Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Thomas Berdych Overgrip (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=85624)

thomas martinez 07-04-2006 09:49 AM

Thomas Berdych Overgrip

Turns out there is a new white one out on tour that is well liked by pros. Besides Mr Berdych there are upcoming Dunlop players using their Hydratac overgrip. I've used them myself, they last quite long, and are a sort of tackier version of Prince Duratac I guess might be a good way to describe them. I prefer to use bare leather, but these have won out over Tourna for me when the humidity hits. They supposedly also have a new German made poly on the way out which is comprable to Luxilon. This one I'm waiting for samples to try and hope it is good.

Jonas 07-04-2006 10:16 AM

sounds good thomas,
Keep is posted!

127mph 07-04-2006 06:48 PM

no man, he uses babolat grip, i seen it in a photo, had the babolat finishing tape on it.

Lakoste 07-04-2006 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomas martinez
I prefer to use bare leather, but these have won out over Tourna for me when the humidity hits.

As I also play with tourna over leather when its humid (straight leather the rest of the time), I'll be paying close attention to these, keep us updated

Jonnyf 07-05-2006 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 127mph
no man, he uses babolat grip, i seen it in a photo, had the babolat finishing tape on it.

Dude your arguing with a pro stringer who has no doubt seen or even PUT one of these overgrips on for Berdych

thomas martinez 07-05-2006 06:10 AM

LOL, no, never put one on for him, and his change is recent, which was told to me by someone who I know at DSIL.

lemmie 07-05-2006 06:45 AM

@thomas martinez

If you want I can try to get a hold of that new German string and send a set over....

Best Regards from Germany, Lemmie

Jonnyf 07-05-2006 06:46 AM

Hey Mr Martinez can i ask when you'd expect them out in the UK cause i use tourna over leather and im intruiged now. THANKS

Kevin T 07-05-2006 08:57 AM

Thomas,

Thanks for the knowledge! By the way, would you happen to know what frame Berdych actually uses? Have a good one.

thomas martinez 07-05-2006 12:59 PM

the Hydratac are out in the UK. The new poly from Dunlop is made in Germany. Widely soon to be distributed in Europe, and possibly soon in the US. Berdych uses something similar to Haas from what I was able to see.

Jonnyf 07-05-2006 01:28 PM

Quote:

the Hydratac are out in the UK. The new poly from Dunlop is made in Germany. Widely soon to be distributed in Europe, and possibly soon in the US. Berdych uses something similar to Haas from what I was able to see.

SERIOUSLY, well ill get some then to try out. Thanks

mowcopian 07-05-2006 02:02 PM

cool i will have to get some then, if the pros use them then they must be good.

thomas martinez 07-06-2006 06:10 AM

Just cause a tour player uses it doesn't make it good, but it is one fo the best I've tried out there. Nice feel, REALLY long lasting. Never tore one out, just got it dirty big time.

Jonnyf 07-06-2006 06:14 AM

Whoa, i can only find these on E bay so thats not really the best promotion for Dunlop eh.!!!

thomas martinez 07-06-2006 06:17 AM

Perhaps Jonny, but memory serves, in Glasgow, it's a PITA finding tennis stuff. The only places I've seen with "decent" if you can call it selection is Greaves, but thier stocks leave WAY much to be desired. I'm sure online shops in the UK like Millets and Gefen might stock them.

Jonnyf 07-06-2006 06:18 AM

Well 127mph i owe you an apology you were right. Again possibly more marketing attepmts from dunlop

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7135...F3EA9A178B7582

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7134...EA729C10D39779

Both pics from Wimbledon 2006 matches v. Federer and Haas

Jonnyf 07-06-2006 06:19 AM

Quote:

Perhaps Jonny, but memory serves, in Glasgow, it's a PITA finding tennis stuff. The only places I've seen with "decent" if you can call it selection is Greaves, but thier stocks leave WAY much to be desired. I'm sure online shops in the UK like Millets and Gefen might stock them.

Yeah it is. Greaves is good, im best mates with the owners son aswell so a nice wee coincidence there. (greaves is probably one of the best in Scotland sadly

thomas martinez 07-06-2006 03:10 PM

Nah, not marketing, but rather from someone who deals with sending out product to players direct at DSIL that told me that bit of info. Doesn't change the fact the grip is damn good on its ownright. He said that he just literally switched to that grip the day I posed up this piece.

Jonnyf 07-06-2006 03:11 PM

Quote:

Nah, not marketing, but rather from someone who deals with sending out product to players direct at DSIL that told me that bit of info. Doesn't change the fact the grip is damn good on its ownright. He said that he just literally switched to that grip the day I posed up this piece.

Hey was just saying, your recommendation is more than enough incentive for me to buy some of these grips

127mph 07-06-2006 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonnyf
Dude your arguing with a pro stringer who has no doubt seen or even PUT one of these overgrips on for Berdych

dude he may be, but i saw photo from bnp paribas masters with babolat grip on it. it may very well have changed.