Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Tips/Instruction (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   New Serves. Please rip them apart. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=95945)

tpduke112 09-06-2006 05:49 PM

New Serves. Please rip them apart.
 
Alright, I hit a few more serves today. Diff friend. Still didnt want to film. As you can hear, I didnt feel good about these. The last one was the only one I hit well. Anyway, give me all the feedback ya got and I will do my best to correct the stuff you say.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQa9CYbljG8



Previous Serves
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXaAs1NSbQM

wEstSidE.cAmpEr 09-06-2006 09:53 PM

WOW! You look a lot like me except you're darker and you don't serve as well.

andyroddick's mojo 09-06-2006 10:03 PM

your serve looks pretty good but we can't tell if it goes in or not. You have a pretty good motion except that I think when you start your motion, you bring your racket and ball holding arm too high up to your chest, because then when you start to toss the ball you start with a bent elbow. Try and toss the ball with your arm fully extended but only releasing at the very top.

tpduke112 09-07-2006 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wEstSidE.cAmpEr
WOW! You look a lot like me except you're darker and you don't serve as well.

lol, good advice.....

bertrevert 09-07-2006 03:22 AM

I'd say the ball toss should perhaps be a bit further out in front of you, not so directly above you, so that your body weight will launch you into the court and put some power into the serve. Nice clean rhythm.

tpduke112 09-07-2006 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bertrevert
I'd say the ball toss should perhaps be a bit further out in front of you, not so directly above you, so that your body weight will launch you into the court and put some power into the serve. Nice clean rhythm.

Alright, Ive gotta work on that. I have been told that before. On the serves that I amp up a bit, I can def. tell that I tossed it a bit more out in front. It is just hard to be as consistent. Time and practice.

HyperHorse 09-07-2006 05:26 AM

Your serve looks fine to me, but it just looks to me that your stance is a bit narrow, have your feet a little bit more apart...
Rock your feet more Becker style to get that weight transfer going...
Toss the ball a bit higher & more forward and just RIP IT!!!!
oh and before you start your swing, hold your racquet lower... This way the muscles/tendons in your arm wont tense up as much...

jackson vile 09-07-2006 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wEstSidE.cAmpEr
WOW! You look a lot like me except you're darker and you don't serve as well.

:rolleyes: where do all these morons keep coming from:rolleyes:

Bungalo Bill 09-07-2006 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackson vile
:rolleyes: where do all these morons keep coming from:rolleyes:

and here I thought you were the biggest moron on this site. They must be coming from around where you live.

drakulie 09-07-2006 10:39 AM

Your serve looks good. As someone else pointed out, work on keeping your tossing arms straight. Thanks for sharing.

kevhen 09-07-2006 10:58 AM

The motion and all looks good.

jackson vile 09-07-2006 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bungalo Bill
and here I thought you were the biggest moron on this site. They must be coming from around where you live.


Wow you are that old with kids and this is how you spend your free time?

You live a sad life LOL, and you defend somone making a coment like that, figures.

Sounds like what happend to you and keeps happening to you BB is called Karma! You got and get what you have coming to you, enjoy;)

kevhen 09-07-2006 12:12 PM

Go find a private room you two if you just want to flame each other. Are potatoes not doing so well in Idaho this year?

tpduke112 09-07-2006 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevhen
Go find a private room you two if you just want to flame each other. Are potatoes not doing so well in Idaho this year?

No joke, this is a thread looking for feedback on a serve....

Trinity TC 09-07-2006 01:47 PM

Serve is looking good. Don't be afraid to take a bigger arc on the loop in your backswing when you start tossing the ball further in to the court. It will help you maintain your smooth rhythm and will also help with body control on the more aggressive toss and serve. Also, go for a good high net clearance because you will probably get more downward bite on the ball with the forward toss.:cool:

How is the rest of your game? :)

tpduke112 09-07-2006 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinity TC
Serve is looking good. Don't be afraid to take a bigger arc on the loop in your backswing when you start tossing the ball further in to the court. It will help you maintain your smooth rhythm and will also help with body control on the more aggressive toss and serve. Also, go for a good high net clearance because you will probably get more downward bite on the ball with the forward toss.:cool:

How is the rest of your game? :)

alot better than my serve. I wish I could get groundies footage, but then there would have to be a third person there. I want to do that soon though.

Trinity TC 09-07-2006 02:32 PM

Groundies better than the serve? Woohoo! You've got the potential to have a real weapon with your serve...and its a lefty serve too. Generally, you can clock an extra 15-20 mph on the radar gun with a more forward toss. The biggest adjustment is getting used to the higher trajectory and net clearance.

I won't go into the physics of it but the gains in mph also mean gains in the few rotations of spin you naturally put on the ball. You get more spin effect from each rotation of the ball because the ball compresses and distorts more. Aerodynamics also change with the changes in ball speed and shape.

To sum it up...more natural speed and consistency with the forward toss. Start with a maximum of five minutes when you first start clicking with this serve. It's easy to get too pumped up and throw your arm out.:cool:

tpduke112 09-07-2006 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trinity TC
Groundies better than the serve? Woohoo! You've got the potential to have a real weapon with your serve...and its a lefty serve too. Generally, you can clock an extra 15-20 mph on the radar gun with a more forward toss. The biggest adjustment is getting used to the higher trajectory and net clearance.

I won't go into the physics of it but the gains in mph also mean gains in the few rotations of spin you naturally put on the ball. You get more spin effect from each rotation of the ball because the ball compresses and distorts more. Aerodynamics also change with the changes in ball speed and shape.

To sum it up...more natural speed and consistency with the forward toss. Start with a maximum of five minutes when you first start clicking with this serve. It's easy to get too pumped up and throw your arm out.:cool:

Thanks man!
Yea, my groundies are alot better than my serve because I work on them alot me. Me and my friends rarely work on serves (I hit about 5 times a week, but I dont play very much). For the past 3 or 4 days, I have been working on my serve some because I feel that it is holding my game back and keeping me from realizing my potential. So you think I have good enough mechanics to turn my serve into something?

siber222000 09-07-2006 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackson vile
Wow you are that old with kids and this is how you spend your free time?

You live a sad life LOL, and you defend somone making a coment like that, figures.

Sounds like what happend to you and keeps happening to you BB is called Karma! You got and get what you have coming to you, enjoy;)

lol.. and reason ur talkin about his life is because u have nothing to say??? :confused: come on now, lets not be childish :mrgreen:

scez 09-07-2006 05:54 PM

nice serve, and sorry not to contribute, but I like your other videos, drinking, and still drinking :p


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse