i did, and it was a pain in the @$$ to play in. finally, i took it to the tailors, had them hem the sleeves and the bottom, and I cut out the mesh part, so now it's just a single sided shirt. it's great.

gza 03-02-2004 10:37 PM

I have that shirt you're talking about BDAZ.. I don't wear it for play. In fact, I don't even wear it. I'm thinking I should do some altering to it too. It feels stuffy and warm.

On the plus side, it is SPF 30 certified.

Foo4Everlong 03-03-2004 07:07 PM

BDAZ, I have both of those shirts as well, both colors. I did wear them, but like you said they were very hot to wear in the summertime. I think what I ended up doing was waiting til the summer was over and I wore them mostly during the winter months while I was on the court teaching.

PureCarlosMoyaDrive, I totally know what you are talking about with the Zoom Breathe Free's that the Nike guys wore at Wimbledon last year. Infact, I went over on niketown.com and made a pair that looked the same but unfortunately they took that shoe off not too long ago and I was unable to order it on time because of lack of funds. But I did make a pair that I got for Christmas. All black with a yellow swoosh and grey mesh. It came out pretty cool. I get a lot of compliments on them. Anyways, I spoke with a Nike rep the other day and he said that the ne Zoom Breath Free II's are coming out in April and there will be a Nike ID for that shoe as well. And I'm sure they will make a special white version for Wimbledon in late June. Later