Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Fed points to a fake mark during 5th set tiebreak. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=78458)

Count Grishnackh 05-15-2006 06:30 PM

Fed points to a fake mark during 5th set tiebreak.

Hmm, looks like he had to cheat to keep up with Nadal. He can't beat him straight up on the court so he has to make up coaching to cover up his cheating even though he doesn't even speak Spanish or much less Mallorcan. Fed loses a few matches and he's not so nice anymore is he? Like Fed said, "it's nice to be important, but it's important to fool everyone into thinking you're nice."

Tennis_Goodness 05-15-2006 06:35 PM

The Nadal fans :roll:

Dan007 05-15-2006 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Grishnackh
Hmm, looks like he had to cheat to keep up with Nadal. He can't beat him straight up on the court so he has to make up coaching to cover up his cheating even though he doesn't even speak Spanish or much less Mallorcan. Fed loses a few matches and he's not so nice anymore is he? Like Fed said, "it's nice to be important, but it's important to fool everyone into thinking you're nice."

Federer use to be the nicest guy on the tour because he won all the time, but he's getting his *** killed in almost every finals, he have turned out to be a real jerk.

ShcMad 05-15-2006 06:55 PM

I don't think Fed has turned into a total jerk, but I do think his niceness isn't as prevailing as before. It must be frustrating losing to the same guy 5 times. I bet right now he doesn't care about how he acts, whether nicely or not. But, we gotta understand that he needs some time and maybe a win over Nadal will cure this?

Pat Crotty 05-15-2006 06:58 PM

My dear Count, a fake mark and the wrong mark are not the same thing. Futhermore, how do you know exactly what mark Federer was pointing at and more important, precisely what mark was in his mind at the moment?

VamosRafa 05-15-2006 07:33 PM

I agree this is overkill.

But no different to starting one or more threads about Toni Nadal coaching Rafa during the match.

Count Grishnackh 05-15-2006 07:43 PM

I post that thread to show how absurd Fed fans are when they go away from what really happened, and that is Fed lost to Nadal and he's lost to him 5 times.

If Federer was going to beat Nadal anywhere on clay this year it was going to be yesterday. The courts had been playing like hardcourts all week (witness the relative success of Henman, Rusedski, Nalbandian and roddick) and not penalizing those players who don't know how to slide properly on clay.

Nadal also had the pressure of trying to match Vilas' record and Borg's record of title wins as a teenager, plus he played in Barcelona last week and so fatigue must have been a factor and Federer STILL couldn't do it.

I wrote last year that Nadal was already better than Federer mentally and tactically and once he improved his returns of serve (more depth) and racquet skills at net (he's now fantastic) he would give Federer a headache every time they play. He still needs to improve his returns to become competitive on a grass court but otherwise I am so pleased to see that my prediction has come true.

Federer is indisputably the number 1 player in the world but right now, in a head to head, Nadal starts as hot favourite on clay, warm favourite on hardcourts, evens indoors and the underdog on grass and if he keeps improving, it is only a matter of time before he claims the Number 1 slot.

tennissavy 05-15-2006 09:05 PM

The count is right. Federer is dishonest in pointing to the wrong mark and insisting that it is the correct mark and that it is out. I love when the chair umpire told federer that even if the mark to which he is pointing is correct, it is good, not out!!! That was priceless. Then, Federer doesn't congratulate Nadal during trophy presentation speeches but Nadal congratulates federer- that shows who really has class and who is the sore loser. To top it all off, federer accuses Tony Nadal of coaching Nadal during the match in a post match press conference! If he thought there was coaching during the match, he should have told the chair umpire. I have no respect left for Roger Federer as a sportsman. He is without class, a sore loser, very insecure of Nadal usurping him, immature in the way he expresses his insecurity...

superman1 05-15-2006 09:28 PM

You're all idiots and you all make me sick. Let's talk about tennis, not the integrity of people you don't even know.

:D (That's a fake smile...fake nice)

VamosRafa 05-16-2006 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superman1
You're all idiots and you all make me sick. Let's talk about tennis, not the integrity of people you don't even know.

:D (That's a fake smile...fake nice)

Then why do people talk about sportsmanship here among players?

Really, none of us really knows these players. So are you saying we shouldn't comment at all about what we see about people we don't know.?

If so, why talk pro tennis at all. Because to my knowledge there are no tennis insiders here???

Just asking the question???

superman1 05-16-2006 01:41 AM

When you start using sportsmanship as an indication of what kind of person that player is, and start chanting about how you have no respect for him anymore, it becomes pathetic. And when you make a thousand threads on the same subject, it turns into spam. The same thing happened with Agassi after that Goldstein match. Suddenly he was a horrible person and a vicious personality. The same guy that blows kisses to the crowd and is the biggest humanitarian in sports. Now suddenly Federer's whole nice guy personality is a facade, and he's in reality a cheater and a weakling. Don't go by what people who actually know him say, he's really a horrible person because he pointed at the wrong mark and had the audacity to claim that Nadal's uncle talks to Nadal during the match.

zhuk 05-16-2006 01:49 AM

Quote:

Yessah. The wuss is sensitive, you know. He's swiss, you know. Without his groupies around and his body wash, seems like not quite the same, you know.
He'll get his *** kicked at FO waaaaay before he even gets to the final. :mrgreen:

zhuk 05-16-2006 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan007
Federer use to be the nicest guy on the tour because he won all the time, but he's getting his *** killed in almost every finals, he have turned out to be a real jerk.

