Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Technifibre T-Fight 325-for Clay-Courters?? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=80774)

byealmeens 06-01-2006 12:27 PM

Technifibre T-Fight 325-for Clay-Courters??

I noticed a lot of the lesser-known "clay-courters" at the French were using what looked like Technifibre 325's. Is this a new trend, or just contracts and PJ's?

lacoster 06-01-2006 01:10 PM

Wesley Moodie is a big-hitting serve volleyer. He is certainly not a self-professed clay-courter. Like I have said in the past, Tecnifibre is sponsoring a ton of lower ranked pros in the hopes of following another French stringmaker, Babolat. They just need a big American name, like a Roddick.
________
C71, C76, C72, C77 Dream

LowProfile 06-01-2006 06:55 PM

Fernando Verdasco.

jura 06-01-2006 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowProfile
Fernando Verdasco.

... Martin Vassallo, Christophe Rochus, Kristof Vliegen, Janko Tipsarevic. But they don't use all the same racket. Verdasco and Tipsarevic are both using the T-Fight 325 with a 16x19 string pattern. Vassallo as far as I know has the stock version (customized for sure), Vliegen uses a pj of the old Major X-One Guy Forget and for Rochus I don't know up to know.
But I can tell you that the T-Fight 325 will not be continued next year. TF will have a new players racket series. Until now I only know the specs: There will be a T-Fight 320 und 335, low profile, 97 sq in. I think they will be the same mold, both rackets will be available wit 16 or 18 main strings.
The T-Fight 315 will not be continued, too. It will be modified to the T-Feel 305 with a 18x20 string pattern. (T-Fight 315 and T-Feel 305 are already the same rackets at this time, only weight and balance are different and the string pattern. So they just take of 10 gr. weight and change the name.)

Edit: Just recognized that Vassallo also uses the 16x19 version.

byealmeens 06-02-2006 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jura
... Martin Vassallo, Christophe Rochus, Kristof Vliegen, Janko Tipsarevic.

Also, Marc Gicquel, and a qualifier whose name escapes me now. Technifibre seems to be doing well ...

byealmeens 06-02-2006 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lacoster
Wesley Moodie is a big-hitting serve volleyer. He is certainly not a self-professed clay-courter. Like I have said in the past, Tecnifibre is sponsoring a ton of lower ranked pros in the hopes of following another French stringmaker, Babolat. They just need a big American name, like a Roddick.

I noticed that Moodie played with one, but until now, I hadn't noticed so many other pros using them. What you're saying makes sense - they are going after those lower-ranked pros.... And you're right, if one of those guys has a break-through year(s), they are bound to rival Babolat.

LowProfile 06-03-2006 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jura
... Martin Vassallo, Christophe Rochus, Kristof Vliegen, Janko Tipsarevic. But they don't use all the same racket. Verdasco and Tipsarevic are both using the T-Fight 325 with a 16x19 string pattern. Vassallo as far as I know has the stock version (customized for sure), Vliegen uses a pj of the old Major X-One Guy Forget and for Rochus I don't know up to know.
But I can tell you that the T-Fight 325 will not be continued next year. TF will have a new players racket series. Until now I only know the specs: There will be a T-Fight 320 und 335, low profile, 97 sq in. I think they will be the same mold, both rackets will be available wit 16 or 18 main strings.
The T-Fight 315 will not be continued, too. It will be modified to the T-Feel 305 with a 18x20 string pattern. (T-Fight 315 and T-Feel 305 are already the same rackets at this time, only weight and balance are different and the string pattern. So they just take of 10 gr. weight and change the name.)

Edit: Just recognized that Vassallo also uses the 16x19 version.

This is extremely interesting information. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Do you have inside sources from Technifibre or something? I hadn't heard of any of this before.

jura 06-05-2006 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowProfile
This is extremely interesting information. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Do you have inside sources from Technifibre or something? I hadn't heard of any of this before.

there's not many "Insider" in this infos. At Roland Garros you might see the new range. (I'm not there this year, but they showed the new range last year. So it will be the samennow I think.) And I got some infos like the racket specs of the new range some weeks earlier.
Regarding the infos about TF/MAJOR history: I'm inside of the racket cases for job reasons since 15 years. So it's kind of "natural" to know about these things;-)