View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 06:15 PM   #38
Zaragoza
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Zaragoza,Spain
Posts: 5,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feņa14
You mean him telling them to be quiet after the crowed had cheered his errors and boo'd him for challenging calls with hawk eye? This isn't Davis Cup here, you can't go round behaving like that just because your home player is getting spanked.

That's what happened before the incident. 90% of the people here admit Nadal was wrong for saying what he did at the net and after the match, and the other 10% are fan boys who know he was wrong but just don't want to admit it.

If that's how Madrid feel about players other than their own then maybe the tournament should be relocated to another Country where the players shall be treated better. Nadal can go and play by himself in Madrid every October, it's pretty clear that the Spanish fans only have eyes for him.

I'll say it before and i'll say it again. Spanish audiences are more than willing to give it out, but when someone tells them the right thing to do they can't deal with it, and neither can Nadal by the looks of it. 7,001 sore losers in that stadium today, and 1 winner, not just for winning the match but for standing up for himself. You would like to think that the Spaniards will learn from this and take a long hard look at themselves but I doubt they will. Ah well, at least people got another glimpse at the real Nadal today.
The crowd cheered when Nadal won a point (when Berdych makes an error it means Nadal wins a point) and it happens on every tournament when someone is playing in his country or do you think they didnīt cheer Nadalīs errors against Johansson in Stockholm?
Itīs funny when you say 90 % of people admit Nadal was wrong as we all know 90 % of people here are Nadal haters so what should you ADMIT when you HATE someone?
Madrid is one of the best MS tournaments said by Tiriac and a few internet haters arenīt going to make him change his opinion.
Spaniards are so proud of Nadal and they have enjoyed him winning this tournament in Madrid last year and his French Open victories, the Davis Cup tittle with Nadal playing for his country...so many unforgettable moments by Nadal.
By the way, ask americans or any others who visited Spain to play Davis Cup ties about the spanish crowd.
Zaragoza is offline   Reply With Quote