Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   stop hatin on Roddick (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=7955)

zenmaster 07-02-2004 08:53 PM

stop hatin on Roddick

All you guys say Roddick sucks and can't strategize or whatever, but Roddick was #1 at the end of last year, and I don't think anyone on this board can say they were ever #1 in the world. I think it's ridiculous how you guys keep saying Roddick sucks, if you played him he would knock you off the court to your mom crying and your racquet wouldn't have touched the ball the entire time he beat you 6-0, 6-0, 6-0, 6-0. So stop the roddick bashing, it's getting quite annoying.

Ariel 07-02-2004 09:00 PM

zenmaster, I bet you were one of the guys with the upper body painted red-white-blue at the masters cup shouting: let's-go-Andy-let's-go.

I don't like Rod-dick and I think the guy is overhyped and annoying, just a picture of what the rest of the world think of the americans, most of the time because of their arrogance.

Is plainly stupid as an argument that you ask me if to criticize someone, I have to be able to beat him, or if I have been #1. Are you 12, or 13? Is a twelve years old argument, and this is a grown-up forum, so get your soup, go to bed, and come back in ten years.

finchy 07-02-2004 09:07 PM

IMO, its rodDICK....

zenmaster 07-02-2004 09:10 PM

im sorry lil girl, just becuz you think hes annoying doesn't mean everyone does. Even if he's annoying, what does that gotta do with playing tennis huh? I dunno what your saying with the american thing, are you american or what? Whatever you think really doesn't matter, the fact is that Roddick is a young guy playing in a Wimbledon semifinal, if he can get there with no skill then I think I should be in Wimbledon.

zenmaster 07-02-2004 09:12 PM

and also lol, i'm not the one getting all giggly noticing that Roddick has DICK in his name, oooo how funny, and you call me a kid

ucd_ace 07-02-2004 09:14 PM

After this profound posting, I will no longer say anything negative about Andy Roddick. Wait... yeah I will, my mistake. The reason why we hate Roddick is people like you that like Roddick. I hope you have a box of tissues for the finals on Sunday (no rain... please).

zenmaster 07-02-2004 09:16 PM

ok that sure was a meaningless post...

TwistServe 07-02-2004 09:23 PM

I don't deny roddick isn't a good player.. But Roddick is a handicap player that lacks many qualities that the great players have.. He's all serve and forehand, with a bad backhand and bad volleys.. He is temperment and a little kid though his attitude has been improving this year..

But roddick is not and never will be a sampras.. With that said, Federer may be the next sampras.

zenmaster 07-02-2004 09:25 PM

ok yea i can agree to that, roddick def needs better net play, but he can improve. Mostly I think ppl gripe about him because ESPN shows him a lot and aren't very varied in their coverage, they do this becuz I doubt many ppl know about Federer and most US citizens know about Roddick. Federer is definitely one of the best players.

zenmaster 07-02-2004 09:28 PM

I don't worship Andy or anything, i just think you guys should stop saying he sucks and **** like that

The Franchise 07-02-2004 11:12 PM

Look at all you guys hating on Roddick saying how horrible he is. So lets see, Federer is God and ranked #1, Roddick is horrible and ranked #2, that means #3 all the way down must play like crap floating in the toilet, 'cause they sure can't beat Andy.

I mean damn, don't say he sucks just because you don't like him. For example, I hate J "the Hand" Double H with a passion, but do I put down the little gremlin's game? Heck no. She's got skills for sure, but I do wish to see the Belgian troll lose every match there is. Oh yes, I hate J "the Hand" Double H, I truly do.

All in all, I hope A-Rod wins Wimbledon. If he doesn't, no big deal, but if he does, I'll come back here laughing for sure. Alright then ladies and gentlemen, that's all from your gracious keeper of good will for now. Have a nice day.

Pyro 07-03-2004 12:12 AM

I'll take a moderate view on this post. Zen, your post sounded very childish but nevertheless, you do have a point, Roddick bashing isn't 100% justified, but there are many justifications. First off, Roddick is an annoying ***** on court, if you try and deny that, then you have as much credibility as a drunk guy saying that he found a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Second, he is way way way too overhyped by the US.(It's like WWII, Mussolini and Hitler used nationalism to turn Germany and Italy against the allied powers) I mean, have you seen those ESPN clips where they show some pictures of Roddick, where he always ends off with some serious face holding up a US flag, and then they show these totally outrageous words like "victory, firecracker, figjam, champion" (btw first off TY ESPN for showing Federer, you're starting to get better, and that spy music during the clip of Federer Grosjean was hilarious, FedEx= 007 of Tennis hahah). The funniest thing about this was I remember when Roddick lost at the French, the commentators admitted it, and then they showed the clip and the last word before the commercial break was victory, adn then they showed the replay of him losing the match. Third, frankly, he is stopping us from seeing Federer. It's like seeing Barry Bonds getting walked the whole game or going to the beach and having the view of a pretty girl being blocked. Finally, his game lacks dimension. He uses a very unilateral approach, serve the ball really hard and use the forehand to get a break. As for your argument of Roddick being famous, he is famous for two reasons, first he dated Mandy Moore, second ESPN only shows that guy. Ok, I guess I just bashed him, sorry, it's so tempting, haha. Anyway, even I will admit his backhand and volley are getting better. His game is getting better and I couldn't return his serve from 20 feet behind the baseline, he is the highest ranked US player in the world, he's like the vice president of tennis, he is very marketable and he is the reigning US champion. So I will give Roddick his due, he's one hell of a player, but I still think your last name is RodDICK for a reason and if Ancic doesn't get the job done, then Federer will.

bravestennis 07-03-2004 04:29 AM

well i don't love him, but if tennis is on in teh USA 90% its him. So you have to watch him or no tennis at all. How does his annoyancey play into his tennis game? Does being annoying get you a faster server? I think he a good player. He's still working hard on parts of his game. Can anyone here beat him? I don't think so, so why do we make threads about how awful each one of us are. I'm not a hug roddick fan, but hees still good, i'd rather see some other players every once in a while though. I haven't seen fish since CIncy, he was looking pritty good against roddick.

zenmaster 07-03-2004 06:57 AM

alright Pyro, if he's overhyped i don't really think Roddick himself paid the announcers to say he was good, maybe the announcers actually like him, they see his talent.

Down_the_line 07-03-2004 07:12 AM

Zen, are you Roddick's mother or something?

Feņa14 07-03-2004 07:30 AM

Well as you all know I am Roddick's biggest hater. My feelings were confirmed today when he pulled of another of his little "stunts", when Ancic was beating him he forced the umpire to take them off because of the rain and there wasn't any!!! Ancic wasn't happy and play continued on every other court except Court 1.

Thats why all the other players and most non American's, and most Americans, and most tennis fans for that matter actually despise him.

Not the first time he has used underhand tricks, Brad is writing a new book as we speak entitled "Hideous Winning".

I want Federer to rip him to pieces in an hour or so. And I will laugh him.

That incident was disgrace to professional sports.

-Liam

VamosRafa 07-03-2004 07:34 AM

Don't waste your breath, zenmaster. It's like asking folks to stop loving Federer. It ain't going to happen. :wink:

I've gotten to the point where I can ignore it. Andy's results speak for themselves. The talk he does with his racquet is more persuasive than what's written in a tennis forum. And it's all that matters anyway. :wink:

Susan

Aoya 07-03-2004 08:42 AM

Was there ever a statue built for the critic?

yee 07-03-2004 09:18 AM

Yup. Just when I was actually restoring some respects for Roddick since the clay season, he went on to pull this stunt in Ancic's match.

I think it's probably normal for players to do that, but still not pretty to see and he was actually complaining to Ancic and asking Ancic to play to his pace at some point during the match.

sliceroni 07-03-2004 09:50 AM

Why is it that there is always something controversial during Roddicks match? Also controversy at last years Nalbandian match. Which is one of the many reason why many do not like him. Federer lets his racquet do the talking. Other player's can do what they want when there up against him like take an injury time-out when they're getting rolled by him as Hewitt did, but it doesn't matter.