Nah, the jerk was always there, just lurking, kinda jerk the lurk.

He was a spoiled brat since the beginning, but his lucky winning streak allowed him to use the camo
:)

Galactus 05-16-2006 02:05 AM

Quote:

I post that thread to show how absurd Fed fans are when they go away from what really happened, and that is Fed lost to Nadal and he's lost to him 5 times.

If Federer was going to beat Nadal anywhere on clay this year it was going to be yesterday. The courts had been playing like hardcourts all week (witness the relative success of Henman, Rusedski, Nalbandian and roddick) and not penalizing those players who don't know how to slide properly on clay.

Nadal also had the pressure of trying to match Vilas' record and Borg's record of title wins as a teenager, plus he played in Barcelona last week and so fatigue must have been a factor and Federer STILL couldn't do it.

I wrote last year that Nadal was already better than Federer mentally and tactically and once he improved his returns of serve (more depth) and racquet skills at net (he's now fantastic) he would give Federer a headache every time they play. He still needs to improve his returns to become competitive on a grass court but otherwise I am so pleased to see that my prediction has come true.

Federer is indisputably the number 1 player in the world but right now, in a head to head, Nadal starts as hot favourite on clay, warm favourite on hardcourts, evens indoors and the underdog on grass and if he keeps improving, it is only a matter of time before he claims the Number 1 slot.

Diasagree.
You're only scratching the surface there. Federer is geting better and better on clay. In a matter of weeks, he's going to **** Nadal on clay, what happens then? What happens when Federer owns the invincible phenomenon on clay? Does that make Federer beyond the best?

Did you ever watch the Feds interview where he talked about how he was losing to guys like Hewitt, Henman, Agassi, and Nalbandian time and time again, and now he finds great joy in tearing them new *****holes because, as he put it, "I don't ever forget!"
And now he's got a vendetta against Nadal. He's studied Nadal's game and Federer has evolved. The French Open is going to see the new Federer, one that not even the great phenomenon Rafael Nadal will be able to stop.
Feds is obsessed with not only winning but being the ultra dominant and master of every facet of the game. He wants every tournament under his belt.
We just saw a vastly-improved version of Federer on clay 2 days ago, he's going to bring the heat this time and not even Nadal will stop him.
A p!ssed-off and motivated Federer - unbeatable.

Nadal got away by the skin of his teeth and the single-minded desire to beat Vilas' record, he should be commended for his very impressive win. But the streak on clay will end very soon.

The Fed-Express is coming.

Again.

zhuk 05-16-2006 02:09 AM

[quote=Count Grishnackh]I post that thread to show how absurd Fed fans are when they go away from what really happened, and that is Fed lost to Nadal and he's lost to him 5 times.

My dear Count, that is a sterling example of an undisputed truth.
The only thing worse than a Fed fan is a fed pen! ;)

When those turkeys all get together at his sucky website, the squaking can be heard for miles, but no-one is there with a half-brain to realize that denial is NOT a river in Egypt.
"Oooh, our Rogi must be hurting, oooh, he needs a wet nurse, oooh, I wish I was there to hold his hand, oooh, I hate Nadal, and how I wish I could scratch his eyes out...". Well, you get the picture.
:neutral: :-|

zhuk 05-16-2006 02:17 AM

"Don't go by what people who actually know him say,"

What is that suppose to mean, Skippy? You know Fed personally?
Do you believe his press-agent, his publicist and his promoters or do you believe your lying eyes? :eek:

janipyt05 05-16-2006 03:27 AM

He did point to the wrong mark... we will never know if he meant it or not. Either way its didn't work he still LOST

ksbh 05-16-2006 03:48 AM

<<< In a matter of weeks, he's going to **** Nadal on clay, what happens then? >>>

Galactus,

I've always enjoyed reading your balanced and objective posts. But here's one remark you're gonna have to eat your hat about! Just a few weeks ... we'll find out.

My money's on the Spaniard. Nadal is no mentally weak Hewitt or Roddick, as Fed must have found from 4-2 in the final set to the last point played. This boy will just not back down, intimidation doesn't work with him! Sure it was a close match but I'll be surprised if Nadal allows Fed to go the distance in the French Open final :)

Galactus 05-16-2006 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksbh
<<< In a matter of weeks, he's going to **** Nadal on clay, what happens then? >>>

Galactus,

I've always enjoyed reading your balanced and objective posts. But here's one remark you're gonna have to eat your hat about! Just a few weeks ... we'll find out.

My money's on the Spaniard. Nadal is no mentally weak Hewitt or Roddick, as Fed must have found from 4-2 in the final set to the last point played. This boy will just not back down, intimidation doesn't work with him! Sure it was a close match but I'll be surprised if Nadal allows Fed to go the distance in the French Open final :)

Hmmmm....Hewitt: 'mentally weak'????? :o
I don't think so...

Fischer76 05-18-2006 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janipyt05
He did point to the wrong mark... we will never know if he meant it or not. Either way its didn't work he still LOST

Maybe he did not mean it. He was just desperate. Then again maybe he did not mean to get caught. :mrgreen: