View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 08:19 AM   #48
Moose Malloy
Legend

Quote:
He was very receptive to the fans and I spent a couple of hours talking with Larsson and Wilander.
well, now you have to give us more details of that talk. was this event held at the same venue as the tour stop in Feb?

"At home in Sweden "doing nothing" except having a casual hit with legend Stefan Edberg, Magnus Larsson jumped at the chance to come to Memphis and compete in his first Outback Senior Tour event after Petr Korda was forced to withdraw due to an illness.

One last-minute trans-Atlantic flight and some jet lag later, Larsson was back in the city where he won the 2000 ATP event. One week later on Sunday he was holding up the trophy after a 6-3, 6-4 win over Wayne Ferreira in the final.

"It's been a great week for me here in Memphis," Larsson said. "It turned out to be a pretty good trip."

Larsson retired from play on the ATP in 2003, in 1995 reaching his career-high ranking of No. 10.

In the 3rd/4th place playoff match Todd Martin handed John McEnroe his second consecutive tournament loss in a 3rd/4th place playoff after Charlotte by the scoreline 6-3, 6-4.

"This is the best I've played since 2004 probably," Martin said. "A big part of it is coming out and knowing what I want to do. I've played John a lot. He pushes me around a lot, so I decided to tough it out a bit and get to the net."

http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2006-10-09/d.php
Moose Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote