Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Which would be more powerful? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=7973)

Drizzt 07-03-2004 06:09 AM

Which would be more powerful?

Ive demoed the Yonex MP Tour-1 90 and like the control but I would like a little more power. Which would be better the Yonex MP Tour-1 XF with lead tape added or the Wilson nSix-One 95?

Drizzt 07-05-2004 07:54 AM

Ive actually decided to keep my current racquet but would still like to add weight to it. Where can I add lead tape to it to increase just the overall weight and nothing else?

TW Staff 07-05-2004 02:40 PM

We have this information included in our customizing a racquet article in the learning center. http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LC/lcfrontpage.html

Chris, TW.

Drizzt 07-06-2004 06:14 PM

Wouldn't adding lead tape to 6 o'clock pull the sweet spot down though?

Drizzt 07-06-2004 06:26 PM

I have a Head Intelligence X5 OS. Its 4 points head heavy. I want to pull the sweet spot up which means im going to add lead tape to 2 and 10 o'clock. If I added 6 grams to 10 and 2 o'clock (3 at each) How many points head heavy would it be? I would also like to make it 2 points head light then. How much lead tape would I have to add to make it 2 Points head heavy.

I would buy a balance board except im really short on money. Is there a system for knowing how many points head heavy or head light 1 gram of lead tape affects the balance? For instance does 1 gram of lead tape at the handle make it 1 more point head light than it was before the tape was on there?

Drizzt 07-06-2004 06:26 PM

Thanks too.

Drizzt 07-06-2004 06:40 PM

I just found this on the TW website. (1 point = 1/8 of an inch). Does that mean that if I did add the 6 grams at a gram an inch that 1 inch= 1 gram would be 8 points? Im also sorry for all the questions.

TW Staff 07-07-2004 09:42 AM

Drizzt,
I would not get too concerned with points head heavy or head light right now. Rather, go with what feels right. So that you don't waste lots of lead tape, you can attach it with finishing tape during your trials. This way you can even move the weight around while you are at the courts and find the right fit for your game. When you've found the right fit, then it is time to start taking measurements. These measurements will enable you to customize another HEAD i.X5 OS racquet so you’ll have a matching pair. You will probably find that the second racquet will require a slightly different amount of weight to be added to match the other (you may even have to add some weight at 12 or 6 to match balance), unless you are fortunate enough to start with two identical racquets.
When customizing my own racquets I always go by feel. When all is said and done, I'll measure specs.

Chris, TW

Drizzt 07-07-2004 10:53 AM

Im confused when you say "attach it with finishing tape". Does this mean use finishing tape instead of lead tape or put the lead tape on with the finishing tape. Also I only have one I.X5 OS.

Thanks for all your help. Since i only have one I.X5 OS if i put lead tape on and then decided to take it off would it peel the paint and make it weigh less than it did before i put the tape on in the first place?

Thanks again

TW Staff 07-09-2004 04:09 PM

The reason I suggested using finishing tape (duct tape or whatever you have around) is so you can temporarily attach the lead tape to the racquet without having to peel off the adheasive backing. This way you can move it around and to find out where you like the lead the most. All you need to do is attach it to the racquet so it won’t fly off when hitting - any tape placed over the lead tape will do. Once you’ve decided where it should go (or if at all) you can peel off the backing from the lead tape and attach it. If you peel off the backing and attach the lead tape before doing this and then want to move the weight, you’ve ruined the lead tape and will have to start fresh. Using the finishing tape will allow you to keep the lead tape intact until you decide on its location.
Also, the lead tape should not take off the paint.

Chris, TW.

Drizzt 07-09-2004 05:02 PM

Thanks Chris.