View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 09:18 AM   #60
jackson vile
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlerajm
As stated when I posted the formula, it was only accurate up to 370 SW. At higher swingweights, there is not such a strong correlation between balance point and SGPR. One reason is that many pros with high swingweights in SW2 setups use very low tensions, so that the spin component on the groundstrokes is much higher. So these setups would feel overpowered if it weren't for the natural spin that brings groundstrokes back down into the court.

Nonetheless, based on my own experiments, I do believe that Federer's (apparent) balance point is a point or 2 more HL than the optimum for a 13-oz racquet for serves, but perfect for groundstrokes.

At best he is at 12oz starting but from what we have seen it is 12.4oz. IMO I don't see how he would be getting 31.2cm but a SW of 370, also would his serve not be better?

And then we still don't know what he uses for gras or USO.

Finally why is he breaking the 12.5oz mark? With my 12.0oz tnt-90 I got the SW to around 390 balance ~8pts static 12.4

With my one that I kept the original grip on and just put another grip over it to increase grip size, that one went to the specs shown in my sig with 3g lead at top of blanace point, and 1 g at the very tip.

This racket does not serve as good as SW2 but the ground strokes and everything are just amazing especially defensive abilities.

With his possbile setup of SW2 I would have over 0.5oz to put some where?

Finally how is he using low tensions like that with SW2? Does he even stay in SW2?