Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Maria's "inspiration"? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=7995)

bookem 07-03-2004 12:02 PM

Maria's "inspiration"?

OK, let the guessing games begin on the mysterious other inspiration...

My take? Wouldn't it be ironic if it was Anna K, especially since most of the -ovas have been quoted as saying she was an influence?

TwistServe 07-03-2004 12:23 PM

Her inspiration is a male ATP player

VashTheStampede 07-03-2004 12:31 PM

ok i confess, but dont tell maria i told u guys. the secret is, its me.

Cigo 07-03-2004 02:24 PM

Pete Sampras?

JohnThomas1 07-03-2004 02:30 PM

I'm guessing it HAS to be a guy friend.

Aonex 07-03-2004 02:50 PM

My vote goes to Rafael Nadal... now that would be a power couple.

pound cat 07-03-2004 03:16 PM

It's someone she has a crush on & she was being very coy and giggly about it. Cute, LOL

Feņa14 07-03-2004 03:46 PM

It's definetly a boyfriend. It will come out soon enough I hope.

-Liam

nyu 07-03-2004 04:30 PM

Nadal. I'd put money on it.

Aonex 07-03-2004 04:33 PM

Hey Susan, what's the word on this? Maybe you got the wrong Maria the first time.

Feņa14 07-03-2004 04:36 PM

Yea nyu come to think of it, didn't Nadal finish practising and Maria and Kirilenko came onto court and he didn't know where to look and he got a bit shy?

I'm sure Susan will know for sure.

-Liam

robbie_dademo 07-03-2004 06:38 PM

what exactly did maria say by the way? i missed it thanks guys

VashTheStampede 07-03-2004 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbie_dademo
what exactly did maria say by the way? i missed it thanks guys

maria thanked some secret person who gave her inspiration and she said that she wudnt give out his/her name. Susan, is it rafael? or no. any info? if it is KUDOS TO HIM!!!

TripleThreatPlayer 07-03-2004 11:09 PM

Would be a good couple. Both young prodigys. Sharapova defeated Williams and Nadal defeated Federer....

VamosRafa 07-05-2004 01:23 AM

:lol: You guys are funny.

Rafa keeps insisting he's "single." Mostly recently in a Dutch mag published in June. He was asked if he had a girlfriend, and he said "not yet."

The two Maria's did practice together at IW, and he was watching both of them. But trying not to be too obvious. It was cute. Now, they came onto the court he was just leaving, so I think that was all coincidence.

But to my knowledge, he's only been seen at Maria Kirilenko's matches. He was watching her qualifying matches in Miami, and was at her match against Serena at Roland Garros. No goss linking him to Maria Sharapova. And Mary Carillo reported that he is dating Maria Kirilenko.

But Rafa's English is not good, and unless either of these gals speaks Spanish, a relationship would be a bit awkward.

Anyway, I was laughing at this bit from Roddick's interview. I think he would fit in around this place quite well -- except for having to read all the bad stuff about him. :lol:

"Roddick said he wanted to see what Sharapova wore at the Wimbledon gala.

"Will it be short? Is it going to be long? Disappointed I won't get to see that," Roddick said. "I might just sneak in and crash the party. I'll bring the beer, man. Let's go."

Xuan121 07-05-2004 04:27 AM

I dont know about this but i have heard about of rumors that Maria is a Lesbian.

So her inspiration could be a female after all.

Feņa14 07-05-2004 10:42 AM

A lesbian hey!?!?

That could be abe a good thing :wink:

-Liam

Aonex 07-05-2004 11:20 AM

How's this for inspiration... $100 million dollars worth of endorsements. Cha-ching!

AAAA 07-05-2004 01:42 PM

I've figured it out. The mystery man is Marat Safin, how else can you explain the concentration and he's also Russian and is tall enough.

VamosRafa 07-05-2004 02:12 PM

The only thing I can't believe is that you guys haven't posted the photos of Maria from the Wimbledon Championship dinner.

I was looking at them, and my husband saw them, and said, "Who's that?" And I said, "The girl who won Wimbledon."

He said, "I'm going to have to start going to more tournaments with you."

Darn you, Maria! :( Can't very well go chasing Andy and Rafa around the premises with husband and sons in tow. :lol:

Of course, she may keep them distracted. :lol: She's got legs . . .

Hint re following photos: Now that you have gazillions in endorsements, invest in clothes that are tailored to fit and a make-up/hairstylist for gala events, where all cameras will be focused on you: :wink: [She is under contract for a modeling agency after all, and they should have sent someone over. My husband's opposing view: "She looks as though she took a shower and put on a pretty dress. She looks great." Maybe that's the strategy re the portrayal of Maria.]

And because we couldn't possibly have a thread without Roger :wink: :